Married extension

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What method.

Income or money in bank.

Money in bank. Well over 400 required, has been for a few years,  and is second time at CW. First time they wanted a 12 month bank record of ins/outs. And every single page of  passport.

Edited by overherebc

25 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Money in bank. Well over 400 required, has been for a few years,  and is second time at CW. First time they wanted a 12 month bank record of ins/outs. And every single page of  passport.

Surprised.....CW should only require photocopies for required period along with bank letter etc.

Also all pages of pp is way over the top.

If you are using money in bank I wouldn't bother with bank statements.

Might be good idea in future to have designated bank account for immigration purposes.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Surprised.....CW should only require photocopies for required period along with bank letter etc.

Also all pages of pp is way over the top.

If you are using money in bank I wouldn't bother with bank statements.

Might be good idea in future to have designated bank account for immigration purposes.

Thinking about the designated account.

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

You need whatever the officer on the day tells you they need.

As is often the case there is rarely consistency.

Ask them, then follow that instruction, pointless and frustrating but TIT. Good luck.

Got 6 or 7 weeks to go so would be interested in any updates from anyone who has a recent experience on the subject.

44 minutes ago, overherebc said:

If I recall correctly it was your first extension at CW after applying before at another office.

That might of been why they wanted all the extra copies and bank statement. Those should not be required this year.

I have seen no reports by others that needed them at CW.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

If I recall correctly it was your first extension at CW after applying before at another office.

That might of been why they wanted all the extra copies and bank statement. Those should not be required this year.

I have seen no reports by others that needed them at CW.

Good memory. ????

Last office was very easy. Never had a problem with them.

19 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

You need whatever the officer on the day tells you they need.

As is often the case there is rarely consistency.

Ask them, then follow that instruction, pointless and frustrating but TIT. Good luck.

Might get SWMBO to call them soon and see what they say. 

• Like 1

My last two extenson have been marriage extensions at CW since I switch from a retirement extension.  No 12 month bank statement required......just have the required minimum of Bt400K in the bank for 2 months before applying for the marriage extension.   But in each of those extension the immigration officer did look/scan further back than 2 months in my bank passbook....maybe just to see what balance was maintained outside the 2 month period.....I couldn't really say why the officer took 15 seconds or so to look further back in the passbook.

But keep in mind an immigration officer could always ask for a 12 month statement even if using the money in bank method vs monthly income method if they have some concern there is something dodgy about your application, income, passbook, etc..  Not that they would be looking to see if you have at least 400K for each of the 12 months (which is not required) if using the money in bank method, but just to give them a better idea of your available income throughout the year "if for some reason" they have income concerns with your extension application.  I would think them asking for such a letter when using the Bt400K in bank method would be rare and only in those cases were immigration thinks something dodgey is going on and they are just digging to find a reason to not approve the extension.

Is there a BangkokBank at CW that can give you the letter on the spot for very first extension? Not the 12 month thing as guess that's not required for first extension.  Updated passbook at the mall and it just adds a CMB summary line presume that's okay? - i.e. skips months/transactions but all entries above 400k

8 minutes ago, mnomad said:

Is there a BangkokBank at CW that can give you the letter on the spot for very first extension

Yes.

Lower level. 

Regarding updating bankbook...A good option is to make small deposit (100baht) at same time as obtaining letter.

Also ask for photography of this last page of bankbook entry.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mnomad said:

Is there a BangkokBank at CW that can give you the letter on the spot for very first extension? Not the 12 month thing as guess that's not required for first extension.  Updated passbook at the mall and it just adds a CMB summary line presume that's okay? - i.e. skips months/transactions but all entries above 400k

It seems you did not update your bank book on a regular basis.

To be safe it might be wise to get a 2 or 3 month bank statement as a backup to your bank book. They can do one while you wait for it. Just request it when you ask for the letter from them.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 4:01 PM, Pib said:

.....I couldn't really say why the officer took 15 seconds or so to look further back in the passbook.

Obviously he or she was looking for the dash folded into the book.