Russian oligarch arrives in Samui on 3.9 billion baht super yacht - Thai media laps it up but eyebrows raised elsewhere

webfact

4 minutes ago, sead said:

You think the NATO are going successfully out of this war, well as it seems now it doesn't seem so

Nato's already won the moment Putin invaded and successfully increased the size of NATO with Norway and Sweden in the process of joining

Edited by Bkk Brian

5 minutes ago, sead said:

You think the NATO are going successfully out of this war, well as it seems now it doesn't seem so

Elaborate please…your intent seems a bit vague. Thanks.

Edited by Fore Man

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nato's already won the moment Putin invaded and successfully increased the size of NATO with Norway and Sweden in the process of joining

Hope you are right in your assumption but there’s always concern when you push a bully into a corner.  Putin just may come out fighting…and unfairly too.  A weakened Russia is no match against a fully energized, reinvigorated NATO….but only for as long as any ensuing combat remains conventional.  Once Putin feels compelled to respond with nuclear options, things quickly will turn ugly and not just for European-based populations.  This man is not only a megalomaniac but very likely insane too.

1 hour ago, Fore Man said:

Once Putin feels compelled to respond with nuclear options, things quickly will turn ugly

and that's exactly why they should take him out ....   I'm sure the US could take him out if they really wanted to ....   

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

and that's exactly why they should take him out ....   I'm sure the US could take him out if they really wanted to ....   

Maybe.  The real issue is not just finding him, but fixing him in place.  We know through various media sources that he has multiple rings of fanatically-dedicated personal security details protecting him. These PSDs are carefully vetted and their loyalty unquestioned.  I’ve no doubt that we (USA & its allies) certainly have amazing intelligence capabilities established and sometimes the issue isn’t taking out a FBG as much as making it appear to be a tragic accident and not an outright assassination.  But let’s keep our fingers crossed.  This thug posing as a sovereign ruler needs to be deposed, but there needs to be some assurance that his replacement isn’t seen as even more despotic.  From what I’ve gleaned, the expected understudy just might be even worse.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fore Man said:

Elaborate please…your intent seems a bit vague. Thanks.

The whole world is in a chaos and loosing 50x more than Russia. Just because USA and NATO are forcing Ukraine into it. They are now making countries such as India, China more aware of NATO strategies and will soon form a coalition to protect themselves. With own banktransfer systems that ain't controlled by USA or EU.

Meaning buying oil in close future will not be forced to be bought in USD and then converted again. Instead direct transfers between rubel-rupee will be made. India and China are the 2 biggest countries with cheap workers and big exports. Dear God what would happen if those start to apply duty taxes etc. Now without the fertilizers from Ukrain and Russia next year's crop will be EXPENSIVE and just wait for end of years gasprices. 

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Naah. Turkey will never allow Sweden since Sweden wot give any insurgents over to Turkey 

• Confused 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

That's right, if the promises are not kept, you are assuming Sweden will not fulfill them, why?

Because Sweden is the world's biggest humanity country. You don't have to bet with me but I'll gladly give 1000thb if Sweden accepts those terms. Only if they change terms it's possible

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sead said:

Because Sweden is the world's biggest humanity country. You don't have to bet with me but I'll gladly give 1000thb if Sweden accepts those terms. Only if they change terms it's possible

I wouldn't want to take your money correct. When a country such as Sweden makes a promise I tend to believe it rather than you.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That's right, if the promises are not kept, you are assuming Sweden will not fulfill them, why?

Because it's not illegal to be a member in the Gulen movement in Sweden. Sweden doesn't rate Kurds as terrorists. Hence Sweden will rather protect its rights than being a member of NATO.

it's just a scheme by USA AND NATO

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sead said:

Because it's not illegal to be a member in the Gulen movement in Sweden. Sweden doesn't rate Kurds as terrorists. Hence Sweden will rather protect its rights than being a member of NATO.

it's just a scheme by USA AND NATO

Scheme.

Schmeme.

Sometime should tell Sweden that they didn’t actually choose to seek NATO membership then.

On 7/18/2022 at 3:03 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

So we should confiscate everything any Americans owns from this point too? To punish them for multiple wars, illegal invasions and the deaths of millions?

What logic is that with people nowadays, to punish all citizens of a country just because the governments actions. If you ask me we should do a hunt on all people who think and speak like this, and get rid of them ASAP, they are the cause of so much unrest globally.

The oligarchs that surround Putin are part of his coterie of supporters. They are tied to him because he demanded 50% of their assets to stay oligarchs. Those who did not comply were jailed, became refugees, or disappeared. They have benefited just as much as Putin has from the corruption in Russia.

AFAIK American billionaires such as Bezos, Musk, Gates and Buffett never had any ties with politicians, which makes your post a false equivalence.

Sanctions are supposed to work by punishing all the citizens in a country, based on the proposition angry people can bring about regime change.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I guess that's why Russia had a 50 km long column of tanks heading towards Kyiv. Until it got mauled rather badly.

Think USA put more into Vietnam than Russia into Ukraine. Me not think USA won the war. Do you

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Has it occurred to you that Turkiye's demands can be met in other ways? Ever heard of bargaining chips?

Yes. And I said that in the post before. Only if the change the arrangement

10 minutes ago, sead said:

His invasion was not about NATO expansion, if you believe this you have no idea and carried out little research into why he attacked Ukraine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Actually there is no such written and then signed agreement about NATO expansion.

Maybe (and maybe not) there was a handshake on this behind closed doors, but there is no such written signed agreement about NATO expansion.

If you know of such, please point out the signed agreement - and show the EXACT signed agreement and wording where I have my facts wrong.

I can thou, point to you a signed agreement, where (after fall of Soviet Union) that when Ukraine gave up its nuclear weapons, that Russia (and USA) signed a document stating they would not invade Ukraine.

Sadly, Russia broke that agreement.

Exactly. There's no written statement. Only words from those involved. Not everything was written down at those times. Now we know how important that is

4 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Actually there is no such written and then signed agreement about NATO expansion.

Maybe (and maybe not) there was a handshake on this behind closed doors, but there is no such written signed agreement about NATO expansion.

If you know of such, please point out the signed agreement - and show the EXACT signed agreement and wording where I have my facts wrong.

I can thou, point to you a signed agreement, where (after fall of Soviet Union) that when Ukraine gave up its nuclear weapons, that Russia (and USA) signed a document stating they would not invade Ukraine.

Sadly, Russia broke that agreement.

Yes, it was the Budapest Memorandum. A total stitch up.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum_on_Security_Assurances

• Thanks 1