Long traffic delays at Dover ferry port are fault of Brexit, claim French

onthedarkside

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

The problem is that you are trying to defend the indefensible. You compatriots were totally in the wrong. 

I was replying to a post wrongly claiming that there was no problem in Spain and that the organisation was infinitely better. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Loiner said:

What did the Majorca Daily Bulletin report about last weekend’s delays? None, because there weren’t any. Spanish border control had prepared themselves, unlike the bloodyminded spiteful French. 

Have you ever considered trying to get along with people?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, candide said:

I was replying to a post wrongly claiming that there was no problem in Spain and that the organisation was infinitely better. 

Nothing wrong with that claim. Look at the disruption caused by French border control last weekend. The Spanish had it sorted infinitely better. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Does French border control not know in advance the scheduled arrival times of the ferries? Obviously not in Calais, or else they just decided to ignore them and cause delays to the British. 

What did the Majorca Daily Bulletin report about last weekend’s delays? None, because there weren’t any. Spanish border control had prepared themselves, unlike the bloodyminded spiteful French. 

As usual, you don't show anything to back your assertion. 

Anyway, if Majorca eventually solved its problems after two months of nightmare for UK travellers, I am glad about it.

1. What about Dover now? Any report of long queues? It seems the French have solved thei problems after 2 days.compared to 2 months for Spain.

2. Do you know how Spanish airports claimed they would solve the queue problem? By using e-gates. Now as you consider that passing through sea port checks by car is comparable to airport checks, please explain how to pass cars through e-gates?

16 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Compared to 12 hours and over night in France ?

6 hours in Spain, all day and all night in France 

Happened one day in Dover, during at least two months in Spain.

Edited by candide

1 minute ago, candide said:

Happened one day in Dover, during at least two months in Spain.

So Brexit caused one short delay at Dover/Calais two and a half years after the Brexit rules came in  ?

I have lost track of the point that you are making ?

The travel delay at Dover./Calais was caused by Brexit, but the delay at Dover/Calais wasn't too bad and it was the same in other places ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, candide said:

As usual, you don't show anything to back your assertion. 

Anyway, if Majorca eventually solved its problems after two months of nightmare for UK travellers, I am glad about it.

1. What about Dover now? Any report of long queues? It seems the French have solved thei problems after 2 days.compared to 2 months for Spain.

2. Do you know how Spanish airports claimed they would solve the queue problem? By using e-gates. Now as you consider that passing through sea port checks by car is comparable to airport checks, please explain how to pass cars through e-gates?

What’s going to happen next with them next? I’m sure there will some new issue from Calais border control to disrupt British travel.

Spain has a method to solve its problem. France has not. It’s is up to the French authorities to resolve their problems with a suitable method to prevent queues, not me or Spain. Put enough monkeys on typewriters……… Oh sorry, that brings us back to the French problem again - monkeys forgot to come to work and the typewriter broke. 

16 hours ago, nauseus said:

The other party in of the conversation you chose to join is under the delusion that Russia is part of the G7 and stamps his opinion with this QED show to try to give the impression that he is correct and intelligent.

But the opposite is true, yet you seem to want to agree with him. Up to you. 

There you go again. Introducing completely a completely different matter into the discussion.

In any event, if I have not yet joined the debate, how do you know what my view is? As usual, your conclusion is irrational.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Spain has a method to solve its problem. France has not. It’s is up to the French authorities to resolve their problems with a suitable method to prevent queues, not me or Spain.

Neither France nor Spain have a problem. We do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

Not enough Southern Remainers we’re delayed at Dover for the rest of the whole of UK to actually care. The rest of us don’t nip across the channel to our villas for the school holidays.  

It seems that you might be happier if your (presumably Northern?) city/ town/ hamlet was divorced from the South.

I'm happy to contribute if you decide to start an independence movement.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Loiner said:

What’s going to happen next with them next? I’m sure there will some new issue from Calais border control to disrupt British travel.

Spain has a method to solve its problem. France has not. It’s is up to the French authorities to resolve their problems with a suitable method to prevent queues, not me or Spain. Put enough monkeys on typewriters……… Oh sorry, that brings us back to the French problem again - monkeys forgot to come to work and the typewriter broke. 

Again, definitive assertion without much backing

"Spain has a method to solve its problems". I hope so, considering that other checks: Covid document, money, proof of accommodation, still must be checked manually. + many UK flights cancelled (that was one of the reasons evoked to explain why more people used their car instead)

"France has not". Obviously, it has after last Saturday, so how do you know it hasn't? Let's wait to see how a few week-ends are going.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 5:40 PM, onthedarkside said:

French politicians have blamed the chaos at Dover ferry port which has led to long delays for families travelling to Europe on the introduction of passport checks under Brexit rules.

OK, the travel delays were for 1 or 2 days .

Brexit was blamed .

Now travel is back to normal and there's no longer any delays .

Nothing has changed in regards to Brexit (its still the same)

But there are now no delays .

If Brexit was to blame , wouldn't there still be delays ?

30 minutes ago, RayC said:

It seems that you might be happier if your (presumably Northern?) city/ town/ hamlet was divorced from the South.

I'm happy to contribute if you decide to start an independence movement.

