Cheapest good weed now ? I found 350 thb/gram but not cheaper yet, any idea ?

4 minutes ago, wombat said:

I concur 

fff cool cat.png

I actually meant Mother Gorilla and not Royal Gorilla. They seem to have 2 different strains with similar names so I got confused. Maybe very similar in type too though. Have you tried both?

Edited by ABCDBKK

5 hours ago, Trippy said:

Is that Fat Freddy's cat? Haven't thought about the Freak brothers in many years, 555

There's a recent animated freak brothers series with Woody harelson(sp?) as one of the voices and also producer I think. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, gargamon said:

There's a recent animated freak brothers series with Woody harelson(sp?) as one of the voices and also producer I think. 

Yes...2 seasons available .

I was curious about that Mother Gorilla strain I tried and so I started digging a bit more into it. The seller states it has 23% THC. It also states it was grown with Royal Queen Seeds. 

IMG_4218.jpeg.e528ae2b3667cfc8b20b258ca48c32ba.jpeg

So I went onto the Royal Queen Seeds website and they say it can have THC up to 30%.

Then I looked up the strain on Leafy.com and they are saying it's an 18% THC strain, which I take to be a better and unbiased source of info on strains. 

Based on my own experience trying it though, if I had to guess, I would say it's probably somewhere between 10%-20%. Let's call it 15%. 

I wonder though if the THC level a grower ends up with has a lot to do with their own skills as a grower. Meaning, I wonder if one grower might get 30% and another grower only 15% out of the same exact seeds?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ABCDBKK said:

I wonder though if the THC level a grower ends up with has a lot to do with their own skills as a grower. Meaning, I wonder if one grower might get 30% and another grower only 15% out of the same exact seeds

You can count on that, but more importantly, temperature, light levels, humidity and nutrition are all important factors as well. No two plants of the same strain will test the same nor will any two parts of the same plant test the same. There is a wide range of cannabinoid, terpene and flavonoid percentage from cola to popcorn buds (top to bottom).

Way too much credence is put into THC percentage, especially in a market that has no mandatory testing (like ALL legal markets do). Here, it’s always buyer beware. I would be more concerned about drying and curing practices and, all the while, hope there are no mycotoxins, mold, or insecticides in the flower you buy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, SamuiGrower said:

You can count on that, but more importantly, temperature, light levels, humidity and nutrition are all important factors as well. No two plants of the same strain will test the same nor will any two parts of the same plant test the same. There is a wide range of cannabinoid, terpene and flavonoid percentage from cola to popcorn buds (top to bottom).

Way too much credence is put into THC percentage, especially in a market that has no mandatory testing (like ALL legal markets do). Here, it’s always buyer beware. I would be more concerned about drying and curing practices and, all the while, hope there are no mycotoxins, mold, or insecticides in the flower you buy.

That's interesting. So the smaller popcorn buds from the same plant will always have lower THC levels, or not necessarily? 

Right, I don't take the THC numbers given as being correct. Hopefully they are somewhat within range. And if you try a bit of it before buying a decent quantity, then you will know pretty quickly if it's high THC or low THC bud. 

I haven't heard of anyone ever getting harmed by a mycotoxins from weed and mold or insecticides I don't worry much about. The air we breathe is filled with toxins, bacteria, and viruses. Mold too I assume. So is the food we eat. Especially in an hot humid country in the tropics. Anyway, I only vape, so I worry less about contaminants than if I were breathing in actual combusted particles from smoking and burning the weed. 

Back to my original question though, it sounds like just starting with good quality seeds doesn't guarantee you a plant with high THC output. So if a seller claims to be using a certain strain of seed, which is known to have a high THC yield, but they are selling the weed for cheap, then I think one might assume they have tested it and know that it's lower in THC than what is usually expected from that strain. If they also get some higher yielding THC plants from the same group of seeds then they will likely price those particular buds higher.

So between price and sampling, it should give you a pretty good idea of what the THC content is like and one can just continue to ignore the numbers. 

That's interesting. So the smaller popcorn buds from the same plant will always have lower THC levels, or not necessarily? 

That is correct, the THC percentage as well as other cannabinoids will be lower.

