Thai doctors say marijuana is a "danger" to society - call for immediate liberalization U-turn

webfact

9 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

It would stop you posting rubbish on here and maybe remove your misconceptions about it Thus removing your irrational but understandable fear of the unknown ! That would be a good start

Good grief. I am happy for you to go and smoke your cannabis 'at home' just don't think you are anything special or super clever because you do.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Remembering back to when I was 14 growing up in South Florida. My best friend BG and I got busted smoking red bud by his father Kort. Kort and Ms. Kort were quite the boozers and so Kort sat me and BG down at the bar and told as how bad it was smoking pot and offered up that anytime we had the ''urge'' to smoke that we were welcome to drink from his bar instead. Add one case of Jack Daniels to Mr. Gs monthly booze order. Looking back smoking bud mellowed us both enough to survive this infusion of free booze. Fifty years later and IMHO smoking a joint of good weed will tend to limit the amount of booze one will consume on any given evening. Recklessness is also reduced.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just what I was going to say. Rounding it up big time to a thousand doctors out of all the doctors in Thailand? Sweeping condemnation. And not basing on science or effect of weed itself, but the tired old corruption of youth schtick? Love it. How many of the doctors were Muslim?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, QPRFC said:

6,000 signatures out of the 70 million population.....I reckon this move is gaining momentum ????

Actually that petition was to put a regulation/law in to stop children being able to buy it legally which subsequently that was put in place so that under 20's cannot legally purchase. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 12:16 PM, starky said:

Are they equally concerned of the such ready availability of yaba and ice? Which are simple to get despite their illegality.

Are they concerned about the use of alcohol and tobacco products available literally every 5-10 metres nationwide?

Can we see the studies relating to recreational use of marijuana as a danger to public health?.

Please do not confuse them with research or peer reviewed studies

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/25/2022 at 2:55 PM, ThaiFelix said:

Enough said! 

The doctors here dont even seem to understand the dangers of not following the correct protocols of prescribing antibiotics,  How the hell would they know the dangers of cannabis use??

Sounds to me like "Reefer Madness II, Thai style".

Oh please. No different than Republonazis in the United States, or moral extremists in any Country. You must do what we want you to do because we know what’s best for you. Your body is ours  to do with as we like and you just rent it from us. Hurry up and wait in line for the dickin’. Fortunately the truly extreme ones are usually in the minority. Like I said earlier a drop in the bucket of doctors, and what else do you expect from the stone the infidel Muslims in the South?

I have seen several posts regarding the potency of modern weed compared to the weed we grew up with.All this means for the vast majority of smokers is we get a good buzz off 4-5 hits rather than have to smoke 2 bowls to get the same effect 

• Like 1