Great idea. We’ll need a lot though, can you afford it with the current exchange rates?
I’ll PM my bank details.  

30 minutes ago, candide said:

Again, definitive assertion without much backing

"Spain has a method to solve its problems". I hope so, considering that other checks: Covid document, money, proof of accommodation, still must be checked manually. + many UK flights cancelled (that was one of the reasons evoked to explain why more people used their car instead)

"France has not". Obviously, it has after last Saturday, so how do you know it hasn't? Let's wait to see how a few week-ends are going.

Spain hasn’t had long queues for months. They have solved their problem. 
You have already intimidated that France can’t decide how to squeeze cars through the autogates, or remind the border guards to come to work and keep the IT going. 

18 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Great idea. We’ll need a lot though, can you afford it with the current exchange rates?
I’ll PM my bank details.  

Great to finally agree on something.

Actually I know a Nigerian Prince who is a billionaire. He's keen to help but needs to grease a few palms to get his hands on his money (you know how it is). Easiest way is if you PM me login details for your banking app, then the Prince and me can take you - I mean it - from there.

Viva la revolution! Freedom!!!!!

Edited by RayC
Addition

23 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You have already intimidated that France can’t decide how to squeeze cars through the autogates, or remind the border guards to come to work and keep the IT going. 

Spain also isn't connected to the UK by ferries which constrict the flow of tourists.

Edited by placeholder
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Loiner said:

I don't get it: you don't care but will not withdraw from the discussion. Why, given that the UK you inhabit isn't bothered either. So why worry?

Did a Frenchman run off with your wife or something? And if he did, can he take Mrs baboon off my hands too? 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Spain also isn't connected to the UK by ferries which constrict the flow of tourists.

It’s not the ferries which constrict the flow. It’s not Brexit with causes the delays. In both cases it’s the French border control. 

19 minutes ago, baboon said:

I don't get it: you don't care but will not withdraw from the discussion. Why, given that the UK you inhabit isn't bothered either. So why worry?

Did a Frenchman run off with your wife or something? And if he did, can he take Mrs baboon off my hands too? 

To correct your continued assertions that all of the world’s ills are caused by Brexit. In this case it was a clear case of French incompetence/intransigence on a very busy school holiday weekend. 
Whether I care about the few probable Remainers suffering due to the French is neither here nor there. 

Why not leave the missus in the next queue the French make.  One of them might take her off your hands. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Loiner said:

It’s not the ferries which constrict the flow. It’s not Brexit with causes the delays. In both cases it’s the French border control. 

You sure about that? How does that explain what happened in 2019?

Summer holiday getaway brings Dover port traffic delays

27 July 2019

Cross-Channel ferry passengers are reporting delays of several hours on roads in Dover.

The Port of Dover urged people to allow extra time for journeys but has tweeted the port is fully operational.

People in Dover have reported "gridlock" and have claimed to be delayed for more than four hours.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-49138975

Given that one lane of the highway has been turned into a parking lot for lorries waiting to cross the Channel, because the UK didn't prepare  adequate parking facilities for them, how could there not be delays?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

27 July 2019

Cross-Channel ferry passengers are reporting delays of several hours on roads in Dover.

The Port of Dover urged people to allow extra time for journeys but has tweeted the port is fully operational.

People in Dover have reported "gridlock" and have claimed to be delayed for more than four hours.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-49138975

Given that one lane of the highway has been turned into a parking lot for lorries waiting to cross the Channel, because the UK didn't prepare  adequate parking facilities for them, how could there not be delays?

You should not take a report from auntie beeb to be the truth, but inevitably biased. If PoD says it is fully operational the problem probably emanates from the French side. What was their excuse three years ago - border guards forgot to come to work again?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Loiner said:

To correct your continued assertions that all of the world’s ills are caused by Brexit. In this case it was a clear case of French incompetence/intransigence on a very busy school holiday weekend. 
Whether I care about the few probable Remainers suffering due to the French is neither here nor there. 

Why not leave the missus in the next queue the French make.  One of them might take her off your hands. 

Give me one example of my continued assertions that all of the world’s ills are caused by Brexit.

Otherwise you are simply a liar and guilty of libel. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, placeholder said:

27 July 2019

That seems to be caused by the sheer number  of traffic . 

Many people descending to Dover all at the same time and that caused dealys 

2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You should not take a report from auntie beeb to be the truth, but inevitably biased. If PoD says it is fully operational the problem probably emanates from the French side. What was their excuse three years ago - border guards forgot to come to work again?

Do you understand I'm referring to events that took place in July of 2019 and Brexit hadn't occurred yet? And wouldn't untill Feb 1, 2020.

And if anything shows the willful self delusion at  of some people, or at worst, their resorting to the cry of fake news,, it's their questioning of obviously independently confirmable facts like the delays at Dover in July of 2019.

M2 closure CANCELLED by Highways England after A20 and A2 traffic chaos caused by Port of Dover delays

Highways England said the cancellation has been made following the pandemonium on the roads today.

The first weekend of the summer holidays has seen people flocking in large numbers to the Port of Dover, which has suffered delays as a result due to sheer number of passengers.

Drivers have suffered severe delays on the A2 and A20 since yesterday with tailbacks of up to 10 miles this morning.

https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/m2-closure-cancelled-highways-england-3143626