Cheapest good weed now ? I found 350 thb/gram but not cheaper yet, any idea ?

11 minutes ago, Steve Mee said:

Thanks for your message this morning informing me that the Khanom growers LineID messages were not received.  

I have been in touch with them back & forth this morning & we have sorted out the LineID messages.  They are now receiving the messages so please try again & confirm with me all is working ok.  

Cheers

Steve

Please note:  For LineID messages you need to follow their account otherwise they will not receive the messages.  

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Hi Stoner.. (my Canuck bud-bro) 😁. I'm going to be returning to Canada for a holiday shortly. First time in 10 years. Kind of disappointing to hear your take on the legal market. I don't think many here will have picked up on your reference to "reserve dispensaries".. You are referring to Canadian Indigenous peoples autonomous areas. More or less self-governing.

But I'm an Albertan, not from Ontario. Could Google help me find these operations there do you think?

Don't get me wrong the legal stores are great. Convenient. Accessable. Always stocked with product. Huge variety. 

I'm just a snob when it comes to cannabis. There is a company called endgame though. They make fantastic vapes. Liquid diamonds.  Just out for a rip bud. 

As for the reservation dispos there will certainly be some in alberta I have no doubt. 

Edited by stoner

58 minutes ago, stoner said:

i have seen pure sun farms here. given it a hard pass every time. think they have to tell the government if they are using pgr or not. they just need to provide testing etc. but as i have and @SamuiGrower have mentioned before the testing can at times be P2P - fudged results etc. maybe samui will know better about certain aspects of the testing in regards to pgr. i read about a few things lc-ms and cg-it but i really don't know much about that.

thanks for telling me those prices. its insane the money they are charging for that flower. 

for perspective.... this is the govt store here in ontario. cad and aud are not that different in value. 

https://ocs.ca/collections/dried-flower?product=9100171477300&Brand=Pure Sunfarms&sort_by=products_price_per_uom_asc

even with legal cannabis i still buy from the reserve dispensaries. quality is much better and prices are lower. plus i know my money is going to people who care about the product and industry rather than big corporate entities.

most of the legal cannabis here in canada is low quality. a few companies switched from black market to legal and they are crushing it. the rest are pumping out questionable quality products for huge prices. 

About $5.94 AUD gram in Canada & $13.50 AUD gram in Australia or about x2.27 difference is huge.  Thailand 120 baht gram / 24 THB = $5 AUD gram is comparable to Canada.  

All Pure Sun Farms products sent to Australia are renamed/branded to Kind Medical.  I think they are owned by US listed cannabis company.  

7 hours ago, Steve Mee said:

The Khanom growers products are different.  They look & smell different as well as taste different when smoking. 

I might give your Khanon supplier a try at some point as you have gotten me curious about what their flowers are like. It's about double the price of what I normally pay, and I have no issues with the quality of what I'm getting now, so no reason for me to look to elsewhere, but it would still be interesting to compare. 

You mentioned a number of the strains they offer and posted a bunch of photos. But unfortunately there is no way of knowing which photo is which strain from your posts.

Can you please give us some indication of which of the strains you feel has the strongest THC level and post an isolated photo of that strain so that we can see what it looks like? Also, is there one strain of theirs that you feel has the highest amount of resin and stickiness above the others?

I don't mean to sound THC-centric, as I realize it doesn't account for everything, but I've gotten a lot of weak stuff that doesn't really do it for me. So I'm a bit more THC focused now. 

Edited by HugoFastor

2 hours ago, HugoFastor said:

I might give your Khanon supplier a try at some point as you have gotten me curious about what their flowers are like. It's about double the price of what I normally pay, and I have no issues with the quality of what I'm getting now, so no reason for me to look to elsewhere, but it would still be interesting to compare. 

You mentioned a number of the strains they offer and posted a bunch of photos. But unfortunately there is no way of knowing which photo is which strain from your posts.

Can you please give us some indication of which of the strains you feel has the strongest THC level and post an isolated photo of that strain so that we can see what it looks like? Also, is there one strain of theirs that you feel has the highest amount of resin and stickiness above the others?

I don't mean to sound THC-centric, as I realize it doesn't account for everything, but I've gotten a lot of weak stuff that doesn't really do it for me. So I'm a bit more THC focused now. 

The strongest of the 4 & very smelly is the Orange Cane which is Orange Punch x Slurricane & next strongest is the Froot which is Mythic OG x Candy Cane.  The Candy Pave which is Eye Candy x Pave is third & the 100k which is White Truffles x Red Runtz is the least potent.  They are all 60-70% indica so some couch lock may occur & heavy munchies.  

