Cheapest good weed now ? I found 350 thb/gram but not cheaper yet, any idea ?

On 4/9/2024 at 1:57 PM, PrikPot said:

Nearly 25 Baht a gram for brick weed is no bargain. You can get B grade buds for 30 Baht a gram. 

In fact, anything around 250-300 Baht a gram is too expensive. So high much quality supply around now in the sub 150 Baht per gram price range.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Dioj said:

Nearly 25 Baht a gram for brick weed is no bargain. You can get B grade buds for 30 Baht a gram. 

In fact, anything around 250-300 Baht a gram is too expensive. So high much quality supply around now in the sub 150 Baht per gram price range.

I think the price differences come from if you're buying straight from a farm or a seller. You can get kgs of quality indoor starting at 25k but if you buy from a dispo or online seller they will mark it up considerably in some cases

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I figured after the first 3 scam orders, that they were all likely scams.

no photos no paperwork..a baseless claim

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Hellboy75 said:

I think the price differences come from if you're buying straight from a farm or a seller. You can get kgs of quality indoor starting at 25k but if you buy from a dispo or online seller they will mark it up considerably in some cases

Plenty of sellers in Thailand now offering 25-30 Baht a gram for B-Grade buds via the LINE App. I don't know if they are direct sellers, farms, etc, but not really important. 

Also, some physical shops in Thailand now sell A-Grade quality buds with high THC at under 100 Baht a gram when ordering 100 Grams or more. Shops like these normally sell to both walk in customers and will also ship via post if requested. 

Most LINE sellers have chat groups too so that you can see lots of photos from their other buyers and read discussions on quality. 

Prices continue to come down. 200-300 Baht is a thing of the past. Any online sellers selling at prices that high are no longer competitive. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Dioj said:

Plenty of sellers in Thailand now offering 25-30 Baht a gram for B-Grade buds via the LINE App. I don't know if they are direct sellers, farms, etc, but not really important. 

Also, some physical shops in Thailand now sell A-Grade quality buds with high THC at under 100 Baht a gram when ordering 100 Grams or more. Shops like these normally sell to both walk in customers and will also ship via post if requested. 

Most LINE sellers have chat groups too so that you can see lots of photos from their other buyers and read discussions on quality. 

Prices continue to come down. 200-300 Baht is a thing of the past. Any online sellers selling at prices that high are no longer competitive. 

I completely agree. Like I said in some cases they're still trying to mark it up heavily, some fools must be buying it off them

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Hellboy75 said:

after paying for electricity , nutrients, time spent growing it , then time spent trimming it , they'll be losing money at 25baht a gram 

just my opinion , @stoner might be able to clarify 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, benHH said:

after paying for electricity , nutrients, time spent growing it , then time spent trimming it , they'll be losing money at 25baht a gram 

This is from farms in a line group where everyone is easy to verify 25k up to 80k indoor, quality greenhouse 6,800 up to 28,000. Limited numbers on certain prices & strains

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Steve Mee said:

Ethos Apex R1 from Yodbaimai @ 100 baht gram.  Big solid buds top shelf.  

https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-strains/hybrid/ethos-apex

image.thumb.jpeg.a4631266c9482a20ea738859e282e7c3.jpeg

Cookies and Cream from Yodbaimai @ 100 baht gram.  Solid buds top shelf.   https://www.yodbaimai.com/

https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-strains/hybrid/cookies-and-cream

image.thumb.jpeg.5c4093d3e3aeb438294c19a5deef7c80.jpeg

Future #1 from Bangkok Kush for 100 baht gram.  Solid buds top shelf.  Delicious smell.  

https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-strains/hybrid/future

image.thumb.jpeg.f71cb94585b95de33b1770ac270cc70b.jpeg

Do Si Dos from Bangkok Kush for 100 baht gram.  Solid buds top shelf.  Great taste.  https://bkkushhh.com/shop/

https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-strains/indica-dominant-hybrid/do-si-dos

image.thumb.jpeg.b33680719d7e2a3b02ab04f0b0b9bb9a.jpeg

Bangkok Kush has a large variety of mid grade, top shelf & exotic starting at 20 baht gram.  I have also had Grandfather OG (very potent sedating), Citradelic Sunset (uplifting energizing) & Blueberry from here for 100 baht gram & all were excellent.  The popcorn buds are really good size.  

https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-strains/indica-dominant-hybrid/godfather-og

https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-strains/hybrid/citradelic-sunset

Also had Back to The Future @ 150 baht gram, Soul Mate @ 130 baht gram & Fullgas @ 200 baht gram from Siam Seeds.  All were top shelf & they always throw in an extra 10% for free.  No photos as it's all gone. 

https://siamseeds.com/product-category/flowers/

Now for the best of the best I have a Thai friend with a personal boutique grow operation in Chonburi.  Prices start at 100 baht for 1 gram, 800 baht for 10 grams, 2,000 baht for 30 grams, 3,000 baht for 50 grams & lower for larger quantities.  They are top shelf solid buds full of trichomes that fluff up a lot when you chop them.  

