Thailand’s passport power improves but lags behind most countries including Timor-Leste

webfact

Thailand's draconian immigration laws pertaining to tourists will always hold their own passport back.

The visa programs or conditions afforded to a particular nations passport are general recipricol in nature.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

57 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Probably more to do with the public being mostly poor and being refused visas on the basis of not enough income or reason to return !

Good point.  I don't imagine when a Hi-so decides to charter a planeful of his lackeys for a junket abroad (at the tax-payers' expense) there is any visa problems for the connected.

I wonder how Timor-Lestians manage it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Probably more to do with the public being mostly poor and being refused visas on the basis of not enough income or reason to return !

They can get an invitation from someone who guarantees they will not be a burden to Europe. Especially if they have a family here in Thailand they have a reason to return.  That should be enough to grant them a Schengen tourist visa. It's a shame for European countries that they check this while I was never checked when I came as a tourist to Thailand - without a visa. 

10 minutes ago, bigupandchill said:

It is based on the fact that over the years Thai passport holders have proven themselves to be persistent over stayers, non returners and illegal workers. 

We get a good few farangs doing similar in Thailand too......

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Karma80 said:

Thailand's draconian immigration laws pertaining to tourists will always hold their own passport back.

The visa programs or conditions afforded to a particular nations passport are general recipricol in nature.

Utter nonsense.  "Draconian immigration law" - ten points for the ragged old TVF cliche.  

Thailand offers visa free entry to nationals of 64 countries.  Probably 95% of them don't reciprocate.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigupandchill said:

It is based on the fact that over the years Thai passport holders have proven themselves to be persistent over stayers, non returners and illegal workers. 

And that's just the girls.