I haven't heard of anyone ever getting harmed by a mycotoxins from weed and mold or insecticides I don't worry much about. The air we breathe is filled with toxins, bacteria, and viruses. Mold too I assume. So is the food we eat. Especially in an hot humid country in the tropics. Anyway, I only vape, so I worry less about contaminants than if I were breathing in actual combusted particles from smoking and burning the weed. 

Just mentioning facts. There is a reason why all ‘batch harvests’ in the USA and Canada are tested for myco, molds and pesticides before selling to the consumer base. Not hearing about something does not give any of us plausible deniability. Just don’t say you have never been told. Respiratory issues due to inhaling myco/mold through combustion or vaping weed is quite documented, just not in markets with no obligation to testing.

Back to my original question though, it sounds like just starting with good quality seeds doesn't guarantee you a plant with high THC output.

That is also correct. To make matters worse, the seeds you are buying, if not bred out to have consistent traits of the crosses (male/female traits of the parent line), will have wild phenotype expression - traits of both lineages expressed in the seeds. In other words, plant 6 seeds and get 4 (or more ) completely different plants. This is usually of no concern to the hobby grower but is of little benefit to a commercial grower at any scale.

Cannabis is commoditized in a free market based on THC content. This is somewhat unfortunate as most of us here know weed is much, much more than just THC percentages. “Hunting” for the best weed at the best price, as per this thread, is usually a “one off”, never to be found again, trial and error game. This thread is quite popular and I have found it humorous and entertaining. It is however, NOT enlightening by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by SamuiGrower
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SamuiGrower said:

That is correct, the THC percentage as well as other cannabinoids will be lower.

Just mentioning facts. There is a reason why all ‘batch harvests’ in the USA and Canada are tested for myco, molds and pesticides before selling to the consumer base. Not hearing about something does not give any of us plausible deniability. Just don’t say you have never been told. Respiratory issues due to inhaling myco/mold through combustion or vaping weed is quite documented, just not in markets with no obligation to testing.

That is also correct. To make matters worse, the seeds you are buying, if not bred out to have consistent traits of the crosses (male/female traits of the parent line), will have wild phenotype expression - traits of both lineages expressed in the seeds. In other words, plant 6 seeds and get 4 (or more ) completely different plants. This is usually of no concern to the hobby grower but is of little benefit to a commercial grower at any scale.

Cannabis is commoditized in a free market based on THC content. This is somewhat unfortunate as most of us here know weed is much, much more than just THC percentages. “Hunting” for the best weed at the best price, as per this thread, is usually a “one off”, never to be found again, trial and error game. This thread is quite popular and I have found it humorous and entertaining. It is however, NOT enlightening by any stretch of the imagination.

Thank you for the additional info on seeds and popcorn buds.

Have you ever heard of anyone having respiratory issues with myco/mold from consuming cannabis in Thailand? 

With regards to people just hunting for high THC percentages, I realize that not everyone is looking for the same thing. If you are a grower and/or connoisseur, or somebody who is really into the whole weed thing (like say somebody who likes to sip brandy and is not trying to get buzzed) then you may not be so concerned about THC. In those instances you might be more interested in the subtle nuances of the different strains, their terps, texture, color, smell, etc, more so than the THC content.

But for somebody like me, the higher the THC the better. It's a practical matter. Smoking and the heat of vaping both irritate my throat a bit. Vaping is far less bother to my throat than smoking. But, still, the less I have to vape then the better. If the THC content is higher, then that means I have to consume less to feel the high for a few hours. To me I see that as a positive. The other thing is that the vaping part of it is about a two minute portion of the whole experience, and, to me, what is to come afterwards is the longer and more important part. If the weed doesn't smell great, taste great, etc., but I only have to consume it for a minute or two, and then for the next three hours I feel great, then I don't really care too much about the subtle nuances while vaping. Sure, if it gets you really high and it looks great, tastes great, smells great, and all that too then no complaints. But if it's just high in THC then I would go for that hands down. To each his own of course, but that's my own approach. 

In this thread, a lot of people are just chasing cheap weed with a strong kick because they're trying to get the most bang for the buck. I understand that. But in my case, it's about consumption issues rather than cost so much when looking for high THC. That's why I will probably stick mainly with the higher priced weed I usually use. 

