Why are there so many haters on this site?

another observation................all falangs must submit to the Thai.  Thais own us.  We must smile or get deported.  We cannot argue.  We must do everything for them, we are the visitor.  

but when a falang goes online or meets another falang....It's complain city!!!!!   Complain about everything forever.   Meet a falang, he will complain for 100 hours.   Then he will see a Thai and smile and become the weakest mouse in the world.   then off to the bar.

The word "hate" is a little strong............I would say "frustrated".  

now get your Tm 6, 30, 99, 832, 2343, 84, 459 in order or I'll call immigration!!  lol

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Iamfalang said:

another observation................all falangs must submit to the Thai.  Thais own us.  We must smile or get deported.  We cannot argue.  We must do everything for them, we are the visitor.  

but when a falang goes online or meets another falang....It's complain city!!!!!   Complain about everything forever.   Meet a falang, he will complain for 100 hours.   Then he will see a Thai and smile and become the weakest mouse in the world.   then off to the bar.

The word "hate" is a little strong............I would say "frustrated".  

now get your Tm 6, 30, 99, 832, 2343, 84, 459 in order or I'll call immigration!!  lol

Perhaps change your bar venue....????

25 minutes ago, phetphet said:

The list goes on and on. Feel free to add more.

When your home country gives you middle finger after you have seen that the grass is greener on the other side.

You can longer vote.

You cannot renew your drivers license from abroad.

You cannot claim on Medicare anymore unless you return for 6 months.

You will be charge 42% capital gains tax on the sale of your residence, calculated from the very 1st day you purchased it, yes 42% from the very 1st day you purchased it.

32% tax on rents payable with no tax threshold.

No deductibles on properties, such as repairs, loans, costs of any kind.

Foreign land tax payable annually.

When you reach the old age pension age you must return to make your application and when approved remain in country for 2 years for it to be made portable for you to receive it in Thailand.

Middle finger back to them ????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, reflectionx said:

Just wondering why are there so many haters here

I'm not sure if you know what the term "hater" means, but what is suggests is that someone doesn't have a genuine issue, but they simply hate the thing they are talking about and are basically concocting things to be able to say something bad.

I'm not sure that this is what happens on this forum.

that keep complaining about Thailand and praising the western “democracy”

Basically people like to complain.  As people raised in the West, foreigners have a very different standards for many contexts.  When someone comes across something that they take issue with, it's common to discuss it with someone else to seek validation that they are correct and the other person is at fault.

yet, they are not lining up at the gates for international departures.

There are probably more pros than cons, but people generally don't feel the need to post "I just had a great interaction where a Thai person was kind to me" because it gets filtered out of the "things to have a moan about" part of the brain.

Don't take things so seriously.  You sound like you're reacting in a very Western way.  Try to be more like Thais, let things go and don't obsess over the negatives.

• Thanks 1

Because this is a forum aimed at foreigners primarily and many on here have nothing better to do than bitch about something just to hear themselves talk    there's a fair amount of helpful people as well

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Simple: Because they can say what they want, anonymously.
These (haters) people are most likely not like this in real life.

But one of the problems with the internet world is the "hiding behind a fictitious name"

Most people are good people. 
Especially Thais.  (they  ain't on here)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You obviously haven't been back to your home country for a while.

My 2Mbht Thai house would cost me 20Mbht back in the UK.

Shudder to think what our < 2 mill house (w/solar) < 5 kms from the surf would cost in USA.   Or our 2 bdrm townhouse rental (6k) walking distance < 1.5 kms to the surf would cost.

Solar system here 350k THB / $10k USD ... USA ... 1 m TBH / $35k USD (Philly metro price)

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Bones said:

Scunthorpe....not all bad. Sir Botham played there at one stage, not sure if footy or cricket.

I am surprised that this town's name didn't get the automatic delete!

As should Penistone and Bolsover.   555

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I am surprised that this town's name didn't get the automatic delete!

As should Penistone and Bolsover.   555

I agree, 'hor' is an unacceptable word nowadays for a hooker... ????

(I note the original word is missing in the quote above - it is s c u n t h o r p e)

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

I agree, 'hor' is an unacceptable word nowadays for a hooker... ????

(I note the original word is missing in the quote above - it is s c u n t h o r p e)

It was WHORE for a lady of the night, as mentioned in The Boxer by S&G.

And the town's name has got a T in it in all posts & quotes.

Edited by KannikaP

9 hours ago, lextsy said:

Western society is boring but you really get used to processes being put in place and those processes being followed. Once you move to Thailand you realise what a cluster f&@k things are.

i recently finished a renovation on my condo, a 2 week job blew out to 3 months, it was escalated to the biggest boss at home pro sukhumviht in Pattaya (who was doing the Reno) who had to personally come to my place on multiple occasions to check the work (all this for a 40k baht job).

A few things which occurred. 
1) Home pro hired anyone as subcontractor and denied liability when the contractors wife who he was “training” cleaned my fridge and table with a scourer. In the end contractor had to pay me out 10k baht for new fridge doors and the table was sent off 3 times to get repaired (before I threw it out the third time)

2) TVs were wrapped in plastic and put face down on the bed. Painting plastic was then put down on the bed and the new painting team stood on 2 out of 3 tvs. Broken. Store Manager gave me 10k off a new TV and staff of course took the broken tv home to fix

3) They robbed me of 500b of classic Thai notes I was collecting 

4) They painted one roof with super gloss wall paint and one wall with matte roof paint 

5) My Thai building manager then said to me once it was all over “Why are you cleaning and painting yourself?” After 3 months of incompetence.

6) 2 brand new Samsung q65 tvs had severe shadowing in the dark and had to return both. Once at the shop I asked if this has happened before and they said no only farang complain ??? Lol

Basically everything had to be done 2 and 3 times, they have not grasped the do it once and do it properly antic because their time is worth so little. 

This is just a snippet of a 5 month working holiday where I decided to renovate a condo. 

Extrapolate this into everyday society, and dealing with “non educated” thais (cannot put everyone in a bucket) or should I say “Not used to western standards” thais. On every single level you come face to face with total incompetence and id say a well raised 11 year old Aussie kid has more common sense than most thais.

(Not talking about BKK or the thais I worked with in an office environment) 

Basically if you are going on a holiday and you don’t need more interaction than ordering a taxi you will run into this continual incompetence. 

Actually the only time things were done to my standards was interacting with my Visa agent who had everything down pat from visa extensions, to getting Thai license and opening a bank account.

My frustration was immense for only 5 months. Imagine being an expat after 20 years, living in a village and dealing with locals on the reg you will probably see they all started off with Rose Colored glasses and slowly the place has made them angry.

saying that…… only 35 days till I’m flying out ???? 

But apart from that .....????

5 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

many people that post regularly on the forum are not even in Thailand.

not sure why they bother !!

I hate that ....????