Customers take off their masks the most when at entertainment venues

snoop1130

pub-bar-reopens-1024x683-1-630x420.jpg

PHOTO: Prachachat

The Department of Health Service Support revealed its online survey today, indicating that customers in entertainment places tend to remove their masks the most, with less than 1 percent not wearing them at all.

Director-General Dr. Tares Krassanairawiwong told the Associated Press today, July 19th, that the Department had conducted an online survey among 7,507 participants regarding their individual preference for voluntary mask wearing after the mask mandate cancellation between 17 and 30 June.

It was found that 6.3 percent of the total participants chose to wear masks strictly as the same when it was regulated by law, 62.8 percent said they chose to take off the mask in some areas, while 0.9 percent chose not to wear a mask at all.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/07/19/customers-take-off-their-masks-the-most-when-at-entertainment-venues-thailands-health-service-support-reports/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-07-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Department of Health Service Support revealed its online survey today, indicating that customers in entertainment places tend to remove their masks the most, with less than 1 percent not wearing them at all.

And it coninues. I love this rubbish it puts a smile on my face. You just can't make this stuff up. 

• Like 1

This country never ceases to amaze. Can Director-General Dr. Tares Krassanairawiwong please educate us all as to how we are going to eat and drink wearing a mask?

Even more worrying, he's a doctor, supposedly one of their brightest citizens?

Next they'll expect us to eat pu$$y while wearing a mask..... Duh, my brain hurts.

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, dinsdale said:

And it coninues. I love this rubbish it puts a smile on my face. You just can't make this stuff up. 

And it indicates that the Department of Health Services has far above average the number of mentally challenged employees

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What arouses my curiosity is the fact that the survey is done by the government.

" (Health Service Support) Department had conducted an online survey among 7,507 participants regarding their individual preference for voluntary mask wearing after the mask mandate cancellation between 17 and 30 June."

How did they choose their participants for the survey? Is this a large or small sample size for this kind of inquiry? Are there any independent polling agencies in Thailand? 

With the government conducting its own research they of course undermine their own credibility as they can easily be accused of collecting data simply to support  any narrative they want to push forward due to the fact they can include or omit any part of the data they choose. Is the purpose of this survey an effort to gather "evidence" should the government choose to close entertainment venues once again if the number of COVID cases surges higher in the coming weeks? 

"According to the results, people would remove their masks when they were visiting entertainment venues. Such behavior could be at risk of spreading Covid-19. And if they were sharing the same glasses, it could be risking behaviors of getting infections as well,” Dr. Thares said.

This entire effort could be sincere, but why not an independent polling agency? 

"Statistics don't lie but people lie who use statistics."