Slurricane delicious potent strain.

https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-strains/indica-dominant-hybrid/slurricane

image.thumb.jpeg.a031dba280ee1959d28ba029b0465d22.jpeg

Ice Cream Sundae also delicious potent strain.

https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-strains/indica-dominant-hybrid/ice-cream-sundae

image.thumb.jpeg.9bd639222e5a86fb28e71f7f5020da4f.jpeg

Strains are limited to 4-5 at any one time as it is a boutique personal grow operation.  

The photos of Ethos Apex R1, Cookies and Cream, Future #1 and Do Si Dos all look like B-Grade stuff. I've seen lots of that around in the market in the 30-50 Baht per gram range. 

The photos of Slurricane and Ice Cream Sundae look like top quality A-Grade stuff though. Potent THC levels too I assume. At 100 Baht a gram though there is also lots of A-Grade stuff around in that price range. But if they sell 50 grams for 3,000 Baht or 100 grams for 5,000 Baht of that quality of weed then that's good value. 

• Haha 2

On 4/18/2024 at 7:54 AM, benHH said:

depending on the grow and weights the grower can pull 25b a gram would be break even cost for many growers in thailand. for indoor grows. outdoor much different. you could get away with a couple b a gram cost. again depends on grower talent etc. 

2 hours ago, stoner said:

depending on the grow and weights the grower can pull 25b a gram would be break even cost for many growers in thailand. for indoor grows. outdoor much different. you could get away with a couple b a gram cost. again depends on grower talent etc. 

wouldn't you suspect that local growers, with large operations and resources, access to lower cost of supplies and materials, possibly even lower cost of labor, etc. can get their cost basis even lower? 

Has anyone tried the Blue Mystic? It's got a pretty good kick. I've tried a number of these 30 Baht strains and that's the first one that put a solid lock in place for me. Their photo doesn't really do it justice. It's got a nice rich green color though and some good orange streaks in the buds. 

IMG_4325.jpeg.0635d16bb297b00cbc236bdf0c6e5d35.jpeg

Also, Shogun has a lot of nice sticky resin and some big buds. Royal Gorilla and Green Gelato are less impressive. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/18/2024 at 5:04 PM, Hellboy75 said:

I completely agree. Like I said in some cases they're still trying to mark it up heavily, some fools must be buying it off them

I don't smoke it as of 3 months ago because my lungs couldn't handle it (vaping didn't help).  Switched to potent brickweed and cook it in the oven for 30 minutes.  Every night .1 gram with a spoon full of peanut butter.  Get too high most nights and need to cut the dose 🙂  

My question - does weed quality matter much if you plan on de-carbing it?  Also, why do people infuse it in oil or whatever when you can just throw it anything with fat?  My fridge is full of items that I can mix it with and in a bind, vegetable oil works.  easy to control the dose also.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, atpeace said:

I don't smoke it as of 3 months ago because my lungs couldn't handle it (vaping didn't help).  Switched to potent brickweed and cook it in the oven for 30 minutes.  Every night .1 gram with a spoon full of peanut butter.  Get too high most nights and need to cut the dose 🙂  

My question - does weed quality matter much if you plan on de-carbing it?  Also, why do people infuse it in oil or whatever when you can just throw it anything with fat?  My fridge is full of items that I can mix it with and in a bind, vegetable oil works.  easy to control the dose also.

Hard to imagine anyone could get so high from .1 gram of brick or any type of weed. Seems virtually impossible. Sounds like some sort of placebo effect. 

Anyway, weed quality for making any edible only matters to the extent of how much THC it possesses.

Most people don't want to actually eat the weed though because it needs to be digested first to feel the effect, which could take at least a couple of hours, and then it remains in the intestines for many more hours, so people normally infuse it into butter or oil which has quicker absorption in and then back out of the blood stream. 

The best thing is to infuse it into MCT oil which has no smell or flavor and doesn't solidify when stored in the fridge. You can also flavor it with a bit of natural cinnamon or vanilla if you like. 

If you infuse it into vegetable oil it could go rancid after a while if kept outside the fridge and stored in the fridge it can harden a bit, making it more difficult to consume. 

But once you infuse it into MCT oil then you can store it in the fridge for many months. Also, very easy to control the dose that way. Start with a drop or two under your tongue and work your way up.

I recently infused about 40 grams of a combination of 6 different strains of some inexpensive weed into about 200ml (6 ounces) of oil. It came out pretty potent. About 5 drops (.25ml) will give you a pretty strong high for about 3.5 hours. However, some people might require a smaller dose. 

