30 years in total- I think my time is up

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

I do know that the 20K still covers all the same things it did 13 years ago. Fact. Try to see how far 20K (about A$200 a week) goes in Australia for two people.

Who cares about Australia?

Are you denying costs haven't risen in Thailand the past 13 years?

You don't know anything.

Look it up.

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

What you guys seems to forget or ignore, is the crazy livingcost back where you coming from, new taxes like environment tax on everything and anything, gas en electric more than doubled in many countries. 

good luck to find another place to complain about. 

But have to say, been back home for 3 months, I say yes to both places will do for me. 

The cost isn't crazy if you can afford it, is it?

3 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I do have money--i choose wisely on how i want to spend it

My car has tv--ac-bed-toilet-books--laptop--etc

I shower at the gym nearby-and eat wherever i choose at cafe-market-etc

I always find it funny how ppl will pay money to go camping in a flimsy tent

I put a bed in a secure solid car and people freak out......and pay zero and safer and comfy

People walk to toilet and showers and campground and pay about $30 a night...

as ive stated i choose to live in my car--a rental is out of my budget when i have

all the same needs met for less....the little income i have goes to savings to travel

back to thailand, where i dont work and the more i have saved the longer i can stay

Hey baby, want to see my car-house?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

If you are retired or nearing that age and have to rent versus buy, we can understand the cheap charlie issues.

As a Cheap Charlie myself I dont have issues..its the "Kings" that seem to take offense...

im not here complaining about my choices but seems i have to defend them to others...

if you or others want to live in luxury, its your money, why not allow us to be frugal???

Im not begging or asking for handouts, im simply minding my business and living my life

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

The cost isn't crazy if you can afford it, is it?

I can afford it, the thing is it doesnt make me happy and it feels wasteful, to me..im content in my car and sleep well knowing it costs me nothing..im not drunk sleeping on a bench...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

as noted, i simply go home to work, nothing else, why date when im simply trying to get back to asia, where i do have an apt and can date then as they are the women i prefer..

sorry again to upset you,,i promise not to park within the view of your ivory tower....

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Great that your life's pleasure has been reduced to coffee.

As far as your beliefs? You are entitled to those but no one else cares what you believe.

You have no idea, do you? 

How did you become so bitter when you obviously feel so high? Lesson to learn, is to appreciate  the smaller things we take for granted also. But I do not expect you to understand simple things like that. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

is not a house..is a place to sleep, much like a japanese sleeping pod...it is a toyota(japan)

during the day im working, then go eat, go workout-shower, then go park somewhere...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsule_hotel#:~:text=Capsule hotel (Japanese%3A カプセルホテル%2C romanized %3A kapuseru hoteru)%2C,features many small bed-sized rooms known as capsules.

Just now, Hummin said:

How did you become so bitter when you obviously feel so high? Lesson to learn, is to appreciate  the smaller things we take for granted also. But I do not expect you to understand simple things like that. 

Must be a Republican....those that live a life of privilege feel that equality is oppression.

Just cant stand to see those beneath them enjoying their lives and being happy when they have tried to fill their empty lives with materials things and money and are miserable..

money and stuff is not the key....not what u dont have, but enjoy what you DO have....

Einstein said the key to happiness is a calm and modest life....so is he a cheapskate???

My buddy is this way..hot wife who sleeps in sep room---kids--lexus--good job--paid well and he is miserable and complains all the time...he is living the "american dream" right???

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Is why i prefer thailand--the states has become so toxic over the have and have nots...

and the politics going on now over equality and just to be cruel to the have nots/ poor

They can take it all away...but like the caged bird singing...they cant take my happiness

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Just cant stand to see those beneath them enjoying their lives and being happy when they have tried to fill their empty lives with materials things and money and are miserable..

If he feel above me, I really do not care, but he do not know bullpie when it comes to my life, what I have and do not have, or neither my experiences. He just take it for granted that he is some kind of superior to others he never have met face to face. 

But he can assume anything and everything he wants for me, but he should behave and be polite and do not trashtalk other he really do not know anything about . 

He really made a sympathetic impression in the other tread we had the day before with his statements about low life and not living. 

when you lower yourself to write what he did, then you kind of start feeling sorry for them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

If he feel above me, I really do not care, but he do not know bullpie when it comes to my life, what I have and do not have, or neither my experiences. He just take it for granted that he is some kind of superior to others he never have met face to face. 

But he can assume anything and everything he wants for me, but he should behave and be polite and do not trashtalk other he really do not know anything about . 

He really made a sympathetic impression in the other tread we had the day before with his statements about low life and not living. 

when you lower yourself to write what he did, then you kind of start feeling sorry for them. 

