Tourism Authority Targets 30 Million Tourists in 2023

snoop1130

Using TAT's methods, my Budget for my company would read as follows:

Sales for next year are forecast to be between 500 billion and 10 billion. 

The first number assumes our current customers continue to buy our products and the second is based on the assumption that they don't.  Net Profits, which normally amount to about 5% of sales, will (optimistically) follow the same pattern.

4 hours ago, micmichd said:

They don't have to. Thailand is already on top of tourist destinations worldwide. 

I'm sure i have seen adverts for Thai airways on TV ("smooth as silk" is the slogan if i remember correctly) not seen one for a while though, maybe the money has run out.  however, for several reasons, I have never been tempted to fly on one of their planes

Almost every week there is a TAT prediction about the future numbers of tourists. Is there a statistic that shows the forecast accuracy of the last 5 years? Or which prediction was correct in the last 5 years? If the number is zero, it would make sense to stop this prediction and crystal ball reading and spend the money on more important things.

• Like 1

I am sure people are just lining up to come to Thailand to get ripped off, after all their own countries are ripping them off right now, so why not Thailand.  On the downside, they may not have any money left to go to Thailand to be ripped off.

• Thanks 1

Meantime British Airways announce they won't be reinstating their LHR-BKK flights until next year at the earliest. 

How many other airlines have taken a similar stance or are flying fewer planes into Thailand?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

All depends in how people  get a visa  for their stay. If they make  them go thru hoops or make it reasonable. i have my ticket for jan,now checking in getting the right visa and info from the embassy. They maybe right but all depends on a few factors and  then they will return

30 million quality tourists hungry for Pad Thai! If each one eats 3 Pad Thais during their stay in LOS, we have 90 million Pad Thais being sold in 2023. Let's average the price of each Pad Thai at 100 Baht, so we have 1 billion Baht or about 250 million Us$... Not bad, not bad... 

On 7/21/2022 at 12:40 PM, Bday Prang said:

I'm sure i have seen adverts for Thai airways on TV ("smooth as silk" is the slogan if i remember correctly) not seen one for a while though, maybe the money has run out.  however, for several reasons, I have never been tempted to fly on one of their planes

they moved the "Thailand - even more amazing" campaign to the comedy channel