Massage

kangeroo

Hello everyone '

Where can a person get a good thai oil full body massage in Pattaya,dont want any EXTRAS just a good massage so that when i walk out i feel like i have had a bit of a work out and feel nice and loose.

I know of a thai blind massage shop,it's near tukcom pattaya thai (south road). if you came out of tukcoms rear doors and followed the soi back to there carpark,then as you turn left into the carpark soi it's just on the left in a small shophouse,very reasonbly priced and a good massage,also helps to support the blind people.

Hello everyone '

Where can a person get a good thai oil full body massage in Pattaya,dont want any EXTRAS just a good massage so that when i walk out i feel like i have had a bit of a work out and feel nice and loose.

Well Roo, I cracked up when I read this one ! where you been hopping arround the outback ? with all those girls in Patters, a blind man could find a good massage !

Best of luck !

....with all those girls in Patters, a blind man could find a good massage !

I think that is the point, the light weight girls of Patttaya do not have enough muscle or mass to apply pressure to give a good Thai massage. They can certainly provide a pleasant tourist rub and indeed will prefer to offer an oily rub - less effort and charge more.

If you want a rub with a happy finish go for a Pattaya girl, if you want a massage find something more serious and work your way up to a heavy set man for a few hours.

Hello everyone '

I'm probably going to get skewered for this, but here goes:

It's a very good question.

When I first came to Thailand I went crazy on Thai Massages (non-sexual) and ended up being nearly crippled as a result. I came to the conclusion that very few so called masseur/s(es) knew what they were doing and were just pretending.

My GF and I have had quite a few massages at the Jomtien Complex's Blind Massage Institute, and generally they were quite disappointing. We would often give them specific areas of the body to concentrate on, but always these requests were ignored and they just went about their massages by rote.

Mostly they were very unattentive and more interested in their friends and cell phones to be giving much attention to the customer. We've tried both the oil AND Thai massages there.

My guess is that they are just too busy to offer much personal service because they were always very busy and almost fully booked most of the times we attended.

If you think about it, there's no reason why a young blind person should be any better at massage than a seeing person and it's just a gimmick. My idea of a blind masseus/er is a 50-60 year old who has a very experienced "feel" for the human body.

Sure, it supports the blind which is great, but I'm talking about getting a good massage for your money and this is not really the place.

Generally I would say that massages in Thailand are cheap, and you get what you pay for in this kingdom of pretend massage.

Edited by tropo

I've been away up North for a long time, but when I lived in Pattaya, I pretty much hit Silom Sauna on Soi 3 at Least 3 times a week! Old men's club style place, whirlpool, small pool, sauna, steam, pretty good massage, not earth shattering, but worth a try. Charlie Chaplin's across the Soi for a beer after (or before). Wow, I miss the place now that I'm talking about it. Still won't get me back to Pattaya anytime soon.

hi veryone .

thanks for the reply ,yes its easy to get any of them little darlings to give me a massage but to find a really good sports massage is not easy.

But i can see the funny side of it .

Cheers and thanks roo.

but to find a really good sports massage is not easy.

That's exactly the type of massage I like. Deep tissue sports massage.

In reality, for anyone to be good at this sort of massage, they're going to have to study and train for years. It's a full-on profession in the real world.

Has anyone tried the massage at Tony's gym, or that expensive looking place on Pattaya Nua. I can't remember its name. It's on the left side heading toward the bus station. Is it Massage Palace or something???

Generally I would say that massages in Thailand are cheap, and you get what you pay for in this kingdom of pretend massage.

Agreed! :o

Great, I'm glad someone agrees. I'm still expecting flame on this one. :D:D:D

....with all those girls in Patters, a blind man could find a good massage !

I think that is the point, the light weight girls of Patttaya do not have enough muscle or mass to apply pressure to give a good Thai massage. They can certainly provide a pleasant tourist rub and indeed will prefer to offer an oily rub - less effort and charge more.

If you want a rub with a happy finish go for a Pattaya girl, if you want a massage find something more serious and work your way up to a heavy set man for a few hours.

Well if you and Mr Roo prefer the heavyweights, if you are ever in London I know a couple of Black girls, both about 16 stone and 44 inch in the upper regions they will put you right Kill or cure ! I much prefer a 7 stone thai. Then I am not into sports massage.

I think that is the point, the light weight girls of Patttaya do not have enough muscle or mass to apply pressure to give a good Thai massage. QUOTE

If you think ''Light weight girls'' are not strong enough you are going to the wrong places.

Try Pothivej Massage on 2nd road next to the Shell garage.