I then put into small 10ml dark glass dropper bottles after infusing it and then store it in the fridge. Very easy to administer this way using the glass dropper and MCT oil remains liquid in the fridge and doesn't harden so you don't need to bring it back to room temperature first to use it. 

It takes about 60-90 minutes after ingestion to reach full effect. I've been tempted to try using 10 drops of it (.5ml), but it would likely be too strong of a dose. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dioj said:

Hard to imagine anyone could get so high from .1 gram of brick or any type of weed. Seems virtually impossible. Sounds like some sort of placebo effect. 

Anyway, weed quality for making any edible only matters to the extent of how much THC it possesses.

Most people don't want to actually eat the weed though because it needs to be digested first to feel the effect, which could take at least a couple of hours, and then it remains in the intestines for many more hours, so people normally infuse it into butter or oil which has quicker absorption in and then back out of the blood stream. 

The best thing is to infuse it into MCT oil which has no smell or flavor and doesn't solidify when stored in the fridge. You can also flavor it with a bit of natural cinnamon or vanilla if you like. 

If you infuse it into vegetable oil it could go rancid after a while if kept outside the fridge and stored in the fridge it can harden a bit, making it more difficult to consume. 

But once you infuse it into MCT oil then you can store it in the fridge for many months. Also, very easy to control the dose that way. Start with a drop or two under your tongue and work your way up.

I recently infused about 40 grams of a combination of 6 different strains of some inexpensive weed into about 200ml (6 ounces) of oil. It came out pretty potent. About 5 drops (.25ml) will give you a pretty strong high for about 3.5 hours. However, some people might require a smaller dose. 

I then put into small 10ml dark glass dropper bottles after infusing it and then store it in the fridge. Very easy to administer this way using the glass dropper and MCT oil remains liquid in the fridge and doesn't harden so you don't need to bring it back to room temperature first to use it. 

It takes about 60-90 minutes after ingestion to reach full effect. I've been tempted to try using 10 drops of it (.5ml), but it would likely be too strong of a dose. 

It do get very high off .1 gram edible(25% THC ). It hits me "MUCH" harder than if I had smoked a gram.  Smoking rarely gets me really stoned.  I assume many are like me but not sure.  My friend ( not a weed user) also had less than .1 gram and he told me he was a mess.  

As for infused oils speeding up the digestion vs peanut butter (high fat content), I didn't know there was much of difference.  Sure you're right but I think most enjoy the process which I get.  The simplicity of peanut better and a pinch of weed is my preference.

Edited by atpeace

On 4/23/2024 at 10:22 AM, Dioj said:

wouldn't you suspect that local growers, with large operations and resources, access to lower cost of supplies and materials, possibly even lower cost of labor, etc. can get their cost basis even lower? 

i imagine so. but the quality would drop quite a bit too. 

6 hours ago, Dioj said:

eating raw flower won't do anything except maybe make you feel sick. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, atpeace said:

It do get very high off .1 gram edible(25% THC ). It hits me "MUCH" harder than if I had smoked a gram.  Smoking rarely gets me really stoned.  I assume many are like me but not sure.  My friend ( not a weed user) also had less than .1 gram and he told me he was a mess.  

As for infused oils speeding up the digestion vs peanut butter (high fat content), I didn't know there was much of difference.  Sure you're right but I think most enjoy the process which I get.  The simplicity of peanut better and a pinch of weed is my preference.

Any form of eating weed will stay in your system for longer and keep you high for longer than any form of THC infused from cannabis into a liquid form. 

A friend once ate a big piece of hash in India and he said he was high for 3 days. But if you want to reduce the duration of the high then infusing it into oil or butter first would be much better. 

By infusing it into oil I know approximately how long I will be high for and I prefer that. I can always take a few more drops a few hours later if I want to keep the high going. Much better than the weed itself sitting in my intestines for many hours. 

The main reason people infuse weed into butter instead of oil is if they want to spread it onto bread or use the THC to create an edible like a brownie or cookie since butter is one of the typical cooking ingredients anyway. But if you are wanting to just consume the THC without making a food item from it then an oil with no taste or smell like MCT oil (which also doesn't solidify in the fridge) makes the most sense. 

If you are going to eat the weed though then I don't think there is any purpose to mix it into peanut butter, or any other food item for that matter. The only reason to put it into a fatty substance like oil or butter (or even infuse it into alcohol as a tincture) is as a means of transferring the THC out of the weed and suspending it in another form/substance via the process of infusion, which then requires slow heating of the two substances together. 