I smoke bongs & the Orange Cane packs a punch.  I prefer the Froot & Candy Pave strains which are also potent but they don't punch me like the Orange Cane does.  I have also had the Money Maker strain from them which is Master Kush x Hindu Kush x Skunk #1 which was very nice.  

We used to import the old school cup winner strain seeds from Europe & USA to grow indoors hydro in Australia with HPS lights.  Strains such as AK47, Bubblegum, Blueberry, Trainwreck & Pineapple Chunk were some very nice strains we grew in the past.  These strains tend to be crosses of original land race varieties from Afghanistan, Mexico, Colombia & Thailand.  

The new strains now are heavily crossed & I feel they lack the real old school skunky smell & taste.  We used to chop up the strains we grew & mix them together to smoke to see the effect but the original cup winners were much better to smoke.  Yes I could taste a bit of bubblegum & blueberry when mixed together but they were better on their own.  

One of the better skunky strains I have smoked in Thailand was the Super Skunk which is Skunk #1 x original Afghani grown by Yodbaimai about this time last year.  

The Khanom growers don't have kilograms of the products in stock so may run out by the time you are ready to order.  They have more plants growing at present including some new strains such as Banana Cake so should have something when you are ready to order.  Can request photos & video from them when you are ready.  

My friend in Chonburi is lower priced at about 60-70 baht gram, however, he is having some growing issues & the last batch was not as good as the other batches I bought in the past.  

Froot

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Candy Pave

image.jpeg

Orange Cane

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steve Mee said:

The strongest of the 4 & very smelly is the Orange Cane which is Orange Punch x Slurricane & next strongest is the Froot which is Mythic OG x Candy Cane.  The Candy Pave which is Eye Candy x Pave is third & the 100k which is White Truffles x Red Runtz is the least potent.  They are all 60-70% indica so some couch lock may occur & heavy munchies.  

I smoke bongs & the Orange Cane packs a punch.  I prefer the Froot & Candy Pave strains which are also potent but they don't punch me like the Orange Cane does.  I have also had the Money Maker strain from them which is Master Kush x Hindu Kush x Skunk #1 which was very nice.  

We used to import the old school cup winner strain seeds from Europe & USA to grow indoors hydro in Australia with HPS lights.  Strains such as AK47, Bubblegum, Blueberry, Trainwreck & Pineapple Chunk were some very nice strains we grew in the past.  These strains tend to be crosses of original land race varieties from Afghanistan, Mexico, Colombia & Thailand.  

The new strains now are heavily crossed & I feel they lack the real old school skunky smell & taste.  We used to chop up the strains we grew & mix them together to smoke to see the effect but the original cup winners were much better to smoke.  Yes I could taste a bit of bubblegum & blueberry when mixed together but they were better on their own.  

One of the better skunky strains I have smoked in Thailand was the Super Skunk which is Skunk #1 x original Afghani grown by Yodbaimai about this time last year.  

The Khanom growers don't have kilograms of the products in stock so may run out by the time you are ready to order.  They have more plants growing at present including some new strains such as Banana Cake so should have something when you are ready to order.  Can request photos & video from them when you are ready.  

My friend in Chonburi is lower priced at about 60-70 baht gram, however, he is having some growing issues & the last batch was not as good as the other batches I bought in the past.  

Froot

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Candy Pave

image.jpeg

Orange Cane

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The Froot is actually Froot Stripez which is Rainbow Belts x Apples & Bananas.  It is 60% Sativa & not indica dominant as previously mentioned.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve Mee said:

The new strains now are heavily crossed & I feel they lack the real old school skunky smell & taste. 

or any different look. as you show in the pic. all those new strains look the same. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Steve Mee said:

Froot

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Candy Pave

image.jpeg

Orange Cane

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thank you for all that extra info. Very interesting. It sounds like really nice stuff. I decided I'm not going to order any at the moment though. Probably in the future, once I use up some of what I have. Issue is I've still got plenty on hand at the moment to last me a while. But I've passed the info onto a friend who might be more interested at this time. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, HugoFastor said:

None of the various strains of that 20 Baht weed I got struck me as being PGR, as none of the buds looked really compressed and unnaturally formed. In fact, a lot of the buds were very loose, with a fair amount of small sugar leaves, which struck me as being naturally grown, lower quality outdoor weed. Some of it feels a bit too dry though and lacks resin, which I interpret as being a bit of a freshness issue. Also, I interpreted the chemical smell I noticed in all of it as possibly being a form of pesticide or herbicide that was used, but I could be wrong. 

