Health minister Anutin responds after reports that private hospitals sold state produced Covid drugs

webfact

I was very pleased that the private hospital I attended 2 weeks ago when I contracted Covid (as a 71 year old with co-morbidities) was prescribing Molnupiravir as their antiviral of choice. Psychologically I was able to deal with the potential risks of my situation when the doctors replied to my questions about how this relatively recent drug (developed by the private sector - Merck - and given emergency FDA authorisation only 6 months ago) was performing for them with enthusiastic/positive comments.

So presumably GPO was licensed by Merck to manufacture the drug for Thailand. I have no problem with having paid for it even if others who are less fortunate financially have got it free/reduced price thru' the state hospital system. What's the problem here? I don't see any reports that the private hospital's access to the drug has reduced the availability for the state system.

Edited by SantiSuk
typos

5 hours ago, Mavideol said:

Yeppp, just another day on the cover up as usual, move on

You know how it is.......any corrupt and unethical instance that might present itself is almost always grasped by the usual circle. A way of life.

• Like 2