If you are still going to ingest the weed itself after you decarb it then you might as well just swallow the weed on its own since there is no added THC benefit by physically combining it with peanut butter before swallowing it. But if it makes you happy then go ahead and keep doing that anyway. All I'm saying is that it changes nothing about the high by adding it to peanut butter on a spoon without infusing it as opposed to just eating the weed directly. 

Edited by Dioj

58 minutes ago, stoner said:

Agreed. But we were discussing eating decarbed (cooked flower) and not eating it raw. But, as per my post above, I still think infusing it into an oil or alcohol first makes better sense than eating plain decarbed weed mixed into peanut butter. 

Just now, Dioj said:

Agreed. But we were discussing eating decarbed (cooked flower) and not eating it raw. But, as per my post above, I still think infusing it into an oil or alcohol first makes better sense than eating plain decarbed weed mixed into peanut butter. 

o woah. missed that. i could never eat cooked flower. mct is the best as you said. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Dioj said:

Any form of eating weed will stay in your system for longer and keep you high for longer than any form of THC infused from cannabis into a liquid form. 

A friend once ate a big piece of hash in India and he said he was high for 3 days. But if you want to reduce the duration of the high then infusing it into oil or butter first would be much better. 

By infusing it into oil I know approximately how long I will be high for and I prefer that. I can always take a few more drops a few hours later if I want to keep the high going. Much better than the weed itself sitting in my intestines for many hours. 

The main reason people infuse weed into butter instead of oil is if they want to spread it onto bread or use the THC to create an edible like a brownie or cookie since butter is one of the typical cooking ingredients anyway. But if you are wanting to just consume the THC without making a food item from it then an oil with no taste or smell like MCT oil (which also doesn't solidify in the fridge) makes the most sense. 

If you are going to eat the weed though then I don't think there is any purpose to mix it into peanut butter, or any other food item for that matter. The only reason to put it into a fatty substance like oil or butter (or even infuse it into alcohol as a tincture) is as a means of transferring the THC out of the weed and suspending it in another form/substance via the process of infusion, which then requires slow heating of the two substances together. 

If you are still going to ingest the weed itself after you decarb it then you might as well just swallow the weed on its own since there is no added THC benefit by physically combining it with peanut butter before swallowing it. But if it makes you happy then go ahead and keep doing that anyway. All I'm saying is that it changes nothing about the high by adding it to peanut butter on a spoon without infusing it as opposed to just eating the weed directly. 

Interesting and I will do some more digging.  Thanks for taking the time to explain.  Weird, I have been told by many people and web sites that mixing decarbed weed with a fatty food improves the high substantially.  If I could just take a pinch and swallow that would simplify the process and I like simplicity.  Off to do some research. Cheers

12 hours ago, stoner said:

And I never suggested eating raw weed.  But if I did, it would have mild affects compared to decarbed weed.  You ever eat a large dose of raw weed?  I haven't but curious...

11 hours ago, stoner said:

o woah. missed that. i could never eat cooked flower. mct is the best as you said. 

I hear that often but why is it difficult to eat decarbed weed?  Maybe I'm just a brute 🙂

1 minute ago, atpeace said:

I hear that often but why is it difficult to eat decarbed weed?  Maybe I'm just a brute 🙂

personally i rarely eat any form of cannabis. when i first started making cookies in a galaxy far far away i was using the weed into butter method. really turned me off because of the intense flavor of the weed. 

started using concentrates and it is so much better but i still don't like the buzz. mostly i frequent infused joints. :)

5 minutes ago, stoner said:

personally i rarely eat any form of cannabis. when i first started making cookies in a galaxy far far away i was using the weed into butter method. really turned me off because of the intense flavor of the weed. 

started using concentrates and it is so much better but i still don't like the buzz. mostly i frequent infused joints. 🙂

I have forgiving taste buds that aren't too nuanced. In  teaspoon of peanut butter, I can't taste the weed at all and rarely even notice the texture.   I have to look into concentrates.  As for the buzz I get from edibles, it is much more powerful than smoking and I take a small dose.  Below is a more than I usually take and weighs about .1 gram ~25 THC.  I could smoke a gram of the same stuff and not be close to as high as eating it.  I'm am a newbie of sorts and find this interesting and sorry if I'm boring everyone.

20240501_093800.jpg

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

I hope soon we can start the cheapest good mushrooms thread...

Tops supermarket has at least 30 different kinds of mushrooms for sale online. These are the cheapest I've found and they look really good:

IMG_4404.thumb.jpeg.45b67ffcaab0aec0ecfd741f4b3a678a.jpeg

3 hours ago, stoner said:

started using concentrates and it is so much better but i still don't like the buzz. mostly i frequent infused joints. 🙂

You could try adding a few drops of pure vanilla extract to about 5ml of cannabis oil. It really changes the flavor profile. It almost makes it taste like an aperitif and it loses the strong cannabis flavor.