3 die in Chiang Rai shooting

snoop1130

25 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

Alcohol IS a drug.

But isn't referred to as a drug generally.

When we say alcohol, we mean drinks containing alcohol. We're not claiming that people are knocking back 100% pure ethanol.

When we say drug, we mean something like coke, ecstacy, heroin, etc.

The fact that alcohol is technically a drug, or that caffeine is, is not really relevant to the discussion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

And guns aren't used to kill people by people that don't have guns. Furthermore, I've long thought that the average person is too careless and irresponsible to own firearms.

If the don't have a gun, they might use a knife or some other object.

7 hours ago, redwhiteandblue said:

Thais, drugs and guns are a bad mix.

Thais and drugs, Thais and alcohol, Thais and cars. It seems a lot of things don't mix well with Thais, with a theme of something that causes them to lose control.

Interesting to think about. Is it the Thai education system that is to blame? A lack of thinking for oneself, failure to appreciate consequences for one's actions and essentially "fake" learning, where facts are accepted and regurgitated without question or real understanding?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Regardless of the causation, e.g. not in his right mind at the time.

One has to ask:

1) Did he take an illegal substance, yes

2) Did he murder innocent people because of the effect of the illegal substance he took, possibly a yes, regardless, he murdered innocent people

3) Did he know it was an illegal substance, yes

4) Did anyone force him to take the substance, no

At the end of the day, we all have a responsibility in society to not cause harm to others, now I overindulged in drinking alcohol and was totally smashed, and was driving home and had an accident, my responsibility to society just went out the window, as the deaths I could cause on the road on the way home would be contributed to my irresponsibility, i.e. drinking excessively, not catching a cab, etc

When we overstep the mark, this is what happens, I have no sympathy for those who do not act responsibly and harm or kill others for their lack of respect to others.

One has to ask oneself what if that was my 4year old, playing in the front yard shot dead because this piece of garbage took an illegal substance and lost it, should I say, it wasn't him, he wasn't in his right state of mind, it was the drugs that caused him to act that way, again, refer to 3 & 4 above.

To put it mildly, there is no excuse for this kind of behaviour and he should be put down asap IMO.

For those who defend him because they believe it was the effect of the drug/s, then ask yourself this, would that innocent 4 year old be waking up this morning if he didn't take that illegal substance, obviously that's a no brainer, that said, there is a reason why these drugs are an illegal substance.

RIP 

I am all for liberal drug laws, however when someone commits a crime like this under the influence extra punishment should be handed down. Same goes for the drug alcohol, like driving and killing someone. Should also be far harsher be punished. 

But if you take drugs fine your own business. If you then harm others, extra punishent should be added. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

But isn't referred to as a drug generally.

When we say alcohol, we mean drinks containing alcohol. We're not claiming that people are knocking back 100% pure ethanol.

When we say drug, we mean something like coke, ecstacy, heroin, etc.

The fact that alcohol is technically a drug, or that caffeine is, is not really relevant to the discussion.

It is as it is a mind altering substance that is worse then some drugs and is classified as a drug. So people consuming alcohol are as bad as other drug users. Simple as that. 

I dont have a problem with drug users, only when they commit crimes while using drugs (an accident with victims while drunk and or high should have an extra few years added IMHO)

People who cant use their drugs (and alcohol for those who don't consider it a drug) responsible without bothering others should be punished. Not the guy sipping his beer or the guy smoking a joint. But the guy killing or hurting others while under the influence should be punished extra severe.

On 7/15/2022 at 3:33 AM, webfact said:

A DRUG-CRAZED unemployed gunman went on a shooting spree at a Chiang Rai village killing three persons including a four-year-old girl and injuring two others this afternoon (July 14), Matichon newspaper said.

Time Thailand got on top of the drugs available;e in Thailand....

seems they are everywhere and taken by almost everyone in the younger generation.

On 7/14/2022 at 10:09 PM, Ginner said:

Think his point is : the drugs caused him to go on a shooting rampage

Which is ridiculous, because 99.99999% of people who use drugs don't go on shooting rampages.

But if you insist, maybe we should criminalize the world's most dangerous drug, that leads to the most violence...

Alcohol. 

Oh no.  That's different, right. ????

8 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Which is ridiculous, because 99.99999% of people who use drugs don't go on shooting rampages.

But if you insist, maybe we should criminalize the world's most dangerous drug, that leads to the most violence...

Alcohol. 

He was s regular meth user which can have very serious effects.

Methamphetamine Psychosis: Why It Happens and How You Can Get Help

Many people who abuse meth eventually develop psychosis. This unusual state of mind causes you to think unclear thoughts, and it could bring on hallucinations and false beliefs.

https://www.webmd.com/connect-to-care/addiction-treatment-recovery/methamphetamine/why-meth-psychosis-happens-and-how-to-get-help

chricha, you are a blind greenie? Did you know that CO2 is a trace gas and so is Methane?

Look at the graph.  Do you actually believe the climate alarmists and their stories?

Climate change may be because the earth is warming itself up. 

So you and your EVs that cannot get even the 500 kms on a charge, as the AC or heater

makes the range much less.   

CO2 percentage of atmosphere.jpg

On 7/16/2022 at 9:24 PM, SiSePuede419 said:

Alcohol. 

Apparently so does writing a simple comment. Calm down you will blow a blood vessel.  ????????????????

14 hours ago, Ginner said:

Apparently so does writing a simple comment. Calm down you will blow a blood vessel.  ????????????????

The everyone should get drunk like me and get a tattoo to express their individuality crowd has a thought.

Edited by SiSePuede419