Can't get certificate of residence for license renewal

I put this in the pinned topic but got no response. My Immigration office (Chantaburi) is now not issuing a certificate of residence required for renewal of 5 year driving license. This will be my fourth one. Very helpful of them. As an Australian you can get zero from the Embassy.  Can I get one from another office say Pattaya? An obscure reference on page ? of pinned topic says you can only get it from the office where you do 90 day report. I have no pink card or yellow book I am on a revolving retirement extension living with the wife.

33 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

Look I would have no trouble doing that, in a previous life i would do such things when faced with puerile Catch 22s etc. Bottom line haven't got it, but just in case will have a look

How do you do extension without proof of address. ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Sign in to your wife's house book or her home address. 

I was signed in to father in law before we got our own place. 

Years ago that's what my wife went to do get my name in her house book but our province wouldn't do it that's how I ended up with a yellow book. 

Edited by Kwasaki

17 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Years ago that's what my wife went to do get my name in her house book but our province wouldn't do it that's how I ended up with a yellow book. 

Yellow book is good enough and what I got at father in law house, now I'm in my gf blue book.

• Like 1

My old office needed a request from the authority (DLT or Bank) before it would issue a certificate of residence, then they went to the applicant walking in (Free + 2 days wait) .. Now, im in Khon Khaen (Free and issued within 15 mins) again, I needed to get a requesting letter from the DLT when I was making an appointment - Try getting the DLT to request confirmation of your visa status and address.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, EricTh said:

I can't understand this. Why would your immigration not give you the residence cert when you have been doing that for 3 times already?

Is there something else that we are missing?

Nothing from my end. The two IOs I spoke to referred to a decision by a superior. I understand from another farang who uses the office there was a new boss there earlier this year.

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

How do you do extension without proof of address. ?

My yearly retirement extension. The wife signs a copy of her blue book which doesn't have my name in it. At the same time they have a conversation with her, what does he do, where does he stay, and the reply doesn't work and stays with me.

I'm going to try the provincial DLT office instead of the local Amphur one. I'll ask if the yellow book is acceptable.

The whole thing is really giving me the ***ts, to be asked to jump through hoops. spend days, potentially drive hundreds of kilometres and pay thousands for a routine matter is very demeaning. An annual IDP available online from Australia is currently $42. Too much more run around and that's what Ill do

30 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

I'm going to try the provincial DLT office instead of the local Amphur one. I'll ask if the yellow book is acceptable.

The whole thing is really giving me the ***ts, to be asked to jump through hoops. spend days, potentially drive hundreds of kilometres and pay thousands for a routine matter is very demeaning. An annual IDP available online from Australia is currently $42. Too much more run around and that's what Ill do

The yellow book is proof of address for falangies that what I use for proof of address at yearly extension.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 2:11 PM, Kwasaki said:

Get yourself a yellow book they are supposed to be easy enough to get these days than they were in my day so I read. 

Getting a yellow house registration book very likely involves getting a certificate of residence from immigration.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Bluetongue said:

A foreign driving license and IDP is valid for up to 90 days per entry to Thailand.

Just now, JeffersLos said:

Get a yellow house book, as is your legal right, and you never need one again. ????

Yes, a yellow house registration book never expires.  However, in order to get one, obtaining a certificate of residence from immigration is often one of the requirements.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Yes, a yellow house registration book never expires.  However, in order to get one, obtaining a certificate of residence from immigration is often one of the requirements.

I was requested only these documents by Khet Chatuchak, Bkk -

•  Passport photo page with a Thai translation
  • Marriage certificate together with Thai spouse’s national ID card and own blue house book 
  • 1 witness
  • 5 photos, 1X1 inch

Took about an hour to get it (Pink Id included)

31 minutes ago, Hummin said:

No it is not! Where did you get that information from?

https://perfecthomes.co.th/yellow-book-tabien-baan-thailand/

I got that information in a pamphlet of requirements I got from my Tesaban when I obtained my yellow house registration book.

From your link:

Being Thailand, it probably won’t come as too much of a shock to learn that application requirements for a yellow house book differ wildly from one thesaban or amphoe office to another! 

9 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

That doesn't make any sense.

After all it is Thailand. I needed papas blue book, two witnesses and papa himself the show up + my passport and a translation of my name to Thai.

And 2000 baht because we where not married. The choice was to disagree and wait a month, or pay up, and get it in 30 min. Get signed in to my gf blue book later I did not even need to show up since it was same Ampur and same guy. No extra was required this time.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

A foreigner can't be in a blue book.

Someone is telling porkies

Believe what you want, my name is in her blue book. I even have a translation of it we used to prove we are living together when we now applying for Schengen family reunion.