Thailand's cannabis policy comes under fire

webfact

34 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

She'll come around after she sees those dramatically improving tourism arrival, academic performance, traffic safety, productivity and GDP numbers. [sarcasm alert]

These people who don't understand that pot smokers are high net worth big spenders, or that smoking pot actually helps memory and cognitive function, and has scientifically been shown to improve the ability to safely operate motor vehicles really are a bunch of "reefer madness" dinosaurs who need to get with the program. [sarcasm alert #2]

Anutin is a visionary who will work out all the pesky details in good time before the first crops are harvested. Don't you worry your pretty little heads. Pass the spliff, mon.

He is bringing happiness to the people, and only has the forward progress of the Kingdom at heart. Those who accuse him of short-sightedness or suggest he has cynical and corrupt motives just don't understand his heart. We should all be rejoicing and singing his praises. [sarcasm alert #3]

Ganja is the center of my life. Now that ganja has been legalized, not only do I want to live here forever, I want to be reborn here so I can continue to smoke, helping Thailand move forward with every puff.

A marijuana plant in every back yard. Teach the children to grow marijuana at school. Teach the elderly about its medicinal properties. Don't listen to the naysayers who point out it'll be virtually impossible to police misuse by underage youth, and traffic safety controls are non-existent. Make Thailand great again. No doubt about it, Thailand, you're on the right track. Keep moving forward! Keep fighting! สู้ๆ    [final sarcasm alert]

Pass the spliff, mon.

Are you pretending to be black?

Don't worry, we won't think bad about you, after all, I presume that some of your best friends say 'mon'.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Pass the spliff, mon.

Don't worry, we won't think bad about you, after all, I presume that some of your best friends say 'mon'.

Rastafarian lingo, pandering to the stoners. Don't read too much into it.

24 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Pass the spliff, mon.

Think that would be Jamaican or Creole, as I've never heard anyone, black or white, call a doobie/joint a spliff, in USA that is, and I grew up and smoked herb with a lot of brothers & sisters.

Maybe a term in UK or EU.  Or the YT, Twitter, TikTok crowd.

I'm still old, and haven't got pass; groovy, cool, dude, word dog

I don't even know anyone that rolls doobies like that, as mine/ours, look like a Pall Mall or Camel (non filter) cig.

image.png.2a3effc2cf0cda687001229679f2c347.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gecko123 said:

What tripe he is being spewed? Are you saying that pot smokers are known for being big spenders, that pot has no impact on cognitive functions, driving ability, productivity, etc.

Look, guys, it's obvious that there's unbridled support on this forum for the legalization initiative, but it's not all rainbows and butterflies, and I predict that there's going to be some serious blow back from law enforcement, educators, parents, the medical profession as well as people who suffer in some way from the behavior of someone who is intoxicated. My sense is that this has happened so quickly that there are a lot of people who are scared to be the first to stick their heads above the parapet out of fear of getting on the wrong side of the politically powerful.

The FACTS are that Thailand's on-the-road law enforcement and legal infrastructure for detecting, apprehending, and punishing people for driving under the influence is very weak, and that it will be next to impossible to control the growing and consumption of marijuana in rural areas by young people. That isn't fabricated and uninformed hysteria. They are concerns that everyone should share. Certainly, Thailand's dangerous roads, which are constantly lambasted on this forum, should be a major concern to us all.

Sorry but you wouldn't know a fact if it hit you in the face.

Previously you made a post in which you 'invented' symptoms of 3 boys that you determined were stoned.

You did your best to back-track but you were called out and your lie was shown.

You obviously do not like that people are allowed to use cannabis and it is also obvious that you know nothing about cannabis nor its effects.

You should really do some research instead of spouting trash.

You are starting to look a fool, which is probably why your posts are only getting 'confused' or 'sad' emoticons, everyone on here can see that you do not have anything of value to add to any discussion on weed.

Why don't you stick to something you really do know about.

I'm sure we would like to know what bleach you need to clean the toilets, or which air freshener works for longer.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

No, you wouldn't.

Yes you would.

As usual, you are making assumptions based on your beliefs and not facts.

I'm from Birmingham's inner city area, I spent my early years living in Winson Green,try making your cowardly racist comment there and see what happens.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

The FACTS are that Thailand's on-the-road traffic enforcement and legal infrastructure for detecting, apprehending, and punishing people for driving under the influence is very weak, and that it will be next to impossible to control the growing and consumption of marijuana in rural areas by young people. That isn't fabricated and uninformed hysteria. These are concerns that everyone should share. Certainly, Thailand's dangerous roads, which are constantly lamented on this forum, should be a major concern to us all.

I believe you're right but unfortunately to get a good comparison the road accident/death figures will not be revealed for another year or so, too late for those who have already suffered.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Sorry but you wouldn't know a fact if it hit you in the face.

Previously you made a post in which you 'invented' symptoms of 3 boys that you determined were stoned.

You did your best to back-track but you were called out and your lie was shown.

You obviously do not like that people are allowed to use cannabis and it is also obvious that you know nothing about cannabis nor its effects.

You should really do some research instead of spouting trash.

You are starting to look a fool, which is probably why your posts are only getting 'confused' or 'sad' emoticons, everyone on here can see that you do not have anything of value to add to any discussion on weed.

Why don't you stick to something you really do know about.

I'm sure we would like to know what bleach you need to clean the toilets, or which air freshener works for longer.

I'm not going to engage in endless back and forth bickering with you. I have no idea what post you are referring to. You have - (uh-oh, could this be a symptom of being high?)- clearly miss-attributed or miss-remembered whatever you are talking about. You're successfully hectoring anyone who doesn't agree with you, but don't confuse that with winning the debate.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The move by Thailand has also triggered warnings from other countries in Asia. Sarana said the government should consider carefully how to respond to the concerns, especially as the economy relies heavily on tourism.

Yep. For sure.

Think of all the money made from all the cross-border tourists from the RICH ASEAN countries surrounding Thailand compared to the pittance brought by western country tourists coming here being able to enjoy the same rights most of them already enjoy in their home countries. The loss of such tourists to the other ASEAN countries is certainly not a factor in their negative opinions either.

NOT!

Sour grapes/cannabis for sure. You snooze, you lose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Putting the cart before the horse that what they did, first let us put a million weeds out there and than we think how to control it...

Absolutely. No reason to study the results of legalization in other countries.

Now, about those 'wheel' and 'fire' things I see other tribes using. Both must be more thoroughly studied (in a vacuum) before we make any rash decisions.

Safety first! Until then these so-called innovations should be illegal with severe penalties,even  death, imposed for using them prematurely.