Long traffic delays at Dover ferry port are fault of Brexit, claim French

onthedarkside

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Being controlled by outside decision makers. 

Well, you’ve obviously missed a few details about the EU decision-making processes, but in the EU decisions are being made by the Member States, including the UK when it was still in.

• Like 2

Just now, baboon said:

Yes, the freedoms to be poorer and having to queue for hours at Passport Control are precious indeed and should be cherished....

That's lefty rubbish, and a PP queue is of no importance to me, as we have all been in one at one time or another.

Brexit is done, get over it, and don't go to France by car...???? 

1 minute ago, damascase said:

Well, you’ve obviously missed a few details about the EU decision-making processes, but in the EU decisions are being made by the Member States, including the UK when it was still in.

Just read it as 'I have no idea' and save yourself the bother...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Actually, the people who will be missing that lovely cash are, among others, the people of Wales. Who were promised that cash from the EU would be replaced by the govt. Now it turns out that the replacement won't be complete until 2045.

Oh wow, we are into Wales now............????

3 minutes ago, damascase said:

Yes, I know, and we have been through Brexit stuff a zillion times.

Stop smarting over the loss of UK cash, plus if you like being controlled by others, great.   ????

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is not true .

Liz Truss suggested that dogs could be used to spot and stop drones being used to take contraband into UK prisons , train prison  guard dogs to bark when they see drones flying into UK jails , is what she said

This is what she said.

36 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It's funny. The EU country that Brexiters seem most fond of is Hungary, which on a per capita basis is the biggest receiver of EU cash.

What is that based on ?

I don't ever recall Hungary being mentioned by anyone and I need to actually check to see whether they are members of the E.U.

What are you basing your claim on ?

3 minutes ago, transam said:

That's lefty rubbish, and a PP queue is of no importance to me, as we have all been in one at one time or another.

Brexit is done, get over it, and don't go to France by car...???? 

"That's lefty rubbish, and a PP queue is of no importance to me, as we have all been in one at one time or another."

Typical Boomer. 'A PP queue is of no importance to ME and ME is all that matters. Screw anybody else.'

• Like 2

Just now, Phoenix Rising said:

Is that really "all"?

Point being that France isn't making any effort to stop the people travelling across . 

You was claiming that it wasn't possible for France to stop them, I was showing that France isn't even trying to stop them 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

I maintain that leaving the EU was an idiotic move by the UK, I have not called any individual an idiot so do try to calm down.

Sheeeesh, if you're that easily riled what will happen when you're forced to sit for hours in a passport line?

But you are effectively calling a majority group of British voters idiots, which is about 17 million times worse. Sheesh....lol.... I'm not riled, I just think that your regular insults should be highlighted...regularly. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Point being that France isn't making any effort to stop the people travelling across . 

You was claiming that it wasn't possible for France to stop them, I was showing that France isn't even trying to stop them 

And both statements can be true;

1. "It's not humanly possible to stop them all." This is obvious given the length of the French coast line

2. "France isn't even trying to stop them." On a scale of 1 to 10 I don't know how hard the french are trying. probably not very hard. As I've said before; they're geniuses.

From one of my earlier posts:

"So instead of spending resources on chasing and arresting them they let them set of to the UK, the same place that recently gave them (and the rest of the EU) the finger. I tell you, the French are geniuses. Vive la France!????"

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

And both statements can be true;

1. "It's not humanly possible to stop them all." This is obvious given the length of the French coast line

2. "France isn't even trying to stop them." On a scale of 1 to 10 I don't know how hard the french are even trying. As I've said before; they're geniuses.

From one of my earlier posts:

"So instead of spending resources on chasing and arresting them they let them set of to the UK, the same place that recently gave them (and the rest of the EU) the finger. I tell you, the French are geniuses. Vive la France!????"

If there was a Russian Nuclear submarine sailing in French waters , would the French navy be able to do anything to stop them ?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Actually, the people who will be missing that lovely cash are, among others, the people of Wales. Who were promised that cash from the EU would be replaced by the govt. Now it turns out that the replacement won't be complete until 2045.

Which would be money effectively from the UK in any case, like all the other money distributed by the EU, who don't really have any of their own. Just another EU tactic encourage the break up our union, which is what the EU wanted ultimately, and yet another solid reason to leave.