A lot of what my main supplier sells looks like PGR to me, but the buds aren't as compressed as some of the other very round and dense PGR stuff I have seen in the past. They also have quite a bit of stuff that doesn't look like PGR. Although PGR buds look less natural, because of their tightness, all the non-PGR looking stuff I've bought from my supplier seems noticeably weaker on the THC side than the PGR looking stuff. It is supposed to be the other way around, but in my experience it's not. So I normally stick with the PGR looking weed they sell. And usually the non-PGR looking bud they offer is a bit cheaper too. You would expect it to be the opposite, but again it's not. I suspect the non-PGR stuff they sell is a bit cheaper mainly because it seems to have lower THC levels. 

Although PGR bud is also known to have less terpenes, look less frosty, and is known to have lower THC, I find the PGR looking stuff I'm getting doesn't have any of those issues. Terpenes are always very strong, as much as one would expect, and no chemical smell that I can detect. 

Some of the strains I get have less stickiness and resin than other strains do, so it depends on the strain. Some of it has a lot of resin too and really sticks to the grinder. So it depends. But none if it ever feels really overly dry. And in terms of color, smell, taste, and THC content, it's all there. Maybe they have found a good balance between using some PGRs, in order to still get the benefits of a higher yielding plant, but without all the downsides.

Here are some known ways of determining PGR weed, although my experience on the PGR looking stuff I get is mainly the physical appearance is a bit different, with the buds being tighter and denser, but many of the other points below don't seem to apply to what I'm getting:

1. **Overly Dense Buds**: PGRs can cause buds to become unnaturally dense and hard. While density is often desired, excessive density can be a sign of PGR use and can lead to issues like poor airflow within the buds, increasing the risk of mold and mildew.

2. **Altered Color**: Buds treated with PGRs may exhibit unnatural colors, often appearing darker or brownish rather than the vibrant green or purple hues typically seen in healthy cannabis.

3. **Reduced Trichome Production**: Trichomes, the resinous glands that contain cannabinoids and terpenes, may be less abundant on PGR-treated buds. This can result in a less frosty appearance and can also impact the potency and aroma of the cannabis.

4. **Misshapen Buds**: The natural structure of the buds can be distorted, leading to a less visually appealing product. Buds may appear more compact and less fluffy compared to naturally grown cannabis.

5. **Lack of Aroma**: PGRs can affect the terpene profile, reducing the natural scent of the cannabis. This results in buds that have a muted or less pronounced aroma compared to non-PGR-treated cannabis.

6. **Reduced Potency**: Buds treated with PGRs often have lower THC levels compared to those grown without these chemicals. This reduction in THC can diminish the psychoactive effects and overall potency of the cannabis.

7. **Altered Cannabinoid Profile**: The presence of PGRs can interfere with the natural production of cannabinoids, potentially altering the overall cannabinoid profile of the plant. This means other important cannabinoids, not just THC, may also be present in lower concentrations.

8. **Impaired Resin Production**: Since PGRs can reduce trichome production, and trichomes are where THC and other cannabinoids are concentrated, the overall resin production is compromised. This directly affects the THC content and the quality of the cannabis.

Good post, nice one. I didn’t know about Plant Growth Regulators and how they affect the strength of the weed

On 7/28/2024 at 1:20 AM, stoner said:

how did the flower look ? really hard and dense and rounded ? did the flowers look like they were solid - i dont know how to put this. did the flower look more like the one on the left or right. 

with-or-without-PGR-cannabis-buds-differ

Royal Gorilla 20 baht per gram

24894.jpg

On 7/28/2024 at 8:00 AM, Steve Mee said:

After smoking high quality indoor grown for over 30 years

for me I had the good fortune to always have had weed grown in volcanic soil for over 30 years...all the indoor grown ive had all has the taste of not being grown in real dirt...the mixtures they are grown in may be technically perfect but just lack that sweet taste and texture ...so bottom line for me is if I could be contacted by a grower who does 100% outdoor weed in real dirt I would be very grateful 

1 hour ago, wombat said:

for me I had the good fortune to always have had weed grown in volcanic soil for over 30 years...all the indoor grown ive had all has the taste of not being grown in real dirt...the mixtures they are grown in may be technically perfect but just lack that sweet taste and texture ...so bottom line for me is if I could be contacted by a grower who does 100% outdoor weed in real dirt I would be very grateful 

I was a California outdoor grower way back when. We considered Hawaiian grown weed as the best of the best :clap2:

• Love It 1

53 minutes ago, Wuvu2 said:

I was a California outdoor grower way back when. We considered Hawaiian grown weed as the best of the best :clap2:

You'd know exactly what I mean by sweet taste and texture

On 7/28/2024 at 8:00 AM, Steve Mee said:

After smoking high quality indoor grown for over 30 years the low cost products don't do much for me too.  Interesting comment about the chemical smell & I also noticed alot of them smell similar.  The high is also unusual & doesn't last as long.  

