Anybody has had their child study at Bangkok University in Rangsit ?

Justanotherone

My girlfriend was deciding between Rangsit University and Bangkok University, I don't want to say too much as I am not well versed and don't want to give any bad advice. I would say, if you've been to university before you can look at the program outlines/program courses/professors (their prior education/career)/partnerships with corporations and make a decent decision based off of that. 

In my opinion Chulalongkorn or Thammasat university would be where I'd go if I had to go to school in Thailand. 

Theres a bunch of apartments/condos in that area for students, some with shuttles to the university for students (vans owned by the condo/apartmnet), or they can live on campus at University dorms.

Edited by dj230
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, dj230 said:

In my opinion Chulalongkorn or Thammasat university would be where I'd go if I had to go to school in Thailand. 

They are top government universities. You must test into them. When you dont make the grade you go to a private university like Bangkok or Rangsit. 

My daughter is at Bangkok University (International) Program, Rangsit. 

She's just completed her 3rd year.

She's doing well, but it is very difficult in group projects, getting the "team" to All participate.!!  Anyway she learning other skill too, from the experience.  Good for life.!!

Bangkok campus is slowly shutting down, if not mostly already.

There is plenty accommodation near by the Rangsit campus. 

Rooms in the accom. area range from 3,500 - 4,500 - 5,000 + + 

There are also some condo which have small apartments with 2 bedrooms so 2 can share comfortably a small condo, too.

PM me if you like to get additional info.

Our daughter is at Rangsit university. Plenty of small apartments in that area, and I would suspect the same is true at Bangkok Rangsit area too. The apartment she is in runs average about 7,500 a month when utilities are included.

10 hours ago, kidneyw said:

Had two daughters study at Rangsit. Plenty of student accommodation in the area with different prices to suite.

7 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

Our daughter is at Rangsit university. Plenty of small apartments in that area, and I would suspect the same is true at Bangkok Rangsit area too. The apartment she is in runs average about 7,500 a month when utilities are included.

If you don't mind me asking which degrees? How's the difficulty? I can't say the courses my girlfriend is taking are that challenging, albeit it's the summer semester with what seems to be more introductory courses to bridge students from high school to University, but I am thinking the networking alone the University provides will be worth the cost of degree (internship program/co-operative education program). The professors / faculty are mostly Thammasat university graduates with decent work experience and a bit of international education as well (Western degrees). Which is nice to see compared to other universities with only professors/faculty from their alumni with almost no work experience, which makes me question if they got their job through connections or because they deserve to be there and what value they can add to the students learning from them.

9 hours ago, Dean W said:

My daughter is at Bangkok University (International) Program, Rangsit. 

She's just completed her 3rd year.

She's doing well, but it is very difficult in group projects, getting the "team" to All participate.!!  Anyway she learning other skill too, from the experience.  Good for life.!!

Bangkok campus is slowly shutting down, if not mostly already.

There is plenty accommodation near by the Rangsit campus. 

Rooms in the accom. area range from 3,500 - 4,500 - 5,000 + + 

There are also some condo which have small apartments with 2 bedrooms so 2 can share comfortably a small condo, too.

PM me if you like to get additional info.

This isn't really special to any university, I was doing a degree at a Toronto university a few years ago and the way team projects work is, one or two people usually have to do everything while the rest of the people send a few messages saying "yeah" or "I agree" providing moral support. 

Edited by dj230

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am new in Rangsit... brough an apartment here recently and plan to set up a studio for a few YouTube channels... especially channels with 10K VR180 videos... will be looking for interns and part time... and hope to work with schools...

Any ideas?

SauChi