Long traffic delays at Dover ferry port are fault of Brexit, claim French

onthedarkside

12 minutes ago, transam said:

I voted for a ham sandwich inspection, really, I didn't know that.........?  ????

Well don't vote, then, if you don't know what your vote is for. Leave it to the grown-ups...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, baboon said:

Well don't vote, then, if you don't know what your vote is for. Leave it to the grown-ups...

I don't know anyone that voted for a ham sandwich, as you say you are a grown up, so, could you explain further, as it seems you voted for something related to a ham sandwich.... ????

9 minutes ago, transam said:

I don't know anyone that voted for a ham sandwich, as you say you are a grown up, so, could you explain further, as it seems you voted for something related to a ham sandwich.... ????

I said no such thing, granddad. Go back and read what I actually wrote. Try, try to comprehend.

2 minutes ago, baboon said:

I said no such thing, granddad. Go back and read what I actually wrote. Try, try to comprehend.

Eeeeeer, if you are going to post, then please back it up, go back and read....????

PS. I doubt very much I am your granddad, though superior, maybe....???? 

1 minute ago, transam said:

Eeeeeer, if you are going to post, then please back it up, go back and read....????

PS. I doubt very much I am your granddad, though superior, maybe....???? 

No joy, then. Oh well. Off to the sandpit with you to play with your emojis, then.

it appears the British are not welcomed in some European countries as they are considered being from being traveling from a 3rd country  555

British tourists could be turned away from Spain unless they can prove they have £760 to spend

implements new restrictions that group British tourists in the same category as those travelling from a "third country" outside of the EU.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/british-tourists-could-turned-away-131529053.html

8 hours ago, candide said:

As far as I remember, there was the same problem in Spain in summer 2020.

From where do you expect queues in Spain? There are no land border checks between Shengen countries and I doubt many UK tourists sail directly to Spain.

My parents used to drive a camper van from the UK to Spain every year for the 6 week school holidays. 2-3 days driving through France, even back in the 1970s the border guards just waved everyone through.

Great beaches but the countryside was much too dry for my liking.

Anyways,

I'm thinking all these anti-Brit rules are more to do with EU punishing us than anything else. In the end, they want our money so it'll all settle down or the Brits will holiday elsewhere and only the Spanish resorts will be the losers.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

it appears the British are not welcomed in some European countries as they are considered being from being traveling from a 3rd country  555

British tourists could be turned away from Spain unless they can prove they have £760 to spend

implements new restrictions that group British tourists in the same category as those travelling from a "third country" outside of the EU.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/british-tourists-could-turned-away-131529053.html

That is rubbish, the EU knows how much money the UK was pumping into the EU to bolster it......

Anyhooo, in Thailand it is 20,000bht, I believe, 450 quid....????

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Before the EU they didn't care.

After the EU they do care.

I rest my case.

If i were the Brit government, I'd take retaliatory actions.

1. Ban all Brits from entering Spain.

2. Remove all Spanish citizens forcibly from the UK.

3. Ban all Spanish ships from UK waters, sink them if they enter illegally.

4. Sever all diplomatic links with Spain.

IMHO the UK should be preparing for war with the EU.

Start accumulating weapons, recruiting soldiers.

You are advocating an all-out war in Europe as though the situation in Ukraine is not tragic enough? Wow. Just Wow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm advocating a preparation for war with an organisation (the EU under German control) that has always been the true enemy of England.

Your opinion is your opinion.

However I think I will leave it there and avoid the watchlist you are probably on for your 'forthright' political views...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, baboon said:

I really don't think they are. They are just acting as per the terms and conditions we negotiated with them. We wanted to be a third country, that's what we got. It didn't have to be this way, but the UK insisted.

What is, "We wanted a third country", and "what did we get."..? ????

8 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

It's not really the EU punishing Brits though, is it? It's the EU sticking to the agreement negotiated with the UK (and which the UK signed off on) of ending freedom of movement between the EU and the UK.

The UK had freedom of movement in Europe before the idea of the EU was ever conceived.

Lets go back to basics, all foreign citizens removed from the UK/EU and start negotiations again from scratch.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, baboon said:

Exactly. You are a liar and guilty of libel.

2 hours ago, baboon said:

Not interested. Go and pick a fight with somebody else. 

2 hours ago, transam said:

Pot/kettle..........................????

Got my summons ready yet?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

It's not really the EU punishing Brits though, is it? It's the EU sticking to the agreement negotiated with the UK (and which the UK signed off on) of ending freedom of movement between the EU and the UK.

I get the distinct impression some people thought this would be a one way process - it's as if they thought the UK would be able to stop free movement of EU citizens into the UK but UK citizens would keep their complete freedom of movement into EU countries.

This was never going to be the case, these kinds of restrictions are an inevitable consequence of no longer being a member state of the EU. You can't cancel your membership of an exclusive club and expect to still enjoy all the same benefits that you had when you were a member. It just doesn't work that way.

Brexit is 3 years old, the French haven't got their act together for UK folk to spend their money in France and beyond.... ????

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Before the EU they didn't care.

After the EU they do care.

I rest my case.

If i were the Brit government, I'd take retaliatory actions.

1. Ban all Brits from entering Spain.

2. Remove all Spanish citizens forcibly from the UK.

3. Ban all Spanish ships from UK waters, sink them if they enter illegally.

4. Sever all diplomatic links with Spain.

IMHO the UK should be preparing for war with the EU.

Start accumulating weapons, recruiting soldiers.

So, you're advocating free movement of people across European borders without identity checks or visas. Just like Shengen then?

In the 1970's there weren't many illegal immigrants and so checks were not so important then, especially obvious British families travelling in cars with UK number plates going to stay in "endless Hotel Miramars".

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

So, you're advocating free movement of people across European borders without identity checks or visas. Just like Shengen then?

In the 1970's there weren't many illegal immigrants and so checks were not so important then, especially obvious British families travelling in cars with UK number plates going to stay in "endless Hotel Miramars".

How many white illegal immigrants have you encountered in Europe?

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

How many white illegal immigrants have you encountered in Europe?

British families are white, now? Did the Spanish border guards stop black families then, did you notice?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

British families are white, now? Did the Spanish border guards stop black families then, did you notice?

Not sure there were many non-white Brit holidaymakers visiting Spain back in the 1970s.

Everyone I encountered was white.

But are you suggesting that I (as an obvious Celtic/Germanic person) should have been questioned as a possible west Indian/Pakistani illegal?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, transam said:

Yes, he seems a bit crusty.

• Haha 1