Thai Public Health Ministry encourages public to receive booster vaccination before traveling

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, BangkokHank said:

Yes, but without the vaccines, those people might have died twice. So even if you die from COVID after being vaccinated, it would have been worse without being vaccinated.

Well,we are in a Buddhist society…

The new normal is getting boosters within the required time. So we keep is protected from severe illness. Just like a yearly flu vaccine. Now for covid booster time is shorter. Give it some time and we will get a yearly one. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, rattlesnake said:

Like a broken record…

The only way to prove that would be to go back in time, not take the vaccine and see what happens, which is conveniently impossible.

No time travel necessary. Plenty of Comparative studies of vaccinated vs unvaccinated adjusted for age,health and other relevant factors have shown clear benefits for the vaccinated . You would be able to understand that had a time machine been able to return you to schooldays where you could have paid more attention this time… 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, StealthComms said:

Hospitals are mostly full with Vaxed ppl. Lots of stats and reports around. 

None of my fam too this vax from kids to grandma and we live as normal, no masks, no crazy hand washing, random ppl come to house, and I train in gyms. 

No one ever even tested positive for covid. Kids got weekly ATK tests at schools.

Ah,the old schoolboy error of using anecdotal evidence in preference to properly controlled studies. 
I had a non seatbelt wearing uncle who crashed into a lake and claimed not wearing a belt enabled him to climb out of the car to avoid drowning. Should we now henceforth eschew seatbelts? My grandma smoked heavily all her life and lived to 100 . Should I take up smoking? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

No time travel necessary. Plenty of Comparative studies of vaccinated vs unvaccinated adjusted for age,health and other relevant factors have shown clear benefits for the vaccinated . You would be able to understand that had a time machine been able to return you to schooldays where you could have paid more attention this time… 

As I said, a broken record…

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Bit late as the vaccine is working after 7 days.. and the holidays start on Wednesday.. and the next holiday is end of this month .. Than it will work.. But can people go on holiday 2 times a month and maybe a 3rd time next month?? In a decreasing economy by inflation, less tourism, higer fuelprices, and higher debts??  Any way the economy is more important than the people..In Sri Lanka and other places in the world they have been aware that their Government is not helping the people and they want changes. Happily in Thailand we have Prayuth who is the best we had in years ( according to him than)

"Bit late as the vaccine is working after 7 days.. and the holidays start on Wednesday."

Correct! I wonder if this Government has ever heard the term "pro active"? 

And they are probably just as confused by "locking the stable door after the horse has bolted"! ????

8 hours ago, vandeventer said:

A friend of mine has had 7 vaccines for covid. Where is he? Home with covid.

And alive...?

Sunbeam, how many more times, the jab does not stop you getting it, it should keep you alive...????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sambum said:

"Bit late as the vaccine is working after 7 days.. and the holidays start on Wednesday."

Correct! I wonder if this Government has ever heard the term "pro active"? 

And they are probably just as confused by "locking the stable door after the horse has bolted"! ????

It's a top-up, not a starter....

55 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

As I said, a broken record…

Actually,you’ll get no sound out of a broken record - something we might all be grateful for you emulating ,although the "empty vessel " cliché is probably more apposite in your case ?

2 hours ago, StealthComms said:

Hospitals are mostly full with Vaxed ppl. Lots of stats and reports around. 

None of my fam too this vax from kids to grandma and we live as normal, no masks, no crazy hand washing, random ppl come to house, and I train in gyms. 

No one ever even tested positive for covid. Kids got weekly ATK tests at schools.

And the vast majority of people killed in road accidents are wearing seatbelts. Are you now going to stop wearing yours…? ???? 

1 minute ago, sambum said:

My apologies - I did not see "booster" for some reason! 

Question though - does a booster's effectiveness start immediately?

Dunno, but if one has already had jabs, perhaps the top-up just attaches itself to what's already going on.

I am thinking about a top-up later in the year, so far no C19, but I try to be very careful, no matter what the ant-vax/mask brigade think....????

26 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Actually,you’ll get no sound out of a broken record - something we might all be grateful for you emulating ,although the "empty vessel " cliché is probably more apposite in your case ?

Ignorance and arrogance, the plague of today's world. Good luck.

52 minutes ago, transam said:

And alive...?

Sunbeam, how many more times, the jab does not stop you getting it, it should keep you alive...????

I am due for a booster but a girl that I know that work in the Hospital where I live said they water down the boosters so much it's hardly worth getting the jab. In fact just waiting for the jab with over 1000 people waiting with you for hours is a big concern.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

therefore, the Ministry would like to encourage the public to get vaccinated at vaccination centers, Provincial Health Offices, and public hospitals nationwide before traveling.

Should have been saying this a few weeks ago.

14 hours ago, smedly said:

Anutin - we are done with vaccines - we are done with masks we are done with covid ................there is no "New Normal" 

MOVE ON 

We may be done with COVID, but COVID is not done with us.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, KhonKaenLive said:

In April and May of this year in the UK, 94% of deaths...jabbed. 

Shhhhhh...

Don't wanna upset those overly offended types that have bought into and adopted the long standing and repeated convention. 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

They won't be getting as much free junk from China as there having a hell of a time with the newest variants.. 

Really? I'm in Isaan and not experiencing this disaster.  Same-same, nobody is dying and everybody wears masks for some odd reason.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, atpeace said:

Really? I'm in Isaan and not experiencing this disaster.  Same-same, nobody is dying and everybody wears masks for some odd reason.

What disaster?

Your post makes no Sense. 

Edited by MrJ2U

44 minutes ago, atpeace said:

The article was about China's lockdown and new variant that has 20% of it's population in lockdown. 

"Shanghai fears a second lockdown as China battles BA.5 outbreaks"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/07/11/shanghai-lockdown-china-covid-omicron/

8 hours ago, KhonKaenLive said:

In April and May of this year in the UK, 94% of deaths...jabbed. 

Baloney.

Off course no supporting article to go along with the usual anti vax garbage. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1