Cannabis and hemp will become a top new tourism trend in Thailand and a positive soft power, Bhumjaithai MP says

webfact

Cannabis and hemp will become a top new tourism trend in Thailand and a positive soft power, Bhumjaithai MP says

Oh Stop with this BS

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Not a bad artice, i was somewhat surprised at this bit  " While cannabis-related travellers are believed to be high spending and well educated"  Not really agreeing with the views of the TVF  illuminati,

Not sure who the TVF  illuminati are but yes to finish your quote in context:

"While cannabis-related travellers are believed to be high spending and well educated, authorities don’t want to replicate the Dutch model, which led to massive concentration of cannabis coffee shops in Amsterdam and raised concerns over hard drug use and criminality."

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not sure who the TVF  illuminati are but yes to finish your quote in context:,

"While cannabis-related travellers are believed to be high spending and well educated, authorities don’t want to replicate the Dutch model, which led to massive concentration of cannabis coffee shops in Amsterdam and raised concerns over hard drug use and criminality."

Doesn't actually change the context at all in my opinion the bit that says "While cannabis-related travellers are believed to be high spending and well educated" is not in anyway altered by what follows,  although I fail to see the logic in comparing a tiny area in the center of Amsterdam not much bigger than a shopping plaza, to the entire amassed tourist resorts of thailand   Also The term "raised concerns" doesn't actually mean anything in reality does it

6 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Doesn't actually change the context at all in my opinion the bit that says "While cannabis-related travellers are believed to be high spending and well educated" is not in anyway altered by what follows,  although I fail to see the logic in comparing a tiny area in the center of Amsterdam not much bigger than a shopping plaza, to the entire amassed tourist resorts of thailand   Also The term "raised concerns" doesn't actually mean anything in reality does it

Probably because most tourists that travel to Thailand also come to specific tourists hotspots, such as Patong being just one example

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I don't really think mixed reactions needs explaining to anyone.

Amsterdam sticks with plans to ban tourists from cannabis coffee shops

“Criminal investigations and crime picture analyses give the impression that the current cannabis market is intertwined with serious and organised crime, with violence, threats and rip deals,” 

In order to reduce the attraction of cannabis tourists to Amsterdam, the plans propose to include the introduction of the resident criterion, a ‘coffee shop quality mark’, attention to chain formation within the coffee shop sector, the possible introduction of a smoking ban and the phased start of local regulation. 

https://cannabiswealth.co.uk/2022/04/13/amsterdam-plans-ban-tourists-cannabis-coffee-shops/

mixed reactions ??  kindly enlighten me    some for some against perhaps ?  maybe some for and some very enthusiastically for,? and dont forget the "dont knows"  some against , some aghast , many  possible permutations, so I think for the phrase to have any significance it does indeed require explaining

you seem to revel in the proposed restrictions in Amsterdam and you don't even live there  , why is that? are you some sort of professional kill joy

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

mixed reactions ??  kindly enlighten me    some for some against perhaps ?  maybe some for and some very enthusiastically for,? and dont forget the "dont knows"  some against , some aghast , many  possible permutations, so I think for the phrase to have any significance it does indeed require explaining

you seem to revel in the proposed restrictions in Amsterdam and you don't even live there  , why is that? are you some sort of professional kill joy

"mixed reactions ??  kindly enlighten me    some for some against perhaps ?" ????

What makes you think I revel in the proposed restrictions in Amsterdam?

As for being a kill joy did I say anywhere I want this decision in Thailand reversed?

Dream on………

“They must have studied what one can and cannot do whilst in Thailand before traveling here. They must already be aware of marijuana and they must already know where its usage limit is.”

Better let all the Thai officials and police know first.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 11:16 AM, rumeaug said:

I work and live in Bangkok since 2012.

1. I still [and sure as hell i am not the only one] absolutely do not know what exactly the rules pertaining to consuming cannabis are, and which level of THC is actually legal.

i also think that the politicians involved in that law have strictly no clue either and have their brushes completely tangled on the subject...

