Why are there so many haters on this site?

23 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Read carefully, wholesale price is much cheaper than 39 and cheap for even your budget.

These are clothes that were destined for US markets, very high quality.

i even found the shops that you have to crawl thru the piles.....lots of US brands my size

• Like 1

Why are there so many haters on this site?  ????

On 7/23/2022 at 3:18 AM, reflectionx said:

Just wondering why are there so many haters here that keep complaining about Thailand and praising the western “democracy”, yet, they are not lining up at the gates for international departures.

Would that make you a "Hater's" hater?  Why are there so many "haters" here that keep complaining about those who criticize Thailand's "democratic" model and various flaws while praising their own systems warts and all? 

Now, I don't consider people who criticize the status-quo to be "Haters."  The word, "Hater", itself is a hate-filled pejorative meant to demean the object of it's own criticism.  Example:  I don't like your criticism therefore I consider you to be a "Hater." and the fact that I've called you a "Hater", defacto, makes you a Hater.

Personally, I don't see things that way.  Where you see a "Hater", I see another human with a viewpoint which is possibly (probably) different than mine.  But nowadays with these current generations, if you criticize a person or a topic of discussion, or a counter-narrative  - than those who disagree just scream: "Hater!!!" at the top of their lungs.  And now that that opinion has been labelled as "Hatred" and it's authors as "Haters!" their viewpoints have been summarily dismissed and rejected. 
When it gets really silly is when we just decide that we hate all "Haters" including ourselves.  That's sad but I see it.  A lot.
Now I don't hate myself, but I've lived long enough to watch generations after my own generation embrace self-hatred and self-loathing.  I find that self-hatred and self-loathing to be a curious thing.  Sort of self-flagellating in an unhealthy sort of way.

My guess is that before 2030 some idiots who hate mes, you, them, they, ours, yours, zi, zer, snap-crackle-and-pop, and anyone different then themselves will set off a nuclear holocaust that ends the existence of everyone who doesn't have a pre-assigned living quarters in a very deep bunker.

And I also consider that hilarious as it's the stuff that was the fodder for thematic fiction written by guys like Kurt Vonnegut.  And it's about to become reality imho because too many people find a reason to "hate."  

"My hatred is a virtuous hatred," these folk will say.  "My hatred supports the current - thing; the current narrative; the current authorized hatred!.  My hatred supports the Party's hatred.  Therefore my hatred is actually -  Love."

Lordy, lordy - there be the shades of Orwellian fiction, 'eh?  But? 
Vonnegut was always more my 'type' of fiction.  Pitch-black humor with no punches held back.

"Billy Pilgrim has become unstuck in time." 
Amen that!

Well 'hater' is an interesting word.

I'd split it into two categories.

1. There is the regular guy, who is just frustrated with the various frustrations any Westerner in Thailand has to deal with. So a few gripes here and there, but read any similar blog anywhere in the world and you get that. So I don't count that as a hater.

2. Then you get to the truly pis$$$ed off. Often in two sub sets, although often intertwined. The guy who cashed in everything at home, and for a multitude of reasons has lost everything. They hate Thailand. Of course a large percentage of that group, it was basically a woman at the heart of it. So they're bitter, and rather than blame their own poor choices, blame the country. It probably makes them doubly bitter since their poor choices also limit their ability to get outta Dodge and go home

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well 'hater' is an interesting word.

I'd split it into two categories.

1. There is the regular guy, who is just frustrated with the various frustrations any Westerner in Thailand has to deal with. So a few gripes here and there, but read any similar blog anywhere in the world and you get that. So I don't count that as a hater.

2. Then you get to the truly pis$$$ed off. Often in two sub sets, although often intertwined. The guy who cashed in everything at home, and for a multitude of reasons has lost everything. They hate Thailand. Of course a large percentage of that group, it was basically a woman at the heart of it. So they're bitter, and rather than blame their own poor choices, blame the country. It probably makes them doubly bitter since their poor choices also limit their ability to get outta Dodge and go home

One could imagine the rhymes and reason why some particular individuals will have little to to do with the Farang community [and creepy/negative associations]. All stereotypes, which apply of course, withstanding. 

44 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

have alot of old navy---north face--columbia...Izod ..yep original and big sizes

I have been to a few of these markeds, and so far not found any originals of any brand I Am familiar with. Some ok copies, but still either colour, seems, the weight of material (quality) or the wrong labels. 

I checked around a few years ago and when you find something that is original, someone is steeling, or the production site produce extra they dump on the marked. Now most companies have an agent at the sites who control the production from start to end, so less chance to have a production company exploiting the quality brands. 

There are production companies that make good copies, but they are still fake. 

I know because I was just about to make a little collection myself to test the marked back home, if it was possible to make a little return and have free travels to and back. COVID made a temporary stop for those plans. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 1:08 AM, Hummin said:

I have been to a few of these markeds, and so far not found any originals of any brand I Am familiar with. Some ok copies, but still either colour, seems, the weight of material (quality) or the wrong labels. 

I checked around a few years ago and when you find something that is original, someone is steeling, or the production site produce extra they dump on the marked. Now most companies have an agent at the sites who control the production from start to end, so less chance to have a production company exploiting the quality brands. 

There are production companies that make good copies, but they are still fake. 

I know because I was just about to make a little collection myself to test the marked back home, if it was possible to make a little return and have free travels to and back. COVID made a temporary stop for those plans. 

brands are no biggie for me as long as its cotton --my size and cheap as i'll leave it behind

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 8:20 AM, Hummin said:
On 7/26/2022 at 2:43 AM, KIngsofisaan said:

Have you ever been to garment factories in Cambodia?

Do you know how to use Google?

Look it up. All the name brands are there.

What exactly do you expect the factory in Cambodia to do with all the clothes made under a specific contract that did not get delivered to meet the contract deadline?

If you did run a sport outlet you would know exactly what happens, yet you have no clue???????

To educate you, they are dumped into the local market, where anyone can buy in bulk pounds. Just like the photo shows.

Your braggadoccio is all it is.

You have proven you know nothing about how this works at all.

You know nothing about how much it costs to make anything in Cambodia. Any clue how much the average garment worker in Cambodia is paid per hour?

Take a drive over and educate yourself. It would be more educational than your false stories here.

Maybe while you are there, visit the Friendship Bridge and stop and ask any of the 100's of people a day pulling loading wagons across the border. Ask they what they bought and how much they paid for it?

I have been there and bought quality items for my family to resell, all you have is fake stories and no idea how the industry even works over here.

Sometimes it is better to say nothing, than to say something everyone will know is not true.

Expand  

Nice try to continue to try to pick a fight when you obvious do not know what to look for when it comes to quality products. Fake or stolen!

Have a good day sir

He made very valid points. There used to be a chain of clothing stores called Export 71 (or 77?) that was very popular with many foreigners due to the range of quality products in farang sizes. Most notably, all the identifying tags had been cut out but I bought Eddie Bauer branded polo's, Levi branded shorts and 5.11 ballistic work wear that were mostly perfect but had fallen foul of the retailers own final quality control,. They had a misaligned print pattern, a pocket seam that wasn't double-stitched or a button that had been sewn on the wrong way round but all ultimately wearable but rejected and destined for the local street markets. Unfortunately, their sources must have placed greater controls or maybe they moved their manufacturing out of Cambodia as the sizes available became more 'Asian' just before the chain stopped trading, maybe a couple of years before Covid hit.