30 years in total- I think my time is up

11 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Where hasn't it......

Much less of a baseline cost here......

In the states it cost me almost $100 per month just to keep the pilot lights lit - years ago....$200+ a month for cable/internet (Comcast)....

We spend pennies to dollars here - and are lucky to do so.....

We had been spending months in the US RVing before Covid every year = and every year it was a new case of sticker shock.....

We're going back once the flights/C19/travel difficulties stabilize.....I have a feeling the sticker shock is going to be horrific.....

We live in privilege here - and - we are privileged to live here....

Don't let the noise/static/petty annoyances get to you.....

We are spoiled for good life choices here.....

That greener grass on the other side of the fence = isn't.....

Maybe you forgot the original comment? Wasn't mine

I started giving my Thai partner 20K baht a month 13 years ago to pay for food, water and electric. I still give her 20K baht a month and if anything we eat better now than then. I have offered many times to increase the amount, but she always refuses and tells me if she runs short she'll let me know. So if the cost of living has increased, it's negligible.

He claims 13 years later his is eating better and cost increase negotiable. Electric has sure as heck increased dramatically past 13 years.

He wasn't talking about your RVing or how much your costs are in the USA

I never think Thailand is a privilege, sorry. I don't consider third world anything a privilege.

I also never worry about sticker shock.

If you made it to old age and have to worry about how much things cost, you didn't do a very good job.

3 hours ago, Reposed said:

I've been on 6 continents and around (lost count) 120 countries. I've lived in 8 countries for an extended period....meaning 2 years or more. South America, Central America, Mexico, Japan, Italy, Spain, and, uhm, here....

Suffice to say, Thailand is unique in their world view, and my days here are numbered. I'm with you, bud. Ignore the people on here who are Thaier than Thais.

Best on your new journey...

you also owned ferrari and lamborghini but are now happy with a toyota, right ? 

We know this kind of story very well here...

9 minutes ago, ThaiSanookGuy said:

Nope. An Isuzu pickup.

Sorry if you're stuck in one place and live on sour grapes...

• Like 1

is why i always come here ONE way tix...

When i feel this way its time to go home and work

When im tired of all the BS back home its time to come back

So far has been working out since 2008.....back n forth  but always easier to come here than go back home 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ThaiSanookGuy said:

i have a toyota 95 camry wagon--i also sleep in it to save money so can travel here..

had a 95 honda accord before that and all my motorbikes here have been 95 Dreams!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Maybe you forgot the original comment? Wasn't mine

I started giving my Thai partner 20K baht a month 13 years ago to pay for food, water and electric. I still give her 20K baht a month and if anything we eat better now than then. I have offered many times to increase the amount, but she always refuses and tells me if she runs short she'll let me know. So if the cost of living has increased, it's negligible.

He claims 13 years later his is eating better and cost increase negotiable. Electric has sure as heck increased dramatically past 13 years.

He wasn't talking about your RVing or how much your costs are in the USA

I never think Thailand is a privilege, sorry. I don't consider third world anything a privilege.

I also never worry about sticker shock.

If you made it to old age and have to worry about how much things cost, you didn't do a very good job.

Hence your username  Its Good to be the King!   sorry a few of us didnt live up to your expectations....please forgive us your Highness....(grovels)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

I believe those who wake up complaining about something, go to bed complaining, the same people would be complaining any place in the world where they would be going. It takes some view of light and, and you can be happy anywhere, as long they have something to wake up to that's makes them happy.

Every evening I'm thinking of the new  fresh grained coffee I'm going to enjoy with a smile on my face.

Off course there is other things in my life that makes me smile and can't wait to wake up early in the morning, but that coffee is for sure one of the first things I'm going to be served.

Chinese Bi lou Chun tea for me!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Hence your username  Its Good to be the King!   sorry a few of us didnt live up to your expectations....please forgive us your Highness....(grovels)

But the queen said off with your head you silly fool....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

The higher they fly, the harder they land.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I believe those who wake up complaining about something, go to bed complaining, the same people would be complaining any place in the world where they would be going. It takes some view of light and, and you can be happy anywhere, as long they have something to wake up to that's makes them happy.

Every evening I'm thinking of the new  fresh grained coffee I'm going to enjoy with a smile on my face.

Off course there is other things in my life that makes me smile and can't wait to wake up early in the morning, but that coffee is for sure one of the first things I'm going to be served.

Great that your life's pleasure has been reduced to coffee.

As far as your beliefs? You are entitled to those but no one else cares what you believe.

18 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Being the King of Isaan isn't easy, but someone has to do it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hummin said:

its the little things---my chinese tea....my spotify on my headphones daily----my fav foods--riding my bike and ringing my bell to see if thais will smile--esp the cuties....simple life

2 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

if you've been here thirty year and have to ask why then you're doing it wrong. maybe go to temple for a week or two to work out your issues.

Maybe the temple in Nakhon Nayok, where the monk swirls his hand in a giant bowl and then gives out the lottery numbers!

34 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

IF stuck, but reality, nobody is actually stuck here, or anywhere.  Just choose not to leave, for what ever reason.

If splitting one's time, in 2 places or travel a lot, and just use any one place as a base, is fine, if that's what one chooses.  

If you can't think of more reason to stay than leave, then the decision is easy.

How are you NOT stuck if you have NO money and no place to move to?

4 hours ago, Grecian said:

Why is it all the  time we are subjected to attempts at price gouging, additional airport fees dual pricing,  and ridiculous  nationalistic and jingoistic government behavior.

i would rather be gouged on consumption (import taxes in thailand) than home ownership (council tax in the uk)

airport fees! Much much lower than flying out of the uk.

nationalism.....I can't understand Thai so I don't hear it. and if I did its probably better than the woke, leftie feminised uk

if you find a better third option do let us know.

If you owned a home in the UK, you would have some assets worth something.

24 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Me too.

I don't drink coffee to wake up....

I wake up to drink coffee!

• Like 1