Great service here today in Pattaya for vaccination booster and 90 day report.

I agree that dealing with Pattaya Immigration is usually easy and quick - depending of course on how many are the queue.  For my annual extensions, I am usually anywhere from first to sixth in the queue.  The time I was sixth, I was still in and out within 30 minutes - but if using Pattaya Immigration, you do have to go back the next day to pick up the passport.  The key of course is having all your documents in order.  I also find the fees are reasonable.

Although many westerners complain about Thai Immigration, maybe they should compare the hassle and cost that those dealing with their home country's immigration offices to our experiences with Thai Immigration.

Some of my friends in USA that had to deal with US Immigration offices faced long lines, lots of paperwork, and high fees.  In my previous employment, I had cause to visit Federal Buildings in different major cities -- I noted that for many, there were often block long lines waiting outside the Federal building to get in the door to where the US Immigration office was located. 

• Thanks 1

Whilst I agree with OP that Bolt Taxis are very good and cheap, the service for the vaccinations are efficient, well organized and free. Certainly cheaper than the UK or US

If I were in the UK I would not be doing a 90 day report, I hope??

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Everything is so easy here. At one o'clock called a BOLT cab it came in minutes. Cheap as chips to Royal  Garden  Mall Applied for my 4th jab. From start to finish it took about 15 minutes. Very efficient and well organised and free. Called a BOLT taxi to take me to immigration. Found the 90 day report table outside, submitted passport received it back 30 minutes later. SWEET. Walked along beach rd until  a baht bus picked me up and took  me nearly to my door.  Everything  done easy fast and cheap unlike the UK. Amazing  Thailand!

You're on a roll mate.

Did you buy any lottery tickets? If so what are your numbers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jesimps said:

Strange that, I never had any problems doing stuff in the UK. I just popped everything in the post, accompanied by a cheque if payment was needed. That was 15 years back, before I moved here, so maybe things have changed.

Wasted two days of my life a few weeks back just to renew my five year driving licence. I'll be wasting another few days next month doing my one year marriage visa. I'd hardly say it was "fast and easy".

I know I know, if I don't like it here I can always move back home. 

A cheque! Lol..In the UK Passports are taking up to 3 months! IF IF you can get service

And DRIVING LICENSES..forget it!!!

Utilities- electricity- a disaster- Black cabs- only for  millionaires!

Water too much rain not enough  rain etc. The UK is a miserable dump currently with rocketing prices fuel at two pounds  a litre etc etc - terrible  rising  crime rates Airports floundering...thousands of stranded passengers and lost bags...

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Called a BOLT taxi to take me to immigration. Found the 90 day report table outside, submitted passport received it back 30 minutes later.

I did my 90 day reporting online yesterday for the very 1st time, took about 5 minutes and received confirmation shortly after.

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/register/add

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

A cheque! Lol..In the UK Passports are taking up to 3 months! IF IF you can get service

And DRIVING LICENSES..forget it!!!

Utilities- electricity- a disaster- Black cabs- only for  millionaires!

Water too much rain not enough  rain etc. The UK is a miserable dump currently with rocketing prices fuel at two pounds  a litre etc etc - terrible  rising  crime rates Airports floundering...thousands of stranded passengers and lost bags...

Don't forget the Royal Mail are going on strike and the railway strikes are continuing. Fancied a cottage pie in Tesco's the other day. When I saw it was priced at £8.50 I put it back on the shelf.

26 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Don't forget the Royal Mail are going on strike and the railway strikes are continuing. Fancied a cottage pie in Tesco's the other day. When I saw it was priced at £8.50 I put it back on the shelf.

Ironically western food is now cheaper here in supermarkets than UK and expensive  restaurants are insanely  cheap.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2022 at 10:25 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Ironically western food is now cheaper here in supermarkets than UK and expensive  restaurants are insanely  cheap.

What western foods are cheaper.

Not my HP sauce ....????

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 10:33 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Which Western  foods are cheaper in Thailand than in the U.K ?

Looks like the Hammer couldn't answer the question.

He doesn't take well to being questioned????

I gave up comparing years ago, no point to it.

For the UK knockers.

UK has it's problems, it's called democracy.

I hope all of you have good health insurance or have a UK address of convenience.

I can ride my motorbike in the UK without playing Russian roulette.

The op was praising "Amazing Thailand" because he was expecting a day of waiting and administration.

You pay your money and take your choice. 50% UK, 50% Thailand is my choice.