Is why im happy to debate and reply....they seems to eventually grumble, insult and go sit alone in their mansions.......is why i always say why do billionaires kill themselves......or ask hiso thais how poor people can love.....money buys goods and services--it does not buy happiness-tho it can help people get  their dreams to achieve happiness...i learned this in thailand seeing dirt poor people seemingly smile and be happy living in a tin shack...i asked myself what it was and discovered they had each other..a strong family bond and love......

ive lived in nice places..traveling the world has shown me whats really important to me...

and i dont mind being poor--i like the challenge of being creative and using my brain...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Im used to working at jobs that serve the upper class..i have happily quit many of those jobs too......just see how angry and bitter the wealthy are,,,not saying all, but a majority--never seems to be enough for them---they are chasing a dragon of fake satisfaction....

Can take anything from me--i own nothing of value and you cant take my happiness either

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I do have money--i choose wisely on how i want to spend it

My car has tv--ac-bed-toilet-books--laptop--etc

I shower at the gym nearby-and eat wherever i choose at cafe-market-etc

I always find it funny how ppl will pay money to go camping in a flimsy tent

I put a bed in a secure solid car and people freak out......and pay zero and safer and comfy

People walk to toilet and showers and campground and pay about $30 a night...

as ive stated i choose to live in my car--a rental is out of my budget when i have

all the same needs met for less....the little income i have goes to savings to travel

back to thailand, where i dont work and the more i have saved the longer i can stay

Thats brilliant Sticky, pity more don't do the same.

Everything is to be gained with a sustainable lifestyle.

Everything I have is second hand, and the car cost

£60 about 20 years ago, and still daily transport.

I believe the missus was also second hand, but

does have a certain charming patina.

Yes, thats not a typo.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I can afford it, the thing is it doesnt make me happy and it feels wasteful, to me..im content in my car and sleep well knowing it costs me nothing..im not drunk sleeping on a bench...

I am sure taking a dump in your car is really worth it!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hummin said:

No need to feel sorry for anyone except yourself.

Even more so if you don't know the person.

We are all grown men living our lives the way we want, opinionated the way we want.

A forum is to voice opinions, not to agree with every single thing that is posted.

It is like a TV set, change the channel if you don't like it

33 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I feel high because that is the way I am.

Sorry if I didn't plan my life to grow up living out of a car.

Don't expect me to learn your lessons, I am not you.

Don't expect me to understand anything, you don't know me and have no idea what I understand.

If you think growing up to live out of a parked car is normal and you appreciate it (smaller things), good for you.

I wasn't brought up to believe that is such a good idea.

Pretty sure I would have a hard time fitting my entire clan into a car to live? Maybe that is why we have so much land and a real house, and one abroad.

Compared to Elon Musk, he would think I have a simple life.

Everyone has their own opinions, doesn't make them right or wrong.

3 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

No need to feel sorry for anyone except yourself.

Even more so if you don't know the person.

We are all grown men living our lives the way we want, opinionated the way we want.

A forum is to voice opinions, not to agree with every single thing that is posted.

It is like a TV set, change the channel if you don't like it

As said, you do not do anything to me personally, it's just even you feel free to express whatever you find suitable, a forum like this still require some kind  of social skills and Iq, and that's what I am addressing now in a second tread where  I have seen your insults on other members.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

I feel high because that is the way I am.

Sorry if I didn't plan my life to grow up living out of a car.

Don't expect me to learn your lessons, I am not you.

Don't expect me to understand anything, you don't know me and have no idea what I understand.

If you think growing up to live out of a parked car is normal and you appreciate it (smaller things), good for you.

I wasn't brought up to believe that is such a good idea.

Pretty sure I would have a hard time fitting my entire clan into a car to live? Maybe that is why we have so much land and a real house, and one abroad.

Compared to Elon Musk, he would think I have a simple life.

Everyone has their own opinions, doesn't make them right or wrong.

Elon Musk ????

He lives at work from time to time, available 24/7, and if you knew his story, you would  know exactly my point.

58 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

How are you NOT stuck if you have NO money and no place to move to?

Then you probably shouldn't be here to begin with, or left a long time ago.

That's why Imm has rules.  400k or 800k a year, more than enough if here legally.

Or working and in the soc sec system w/health insurance.  If not one of those, you shouldn't be here.

5 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Rents in west are crazy high. 10000 baht a month vs 100,000 baht same thing.

Same thing? What you rent here for 10K, they are in the west by law not allowed to use as a dog house

Edited by peterfranks

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:
2 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

How are you NOT stuck if you have NO money and no place to move to?

Then you probably shouldn't be here to begin with, or left a long time ago.

I think you shouldn't post before you have read the post you are replying to.

The one who has no place to move to, because he lives in his car, is not kingofisaan, and doesn't even live in Thailand