I have used them for over 10 years

TROPO-"If you think about it, there's no reason why a young blind person should be any better at massage than a seeing person and it's just a gimmick. My idea of a blind masseus/er is a 50-60 year old who has a very experienced "feel" for the human body"

Yes, I tried the Thai Blind massagage in the Jomtien complex,the massage was cheap,120baht for 1 hour,a young blind guy was massaging me but i found it a very hard painful massage and i had to tell him many times.Usually i love deep tissue type massages but this guy was using the point of his elbow to massage the bone of the edge my shoulder blades.

Overall it was a cheap price but a painful massage.

What I am looking for is a "chinese type" massage where they walk on your back,cracking your back etc.

Its hard to find a good massage,sometimes you strike it lucky with the beach masseurs.

The only thing you can do is to go around and try massages to see what is the best,but at 200 baht a massage,and some of them DEMAND a tip it can be expensive.

Who knows,maybe someone on here knows a good cchinese or japanese style massage?

I like A.N.G. Healing Touch on 2nd Road, opposite Caesar Palace Hotel. Speak with Manit Chularatnaphol the Chief Therapist and tell him what kind of massage you would like. There's no hanky-panky at this massage shop. Tel: 038 420 357

I've tried quite a few of the usual massage, reflexology places, great if you fancy a skin rub, but definately not if you want a good sports massage, some of the girls are small but they do have incredibly stong hands and wrists, its a shame they arent proper massuers though

The majority do give a decent fooot massage though

I never found a decent massage in any of the 'overpriced' spa's either, just a lot of flannel and smellly candles (hot stones, I mean what the heck is that all about and the tea thing after :o

The missus werent struck on the skin toning or after sun thing either

I'd like to know where to get a decent sports massage as well, and no extras

The sports massuers over here cost 30 quid a half hour, but by JC, you have had a massage :D

Edited by pepsi666

Sure, it's easy to find body rubs everywhere in town. I've just given up trying to find a real sports massage.

Please everyone be careful when it comes to "Thai massage" by untrained people (most of them) in Pattaya. They really can do a lot of damage, especially if you have a frail back, and can be particularly dangerous to the neck. They tug and push your limbs in directions they've probably never been before, and most of these "masseurs" are unaware of how far your limbs can go before causing injury.

If anyone must have a "massage", it's much safer to stick to the oil type.

hello ,

Well the best massage i had was a guy that took care of the football team in geelong near melbourne australia. he knew how to get rid of every little strain or pulled muscle or twisted knee he was very good at getting rid of the inflamation which often causes the pain, far better than going to the doctor and recieving some drug for two weeks. Even for relaxation he was very good.

Cheers Kangeroo.

I've had quite a few outstanding massages in Patters. Unfortunately one gal I really liked went back to Taiwan. She had brilliant hands. I ask for strong hands and normally aren't disappointed. Must admit not a big fan of oil - like a good normal rub down for 2hrs.

There's a very good beauty/massage shop called "Freshy" for Male & Females on Soi Greenway for those living the other side of the highway.

If you're on the highway heading south, turn left at the Grenway driving range - now has a 7/11 on the corner (suprise) - go over the railway line and it's about 300 metres on the left.

If you like foot reflexology, Edward's Refleology on the road that all the cars turn right before Walking Street is the best in South East Asia. In the US, it is about $100. dollars per hour for the exact same thing! :o

Beware of being prodded by those wooden sticks they use for foot refexology. I had pain and difficulty walking for months after the stick slipped. (Not at Edward's) Now I do my own feet.

If you like foot reflexology, Edward's Refleology on the road that all the cars turn right before Walking Street is the best in South East Asia. In the US, it is about $100. dollars per hour for the exact same thing! :D

Beware of being prodded by those wooden sticks they use for foot refexology. I had pain and difficulty walking for months after the stick slipped. (Not at Edward's) Now I do my own feet.

I wouldn't go anywhere that uses those wooden sticks either. Edwards doesn't allow them.

REAL Relexologists don't use them; They use their fingers. :o

The Rasayana Retreat do a 60 minutes Sports Massage for 1,500 baht. :o

Do you have details?

Where is this resort?

How was the massage?

What qualifications do the staff have?

I haven't been there. I came across a pamphlet when clearing piles of paper from my desk - somebody had advised me to buy their raw food.

It's part of the Fairtex Sports Club on North Pattaya road.

Have to agree with some others, that the TBMI (blind massage in Jomtien complex) is dire. Have been a few times, usually alright, never good, but will never go there again, the last massage was dreadful and also had mobile phones ringing, masseuses chatting with each other. If they can't be bothered to give a good service and surroundings, then I can't be bothered to give them my money any more.

Don't have any recommendations, because I'm still struggling to find a consistently good masseuse ... can recommend one in Chiang Mai, but guess that's a bit far to go for your massage :o