3 hours ago, SamuiGrower said:

In other words, plant 6 seeds and get 4 (or more ) completely different plants. This is usually of no concern to the hobby grower but is of little benefit to a commercial grower at any scale.

this is the key to everything. if you don't have a grower that can identify good phenos then its just a crap shoot. lots of *master* growers out there with no clue how to pheno hunt. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ABCDBKK said:

I was curious about that Mother Gorilla strain I tried and so I started digging a bit more into it. The seller states it has 23% THC. It also states it was grown with Royal Queen Seeds. 

IMG_4218.jpeg.e528ae2b3667cfc8b20b258ca48c32ba.jpeg

So I went onto the Royal Queen Seeds website and they say it can have THC up to 30%.

Then I looked up the strain on Leafy.com and they are saying it's an 18% THC strain, which I take to be a better and unbiased source of info on strains. 

Based on my own experience trying it though, if I had to guess, I would say it's probably somewhere between 10%-20%. Let's call it 15%. 

I wonder though if the THC level a grower ends up with has a lot to do with their own skills as a grower. Meaning, I wonder if one grower might get 30% and another grower only 15% out of the same exact seeds?

... yes, absolutely, experience matters as it will positively affect other factors pointed out by others ...

Been growing my own stuff here on & off for 20yrs plus and you would be surprised how good local stuff can be even if grown from seeds outta some rather unimpressive brickweed IF taken care properly (*) both while been grown as well as cured. (**)

Personally I prefer what's left of the local landraces & grown under da sun, maybe an early own cross - as far as 'bouquet' goes, not necessarily strenght of course.

(*) now, the 'take care properly' part covers a wide area here, just for example there where seasons with way smaller but also much better potted outdoor plants compared to the ones grown directly in the ground just because I was able to get them under a roof during heavy repeated thunderstorms/rain avoiding damage and mold, possibly using a fan when chicas were in advanced bloom already ... etc. ...

(**) ... the curing part seems to be absent entirely here most of the time IMHO ...

• Agree 1

I got 3 more strains from my friend to try. Sherbet Queen, Fat Banana and Cookies Gelato. So far I have only tried the Sherbet Queen and Fat Banana. Really strong terps once I broke up a bud on both, but the weed was really quite dry and no resin to the touch on either one. All their weed seems quite fresh, so not sure why some of their stuff has over dryness issues. Maybe it is their drying and/or curing methods that is causing such dryness.

I vaped half a gram within a short period of time on the Sherbet Queen. I got a pleasant and light buzz, but I couldn't get a really solid lock in place, thus I gave up. Maybe if I vaped more it would have had a stronger effect, but I can normally get zooted on a quarter gram (or less) of anything from my usual source, so I shouldn't need to use more than half a gram to get a strong buzz from anything.

I read on allbud.com and leafly.com that this Sherbet Queen strain often has 22%-24% THC, but I think if this stuff was really at least 20% THC that I should have been feeling it more. So I assume the THC on this one is quite low. 

The Fat Banana was definitely stronger than the Sherbet Queen and I only vaped a quarter gram of that one before I was feeling it pretty well. But I had already vaped some of my regular supply earlier in the evening, so I was still a bit buzzed from that, and the buzz from Fat Banana itself gave me an instant headache for some reason. I may try Fat Banana again another day on its own to see if the feeling is the same or different than the first time, but I'm not that keen on the the skunky smell of the Fat Banana or the headache it gave me. 

I don't want to sound negative or critical about this weed source (because I know many people really like these 30 Baht strains they are offering which are well priced and apparently are all grown with seeds from Royal Queen Seeds), but, so far, 2 out of the 4 I tried didn't nail me to the couch and I'm no longer that keen to continue the experiment.

Maybe, eventually, I'll try the Cookies Gelato I got from my friend, but it's back to my reliable main supply for now. I also don't consider myself someone with a high tolerance, although it might have increased a bit more recently. But if you aren't pretty well baked after consuming half a gram of something (within half an hour) then more likely it's the gear that's the issue and it's not really a high tolerance problem. 

Edited by ABCDBKK
  • Thanks 1

We thought it would be worth mentioning that we currently have some really attractive deals available. Here are a few examples:

Everything else on our website comes with a 20% OFF at checkout (when you spend more than 900 baht).

