Celebrating Thai women - all women - and the end of “lie-ability” Boris

webfact

29 minutes ago, rumak said:

You were doing OK until you got to that ridiculous statement .    There are now plenty of women in high if not top positions in the world .    If anything,  they are more power hungry and crazy than the men.   Or,  maybe just EQUALLY corrupt and arrogant .    here here !

Clinton,  Merkel,  Ardern, Freeland,  .......... and many many more.........

I was actually referring to women in high office in religious organizations. There don't seem to be many of those.

Good to see you back commenting Rumak....where have you been hiding?

Rooster

1 hour ago, harleyclarkey said:

Delighted to see your reference to Churchill... a vile genocidal lunatic who was responsible for the deaths of many millions of starving Bengals, a racist, an advocate for poison gas, anti Semetic just some of the man's contributions.

For me, an Irishman,  his role in deploying the vicious, murdering thugs called the Black and Tans in Ireland is equally unforgivable. Roving murder squads, random beating, house burnings were some of their tools of their vile trade.

Yes, good old Churchill a shining example of Britishness. Regretf,continued to this day by certain members of the English establishment.  

Indeed. I grew up with the British propaganda regarding Ireland. It was great as I grew older to get a better and more honest perspective from Irish people and media outside the UK. They didn't say "the troubles" they spoke of war.

Thanks for reading.

Rooster 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, BostonRob2 said:

I was actually referring to women in high office in religious organizations. There don't seem to be many of those.

Rooster

I guess the mention of WOMEN  woke me up .   I don't know much about religions... only thought of some times when i heard the proverbial "  oh Jesus,  yessssss,  don't stop !  "

My guess is there are good women and bad women..... same as men .    But men and women in govt and power ..... ........  well,  my comment would just be deleted

Good to see you are now commenting on some comments .   

This is my once a week look at this website. A very pleasant Sunday morning ritual thanks Rooster. The comments section is also very interesting to read, giving lots of insights into the minds of the average punter on this site. Thanks everyone!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I really don't know why I continue to read this drivel.

Because it doesn't tell you before clicking that it was written by "Rooster" so you end up clicking and then skimming it before quickly becoming bored and moving on?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BostonRob2 said:

Recently finished moving for the 8th time .   I won't bother saying how many years i have been

here,  since you know how that irks the readership.

maybe my last move ??       

20210929_133709.jpg

20211010_151142.jpg

19 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I really don't know why I continue to read this drivel.

It's raining and i've run out of things to read, is my reason. didn't read past the first mention of scrabble though. ????

• Like 2

21 hours ago, car720 said:

Funny though because in 1970 when I first arrived Patpong Rd had been in full swing for quite some time.

I canot disagree with that, Just never hit Pat Pong (that I knew of) until 1972. My first trip to Thailand was Dec 1968 - R&R from Vietnam, they turned us all loose with a backpack full of money and I don't remember much about that 7 days, I don't know where I was, but stayed in The Honey Hotel.    I remember the Thai Heaven Massage, thats it!!  It was an alcohol fueled week.  but once I got assigned in 1971, I did visit Patpong, and Old & New Sukumvit - Patpong bars I remember were Crown Royal, Mississippi Queen, both old Agency Spook haunts.........a quick search show a bit of history:   https://www.patpongmuseum.com/red-light-district/

What I remember the most ws everything was behind closed doors, not like the past 20-30 years...............>Peace

• Like 1

20 hours ago, proton said:

Any photo's mate?

I had tons, boxes full as I spent the entire decade of the Seventies in SE Asia, but sadly all were lost in a fire in 1986.........

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...