Hi…anyone got a good DVD man……? PM if you can help….always appreciated…

mikey88

joking aside back in the DAY-long ago there was a guy that had a shop by CP gate that rented dvds and had a catalog of burned box set dvds..you could also make requests..

I recall buying simpsons season 7 at night bazaar.....that should tell u how long ago it was!

• Thanks 1

Modern and smug.

Yes.

it’s a thing isn’t it.

Very interesting process….

If an rationale is needed…..I’m a collector.

You know…..clocks….books,…watches…..paintings…..LPs……

That sort of thing….

2 minutes ago, mikey88 said:

Modern and smug.

Yes.

it’s a thing isn’t it.

That sort of thing….

too bad the saturday green market is gone by prince royal--had all that stuff

12 hours ago, mikey88 said:

Modern and smug.

Yes.

it’s a thing isn’t it.

That sort of thing….

I am confused.  What is it that you really want?   

• Haha 1

Downloading is the way to go.

There are multiple sites in business charging 20$ a month and you can stream and/or download from anywhere in the world, for example adultload. You cannot carry many DVDs if you travel. Some rare DVDs i buy and convert to files to USB using DvdFab.

Now now. I have a ton of DVDs we brought with us when we moved to LOS that we would love to watch.  Our high end Blu-ray player is DVD locked to wrong region and can't reset.  Went to play one only to discover none of our laptops have disk players anymore.  Guess I'll have to breakdown and get another player.  Young kids could care less about the not perfect video quality on a big screen.

I bought my first VHS back in 1980, £400 which was over a months salary back then. I'm not a hoarder but can't bear to throw out some things, so I found this in  my lockup and brought it out here. There were also a few tapes , one of which was Schindlers List that I had never got around to watching so I fired the machine up and loaded the tape.

A little long but generally a great film.  Only disappointed that the machine or tape was damaged as it only played in B&W. 

Back on subject, I also have around 60-70 DVD's, 90% of which are music concerts. They cost a fortune at the time , but absolutely worth it and I still get a lot of pleasure from watching them. I bought a DVD read/write add on for my AppleMac that plugs into the USB port for around 1000 baht. Decent enough video and sound quality.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, DaLa said:

Back on subject, I also have around 60-70 DVD's, 90% of which are music concerts.

I had all the old classic Disney movies on VHS tapes then on VCD and eventually on DVD which I still have.

I reckon all the old non-woke classics will be worth something one day.