Thailand's cannabis policy comes under fire

webfact

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I was expecting a few Irate prohibitionists  to be active today......The ale's off    How delightfully ironic ! The authorities have decided that the sale of your " dangerous drug if abuse" is not allowed today,   How does that feel ?  Oh and you had all better stock up as I think there's another dry day coming up shortly

I rarely drink alcohol but you’re wrong, it is allowed to drink at home, no change there. The only difference being in bars/restaurants etc for 2 days, where do you smoke your joints? Lol

36 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

I rarely drink alcohol but you’re wrong, it is allowed to drink at home, no change there. The only difference being in bars/restaurants etc for 2 days, where do you smoke your joints? Lol

I'm well aware that alcohol can be drunk at home .I was talking about the Ban on sales,      I thought  this was plain to see  when I sarcastically suggested that people should stock up (i. actually meant with alcohol, to drink at home.  Duh !) prior to the next dry day, didn't think I needed to add anything else !  so yes I guess I was wrong , It obviously wasn't plain to see I'll try to be more descriptive in future comments

You say you rarely drink, But it appears to play a significant roll in your life as you appear to have researched its availability on restrictive days . maybe it plays a bigger part than you  like to admit  Either way you are no different to any other "occaisional user" So your anti cannabis stance is somewhat hypocritical

As to where do I smoke my joints?  same places that I always smoked them, nothing has really changed for me and many others, despite the warnings of drug tsunamis from people like you, we maybe have a slightly wider selection of things to smoke, thats about it   

But as to where do I prefer to smoke ?  well that would be anywhere without people like you

• Haha 1

"She said the government should have studied the consequences of such a move and closed any loopholes before going ahead with the legalization."

A logical assumption but inconsistent with political and commercial expediency. Anutin's key campaign pledge was to legalise cannabis, so he had to go ahead without waiting for the Cannabis and Hemp which might not make it before the next elections, if at all. As minister in charge of enforcing the Narcotics Act he had the authority to amend the law with a one page ministerial announcement with the approval of the Narcotics Committee which is appointed by him. So no discussion in parliament needed and no cabinet approval but legalisation was a condition of his BJP party joining the coalition which enabled Prayut and Prawit to remain in power after the 2019 election.  So they had pre-approved this whether they agreed with the idea or not (probaby not - being conservative military men).  

The commercial expediency was ...um ...well... that a number of associates had invested in plantations and needed a  clear timeline to grow their first harvest and bring it to market while prices would be sky high for high grade bud right at the beginning. Thus the mechanism of legalising through a ministerial announcement that didn't need any one else's approval coming into effect 120 days later was absolutely perfect from the commercial point of view. With a law ambling its way through parliament no one would be able to predict how long it would take. Someone might even add some restrictions that might stand in the way of cashing in big time on the first harvest. So the idea of waiting for detailed regulations on licensing and other stuff was a non-starter from the get go.  

Edited by Dogmatix

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand has been urged to introduce clearer regulations on the use of cannabis following the government's decision to legalize the growing and consumption of the drug for food and drink products.

Anutins decision.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

"The regulation should be set in place that we only allow medicinal and therapeutic uses in Thailand," Sarana said

That was how it all started out, but Anutin has let that slide, now vendors are slipping it into anything they can think of as a gimmick to aid sales and online adverts are abound to have it delivered to you door.

5 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I'm well aware that alcohol can be drunk at home .I was talking about the Ban on sales,      I thought  this was plain to see  when I sarcastically suggested that people should stock up (i. actually meant with alcohol, to drink at home.  Duh !) prior to the next dry day, didn't think I needed to add anything else !  so yes I guess I was wrong , It obviously wasn't plain to see I'll try to be more descriptive in future comments

You say you rarely drink, But it appears to play a significant roll in your life as you appear to have researched its availability on restrictive days . maybe it plays a bigger part than you  like to admit  Either way you are no different to any other "occaisional user" So your anti cannabis stance is somewhat hypocritical

As to where do I smoke my joints?  same places that I always smoked them, nothing has really changed for me and many others, despite the warnings of drug tsunamis from people like you, we maybe have a slightly wider selection of things to smoke, thats about it   

But as to where do I prefer to smoke ?  well that would be anywhere without people like you

You’re easily triggered when your flawed logic was pointed out. It’s telling that you are so defensive on cannabis use jumping on others who have different opinions. Good health to you, I assume you do not add tobacco to your spliff of course.

3 hours ago, coolcarer said:

You’re easily triggered when your flawed logic was pointed out. It’s telling that you are so defensive on cannabis use jumping on others who have different opinions. Good health to you, I assume you do not add tobacco to your spliff of course.

What "flawed logic" ?   The only flawed logic is from you , you quote my comment  and then  what you write has nothing to do with what I wrote !   I assume that you were drinking at home when you wrote it !

Also why on earth would you bother to assume anything regarding whether or not I also use tobacco.?  what concern is it of yours ?   and what relevance does it have to my comment?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

What "flawed logic" ?   The only flawed logic is from you , you quote my comment  and then  what you write has nothing to do with what I wrote !   I assume that you were drinking at home when you wrote it !

Also why on earth would you bother to assume anything regarding whether or not I also use tobacco.?  what concern is it of yours ?   and what relevance does it have to my comment?

Triggered again, I wished you good health, especially since as you stated before you’ve been smoking weed for 40 years, my concern was that mixed with tobacco you may need all the good health you can get. 

But no The last time I drunk at home was a couple of years ago, occasionally have some whiskey or brandy to flambé a sauce. My last drink in a restaurant was a glass of wine a month ago at a friends birthday. I should drink a little more I know as a glass of wine a day is supposed to be good for you but still. 

Anyway, ta ta

I noticed quite a lot of anti cannabis  sentiment on the TV  today with convicted and recently released orange farmer Sorayuth a leading the outrage on channel 3   Could the lack of alcohol  or perhaps  even the full moon be of any significance

• Haha 1

It's working already. I passed a vendor on the curb last night talking to two white guys, tourists I assume, one of them asked the vendor Where is the nearest ATM? and the vendor pointed and the soon-to-be-happy customer took off in that direction.

20 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Are you talking about this post?

@Bert got kinky made some wild accusation that I had "previously

made a post in which I 'invented' symptoms of 3 boys that I determined were stoned.

You did your best to back-track but you were called out and your lie was shown."

This is obviously not what I said in this post. If you're referring to some other post that I allegedly made, dig it out of my posting history, or apologize. @Bert got kinky

Hell, you made no effort to locate the response you had about some stoners! Why would I want to help you locate the BS imagined post????

On 7/14/2022 at 10:08 AM, Enzian said:

It's working already. I passed a vendor on the curb last night talking to two white guys, tourists I assume, one of them asked the vendor Where is the nearest ATM? and the vendor pointed and the soon-to-be-happy customer took off in that direction.

Absolutely shocking !!!