Why are there so many haters on this site?

Think it's normal and healthy to look at the positives and negatives of where you are. Reading a nuanced discussion is welcome. Reading about someone getting upset over an extra 100 baht at a national park or the fact that a few forms need completing once a year, with no thoughtful solution offered, gets old fast.

I will say when people put 'democracy' in inverted commas it tends to be because they think that, as no democracy is perfect, that democracy is not something to aim for. Disagree. But I'll leave it to the news section to elaborate on those type of topics. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Bye bye, don't let the door hit your butt. You are obviously not fit for Thailand / have never bothered to understand the country and the people you were coming to visit / work with. 

No............????

5 hours ago, reflectionx said:

Just wondering why are there so many haters here that keep complaining about Thailand and praising the western “democracy”, yet, they are not lining up at the gates for international departures.

Give it time 'reflectionx'. Once upon a time we were all the same as you and couldn't see the 'forest for the trees'. No doubt that in time you will become one of us.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Haha 2

Haters.......yes, they hate themselves.     That is a fact.  They (haters) have given up...... for....

nice built house, amenities....................one room, fan

real beef, wine, etc..............................fake and cheap "meat"

clean air.............................polluted air

safe roads...............................death roads

no passport...........................90 day check-in

expensive (need money).................cheap (can be poor)

social life-.....................................alone

healthy diet.........................................7 11

morals...........................................bars and bar girls

opportunity............................nothing

seasons..........................................death heat

I definitely won't retire in Thailand, and I know what it is..... a place to simply go off the grid and escape for a few years before returning to reality.  it's a scarlet letter for sure....means things went wrong in your home country and you need a break.  luckily I can go back.  

if stuck here forever and unable to enjoy nice things, I can imagine how someone gets very bitter.  who wants to be stuck on a motorbike eating 20 baht noodle soup and thinking they are successful?    so you hate. lol.  

• Confused 4
  • Sad 10