Long traffic delays at Dover ferry port are fault of Brexit, claim French

onthedarkside

9 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Just read about it: https://www.euronews.com/travel/2022/07/25/brexit-eurostar-cancellations-and-dover-delays-whats-behind-the-french-and-uk-travel-chaos

Do you think those things are connected? "Line closure between Paris and Lille".

The train line between Paris and Lille wasn't connected , the line was closed 

24 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

I haven't actually read anything about what was happening at Dover. It only came to my notice via this thread.

It is actually a minor news  story , traffic jams and train delays are not that much of a news story and neither are queues at airports or seaports or travellers being delayed for one reason or another .

Its just that there's some people who are publicizing this story to promote their own political agenda . 

They must look for news stories and think of  way they can connect it to Brexit and then claim Brexit has failed .

Everything's back to normal now though , and I expect the same people will now be walking around supermarkets looking for an empty shelf 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It is actually a minor news  story , traffic jams and train delays are not that much of a news story and neither are queues at airports or seaports or travellers being delayed for one reason or another .

Its just that there's some people who are publicizing this story to promote their own political agenda . 

They must look for news stories and think of  way they can connect it to Brexit and then claim Brexit has failed .

Everything's back to normal now though , and I expect the same people will now be walking around supermarkets looking for an empty shelf 

Yep, just back to the baseline of delays and costs to freight (the stuff that hits the UK economy).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yep, just back to the baseline of delays and costs to freight (the stuff that hits the UK economy).

I didnt realise that freight was free before Brexit . 

No wonder prices have risen now that freight has to be paid for 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Can I fix that for you?

"I’m well known for not scouring the internet just to proveing a point to you lot."

There, better!

Would you like to look up the passengers through Alicante or Palma last weekend?
You could try and prove me wrong using somebody else’s back up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I refer you to the brand new post Brexit lorry parks.

I refer you to Operation Stack first being implemented in 1998. (French Strikes) 

There was regular disruption in Kent for many years prior to Brexit, which eventually became a plan for lorry parks. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

"Would you like to look up the passengers through Alicante or Palma last weekend?"

No, not interested.

"You could try and prove me wrong using somebody else’s back up."

See above answer.

PS. Do remember to bring proof of sufficient funds next time you go to Spain. I guess they have seen the economic outlook for the UK and wisely decided to implement this rule to avoid the "no skilled job stealing benefit scroungers" who are heading to the greener pasture of the EU countries.

Don’t like the figures eh?

Don’t worry, we go with loads-a-dosh. Do you have to bring enough cash too? Tough for some isn’t it?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

PS. Do remember to bring proof of sufficient funds next time you go to Spain. I guess they have seen the economic outlook for the UK and wisely decided to implement this rule to avoid the "no skilled job stealing benefit scroungers" who are heading to the greener pasture of the EU countries.

Looks like Dodgy Dave from Dagenham now wont be able to work in Magaluf for the summer , handing out flyers for all night bars and offering "extras" 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Would you like to look up the passengers through Alicante or Palma last weekend?
You could try and prove me wrong using somebody else’s back up. 

Or you could come up with numbers to back up your point of view rather than ‘probably’ and a ‘rough guess’.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Or you could come up with numbers to back up your point of view rather than ‘probably’ and a ‘rough guess’.

Exactly ten times as many at Palma and almost five times as many at Alicante. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

What figures, you haven’t presented any figures.

He’s been to look and didn’t like the answer. 

Have you checked yet? I don’t go running round for you people. Isn’t there an internet term for getting people to run around for looking for links?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Decades of decline dramatically reversed.

That’s the evidence we have.

You can imagine other scenarios but that’s what they are, figments of your imagination.

Now you are mentioning the war!

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The UK is on the list of "green" countries for which no Covid checks are carried out by the French, so that is definitely not a factor.

French government Covid information

Brexit is the only reason that there is a need for passport controls and so it clearly has everything to do with Brexit.

All down to the EU whichever way you cut it. No EU > no Brexit > no problem.. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

We shall see - the IMF are not very good at this - the US has just entered a recession (technically) and many countries are likely to follow, including the UK.

19 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Yes,  Brexit has royally effed up Britain's economy so lots of people have problems. That much is obvious even from Thailand, half a world away.

You reap what you sow.

From half a world away you obviously have no idea. You need to try actually experience it and not get your propaganda from the doomsayers in these forums.

• Like 1