2. Ganja consumption as a tourism asset? In many European countries and others in the world , like Spain just to name one, weed is decriminalized for personal cultivation and use, and it is very easily available (many grow it in their own homes

I understand that in a rush to keep Anutin's party onside Prayut has removed the legislation controlling use but have not replaced it yet. The widespread sale at the moment can not be stopped by RTP. They say they will release legislation in August and then we will find out what they are actually dping. They have said several times they will not allow recreational use. It remains to be seen what 'medicinal' use actually entails. 

31 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I understand that in a rush to keep Anutin's party onside Prayut has removed the legislation controlling use but have not replaced it yet. The widespread sale at the moment can not be stopped by RTP. They say they will release legislation in August and then we will find out what they are actually dping. They have said several times they will not allow recreational use. It remains to be seen what 'medicinal' use actually entails. 

It's unlikely anything will change IMHO.

Too many expensive business are opening to cater to the recreational smoker.

Thai people/authorities are very good at talking, without ever actually doing.

• Like 2

It absolutely will be unless the government gets in own way and kills the goose laying golden eggs - and cannabis bud.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 4:26 PM, Gecko123 said:

Another comparator which might be worthwhile for Thailand to investigate is the Riviera Maya in Mexico's Yucatan peninsula. Cancun and other coastal cities have become famous as "spring break" party towns for American and Canadian college students, honeymooners, tourists, etc.

I'm not making any predictions about whether the same dynamic is likely to occur in beach resort areas like Pattaya, Phuket, Koh Samui, etc., but I'm under the impression that a subculture of activity catering to the drug needs of tourists has sprung up in Riviera Maya, which sometimes involves more serious drugs and criminal/gang activity. Again, I'm not predicting anything, but Thailand might want to take a look at this.

There is also the added fact that a lot of employers are now random testing people for drink and drug use.

Have a nice 'stoned' holiday, go back to work and lose your job.

Edited by overherebc

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

There is also the added fact that a lot of employers are now random testing people for drink and drug use.

Have a nice 'stoned' holiday, go back to work and lose your job.

I think those employers will be having legal problems themselves.. so I'm calling BS on this scare tactic..

Legal here. Legal/not Legal there depends on the country/state of residence..

Google for many stories companies dropping cannabis testing..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It's unlikely anything will change IMHO.

Too many expensive business are opening to cater to the recreational smoker.

Thai people/authorities are very good at talking, without ever actually doing.

I actually hope it doesn't change but they keep on saying 'medicinal' not 'recreational'. I just wonder what it means? 

17 hours ago, whereyougo said:

People here have been critizing Thailand for its draconian drug laws . So they did something about it and immediately  the Karens all come out predicting doom and gloom . Honestly this forum now only has pure entertainment value 

Since you like to call people names, where is the one for 'the People here (who) have been critizing Thailand for its draconian drug laws'?  .

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Such forum members, and I am proud to count myself as one, are thoughtful and socially conscious individuals who ought to be commended for their ability and willingness to focus on these social concerns, and for their unwillingness to turn a blind eye to them just because they might stand in the way of a desire to satisfy one's individual needs for gratification.

You just made me throw up!  You are not so thoughtful..

Whatever happened to "live and let live"? Or "not my cup of tea"

No, you want to rain on the parade.

We don't care about your hurt sensibilities. We are in the driver's seat now... Buckle up.

This is absolutely a positive for Thailand's tourism business. There is no downside.

"Darling, we must cross Thailand off our bucket list. They've just legalized marijuana.."   555

5 minutes ago, bobbin said:

We don't care about your hurt sensibilities. We are in the driver's seat now... Buckle up.

yep seat belts on, air bags in place, one hand on the wheel and the other holding a joint, you’re  away! 

oooooops 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bobbin said:

If this comment doesn't send chills down the spines of Thai policy makers, I don't know what will.

Edited by Gecko123