The Khanom growers products are different.  They look & smell different as well as taste different when smoking.  No coughing as well. Some of the other products from other suppliers cause alot of coughing.  Siam Seeds & Yodbaimai are good & don't cause coughing but some of the strains from BKKushh are nasty.  

Ordering online is going to be hit-and-miss, but to be fair I have been using Bkkushh for over a year after trying others and always found the product very good for the price, got some for a friend from the UK, and he was very pleased with the smoke, and the guy is a very heavy user.

I like the hash from BKkush B200 g,

i just got some of this from there and its excellent Rainbow Runtz 130B /g he told me without pgr  from the top shelf selection of the shop, would be B600 in pattaya shop. excellent smoke

S__20529200_0.jpg

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, wombat said:
  1 hour ago, Wuvu2 said:

40 minutes ago, wombat said:

You'd know exactly what I mean by sweet taste and texture

I have yet to see any connoisseur grade of outdoor weed in Thailand. I've warmed up to indoor weed and prefer it to the mediocre outdoor weed I'v found but top quality outdoor is my lifelong preference. I'd assume the fall harvest would produce the best. Maybe next year 🙄

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Seppius said:

Ordering online is going to be hit-and-miss, but to be fair I have been using Bkkushh for over a year after trying others and always found the product very good for the price, got some for a friend from the UK, and he was very pleased with the smoke, and the guy is a very heavy user.

i just got some of this from there and its excellent Rainbow Runtz 130B /g he told me without pgr  from the top shelf selection of the shop, would be B600 in pattaya shop. excellent smoke

S__20529200_0.jpg

I wouldn't compare things to the prices in the high-priced tourist shops where they have spent a lot on decoration and are paying the high rents. Those places are for people who don't live in Thailand, don't have easy access to it in their own country, and aren't concerned about the price of a couple of grams of it while they are on a holiday and just looking to have a good time. For the people living in Thailand, and who use it regularly, there are many better and lower cost options though. 

I think the biggest issue is that finding high quality weed in Thailand is no longer a challenge. So, whereas people would have gotten excited when seeing photos of nice looking buds like this a couple of years ago, now it's everywhere. We are all spoiled for choice.

And these prices of 120-130 Baht per gram is last year's pricing, as you can now find that same kind of quality at half that price when buying an ounce or two. If it were 6-8 months ago, then those prices wouldn't have seemed so high. In fact, just last year, most of these sellers would have been running out of stock with such high quality weed when selling it at 120-130 a gram. Now they can no longer get rid of it so easily, even at those seemingly low prices. 

There are just too many high quality, lower priced options now. I feel for some of these sellers trying to make a living and not wanting to cut prices to meet the current market pricing. But it's an issue of supply and demand and it seems like there are too many people trying to get into the business of what was once an easy money-making gig, merely a couple of years ago. Now the market is saturated and it has become an uphill battle for sellers, thus pricing may only continue to get even more competitive as time goes on. 

Edited by HugoFastor

57 minutes ago, Seppius said:

S__20529200_0.jpg

Nice looking bud.  I have bought quite a bit from BKKush & for the price it is very good.  

One of the most potent from them was the Godfather OG earlier this year.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ebumbu said:

By December, you are going to see some serious fire sales! 

The government is reconsidering their stance on  making it illegal again,to  just more controls, too much money involved in it now

Edited by Seppius
it read wrong
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Wuvu2 said:

I have yet to see any connoisseur grade of outdoor weed in Thailand. I've warmed up to indoor weed and prefer it to the mediocre outdoor weed I'v found but top quality outdoor is my lifelong preference. I'd assume the fall harvest would produce the best. Maybe next year 🙄

If/when you score please keep me in mind.

I also managed to connect with Khanom growers..

i ordered 10gm of Orange Cane. Sent by Flash. Arrived in 2 days. He usually uses the Post Office but no phone call before delivery like Flash.

I've smoked 3 joints so far..  VERY sticky. Good sticky, not wet. Burns well. GOOD buzz.. I'm not sure how I feel about the taste and smell.. Hard to describe but it's the strain. No reflection on the grower. I will buy more of it.. Also perhaps one of the other strains he has..

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, bobbin said:

I also managed to connect with Khanom growers..

i ordered 10gm of Orange Cane. Sent by Flash. Arrived in 2 days. He usually uses the Post Office but no phone call before delivery like Flash.

I've smoked 3 joints so far..  VERY sticky. Good sticky, not wet. Burns well. GOOD buzz.. I'm not sure how I feel about the taste and smell.. Hard to describe but it's the strain. No reflection on the grower. I will buy more of it.. Also perhaps one of the other strains he has..

Greenhouse grown yes?