Russian oligarch arrives in Samui on 3.9 billion baht super yacht - Thai media laps it up but eyebrows raised elsewhere

webfact

6 minutes ago, rumak said:

All the usual political experts having a go at each other.

Always amazes me how steadfast and sure peoples views are ....... all based on which propaganda  news outlet they are dead set on believing.

When there are so many bragging of their IQ .............. I can tell they are as deluded about that as they are about the TRUTH  they are being fed  daily over the airwaves.

They also think Google is their friend .      hahahahaha    yeah,  right

oh well,  forums will be forums .     

Is there an actual point to your post aside from failing miserably at projecting a sense of superiority above all other posters here? Do share your go to source for news ????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I don't live there. no plans to go there, no plans to invest in rubles, et al. Add to that I cannot personally influence anything that is happening in most countries in the world. 

Other than possible adding to hypertension there is no point in even considering it. 

You've become Thai! If it isn't in your bubble you don't care about it.

10 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Wow, 19 people with 6 cabins, I reckon there's some 3somes going on. ????

Something wrong there, 6 cabins for 13 passengers, and only 6 crew. I know a lot of yachties and there’s no way there were only 6 crew. Probably the numbers are the other way round, 13 crew, 6 passengers. 
Ps, sleeping shared cabins are usually counted apart .

The shipyards and workers, suppliers, didn't complain when these behemoths were all being built the last 15 years.   These ships including Jeff bezos one are the display of wealth disparity.   Look at that tub.  N0 way it was planned with only 2 in mind.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Putln  crony oligarchs are all citizens. 55555

Putin's crony oligarchs are all citizens of the United Kingdom, Israel, European Union and the Carribbean islands.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AllanA said:

Thailand supports Russia so the rich dudes yacht is safe in Thailand but I’m sure Thailand will loose quite a few tourists from a lot of the world but especially Europe as it’s supports Russia . . . 

I think Thailand's official position is one of neutrality. That means neither support or condemnation. We don't know for sure what is actually going on behind the scenes. Stating that Thailand supports Russia is to imply that they agree and encourage the invasion of Ukraine, that I think is not really the case! 

In any event, too scared to join the "Sanctioning Club" or to openly state support for Russia.

• Like 1

Thais welcomed them. Thais have no morals and will sell themselves to the highest bidder. The rest of the world would  seize and impound this superyach but Thailand are only interested in money no matter where it comes from.  The Thai government supports Myanmar as well as Russia. The Superyacht is only here because nowhere else will accept it. They are looking for a safe haven and they knew Thais are weak when i comes to money.

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

???? Yep

UN warns of hunger risk as talks stall over Ukraine grain blockade

A deal to allow Ukrainian food exports was “essential for hundreds of millions of people in developing countries, including in sub-Saharan Africa”, Guterres said on Wednesday. The war was “threatening to unleash an unprecedented wave of hunger and destitution, leaving social and economic chaos in its wake”, he added.

https://www.ft.com/content/5946a436-b27c-49b2-8ced-470442a03e86

Well this might blow your mind.

While grain is not sanctioned, all Russian ships are and not only not allowed to dock but even pass through some waters and run a risk of being seized.

As i said brain washed people are simply incapable of independent thinking 

And just for the record, Africa is NOT Russian biggest buyers, Turkey, Iran and Egypt are 

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

You might as well have deleted Ukraine and inserted Russia in the second paragraph. Ukraine hasn't invaded any of its neighbours, never intended to, and has been careful not to land missiles on Russian territory wherever possible. All the talk of denazification of Kiev and liberation of Russian speakers in Donbas is for the enjoyment of the media-washed Russians who can't get any other news. You've got it all back to front, like so many anti NATO proponents. All the "what about this" and "what about that". Where does it get you? The clear and present danger is Putin's invasion of the Ukraine, nothing more nor less. How anybody can point the finger at the Ukraine and say "There's the problem" I have no idea. It's clueless, and wilfully blind.

Flashnews for you Russia is not the one beating its chest screaming democracy, neither are there any posters claiming Russia was one

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Why bring the USA into your comment?

2114 US sponsored coup of Ukraine govt,

installation of upper leaders,

and subsequent slaughter of 1000s

Russian speakers in East.?

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

The super rich.   Where did you money come from?  In many parts of the world, nobody cares.  If you have money, you are a GOD.   A living God.   

As 10,000 expats living on 20 baht noodle soup yell, "Life isn't fair!!"

No, it is not my good backpacker, expat, noodle drinker........no, it is not.

4 billion super yacht.   It's not like the war just started, and yet they roam free......

living the super rich lifestyle.....

OK, time to eat my noodle soup

You forget that between the noodle soup eater and the super rich, there's the middle class! The middle class can afford a lot of confort, can travel, can visit Icon Siam without shopping anything! The middle class rocks! Down with the super rich, the middle class is the saviour of Thailand! 

Perhaps he is applying for the new 10 year visa for wealthy ex-pats and the yacht is his proof of income. I assume he will buy a condo in Patts and spend his time down walking street, Or i might have just made all this rubbish up as i want to fit in here .

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, toho said:

For me incredible that some persons liked your post: probably people from the Russian embassy or other nitwits, who do not give a damn about democracy but try to influence world politics and democracies around the world with fake news and lies.

Let us hope that Putin will face his creator soon. 

OR...maybe they're just a we bit more worldly, and have a better knowledge & understanding of the historical situation and how it has played out to where it is today.

Does restore one's faith ????

image.png.20d065a68ea3ba5d09f8be88291f0643.png

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Alexander Svetakov is close to Putin and been on the US official "oligarch list" for a long time. His yacht is named as one for seizure 

He has not been sanctioned and his yacht has not been listed as to be seized.  The article that you linked just shows a photo of the boat as one of a few owned by wealthy Russians, it does not state that he is sanctioned, that the boat is sanctioned or that it, specifically, should be seized.

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If Thailand is really neutral on Putin's war crimes of choice at the very least they should eject such vessels from all Thai ports, da?

The boat is not owned by Putin, the owner has not been accused of war crimes, neither has he or the boat been sanctioned.  Refusing it entry would be evidence of absolute partisanship, not neutrality.

• Like 1