Examples: 

Note that the 20% discount will be applied at checkout when total above 900 baht

This and much more. If you order before 1pm on April 10, we should be able to get it to Bangkok and Northern Thailand by April 11th. 

All orders come with:

• Free delivery all over Thailand
  • Our satisfaction guarantee
  • Discreet packaging

Check out all offers at PrikPot.com

image.jpeg.82ff8be9e9c221bdb7aa10bf2204d200.jpeg

Edited by PrikPot
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Has anyone tried this KD stuff? I got some and feel like the cannabis has a strong chemical smell. Given the cheap price of 10B I guess they are growing it outdoors. I wonder if it's been sprayed with pesticides? After trying it I didn't feel much except a light headache. 

• Haha 2

On 4/7/2024 at 5:32 PM, ABCDBKK said:

I got 3 more strains from my friend to try. Sherbet Queen, Fat Banana and Cookies Gelato. So far I have only tried the Sherbet Queen and Fat Banana. Really strong terps once I broke up a bud on both, but the weed was really quite dry and no resin to the touch on either one. All their weed seems quite fresh, so not sure why some of their stuff has over dryness issues. Maybe it is their drying and/or curing methods that is causing such dryness.

I vaped half a gram within a short period of time on the Sherbet Queen. I got a pleasant and light buzz, but I couldn't get a really solid lock in place, thus I gave up. Maybe if I vaped more it would have had a stronger effect, but I can normally get zooted on a quarter gram (or less) of anything from my usual source, so I shouldn't need to use more than half a gram to get a strong buzz from anything.

I read on allbud.com and leafly.com that this Sherbet Queen strain often has 22%-24% THC, but I think if this stuff was really at least 20% THC that I should have been feeling it more. So I assume the THC on this one is quite low. 

The Fat Banana was definitely stronger than the Sherbet Queen and I only vaped a quarter gram of that one before I was feeling it pretty well. But I had already vaped some of my regular supply earlier in the evening, so I was still a bit buzzed from that, and the buzz from Fat Banana itself gave me an instant headache for some reason. I may try Fat Banana again another day on its own to see if the feeling is the same or different than the first time, but I'm not that keen on the the skunky smell of the Fat Banana or the headache it gave me. 

I don't want to sound negative or critical about this weed source (because I know many people really like these 30 Baht strains they are offering which are well priced and apparently are all grown with seeds from Royal Queen Seeds), but, so far, 2 out of the 4 I tried didn't nail me to the couch and I'm no longer that keen to continue the experiment.

Maybe, eventually, I'll try the Cookies Gelato I got from my friend, but it's back to my reliable main supply for now. I also don't consider myself someone with a high tolerance, although it might have increased a bit more recently. But if you aren't pretty well baked after consuming half a gram of something (within half an hour) then more likely it's the gear that's the issue and it's not really a high tolerance problem. 

ive tried pretty much all that mob have to offer and I keep coming back to Royal Gorilla as the one that ticks all my boxes

5 hours ago, wombat said:

ive tried pretty much all that mob have to offer and I keep coming back to Royal Gorilla as the one that ticks all my boxes

You tried Blue Mystic, O.G. Kush, Royal Cookies, Green Gelato?

21 minutes ago, wombat said:

1baht per gram

Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 8.55.45 AM.png

Another fake Facebook sponsored ad, please stop posting these adverts unless you have purchased from them and received a legit product.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if anyone has mentioned them already, but I've been buying from Stoned Kitty Bud Shop for quite a while now.  He has really nice organic greenhouse (also some indoor mixed in for same price) for 50 baht per gram if over 28g or 60 per gram for smaller orders. 

Takes 48 hrs to Chiang Mai from where they are located outside Khon Kaen.  

They have a bunch of strains, plenty of heavy hitters.  Planet of the Grapes, when in stock, is a must for nerve pain.  I also like Deep Fried Oreoz,  hits me similar to a strong Blueberry, if any of you know what I mean.  

Edited by YaiJung

On 4/14/2024 at 9:33 AM, BritManToo said:

Another fake Facebook sponsored ad, please stop posting these adverts unless you have purchased from them and received a legit product.

you've tried to purchase from them yourself and found them fraudulent?

On 4/15/2024 at 2:52 PM, BritManToo said:

Every sponsored ad on Thai Facebook is fraudulent!

so you haven't tried to buy from them... you're assuming?