Legal or illegal to use visa services?

problemfarang

10 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

No. Not illegal- I'm so tired of this  question.

And is exactly why the over 2 million migrant foreign workers use an agent to do the paperwork needed for them as well, moneu making company but not illegal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onerak said:

It's a secret regulation and if everybody knew about it the fortunates but desperate who have to flee their brith place to seek living and brides in a foreign land will be reluctant to share their fortunes with unfortunates who were born in Thailand and not able to earn dollars but have achieved significant position in their own society to demand such a share. 

OK, what ever you say. 

Of course the client, the agent and the officer involved are outside the strict parameters of the law and could be successfully prosecuted in most countries.

However, this is Thailand, that's how a lot business is conducted. Nobody will be prosecuted/punished unless there is a breakdown in the financial trail.

The dangers for the client, as I see it, is that they can be locked into the system for the duration and it is difficult to go back. It's also possible  that one day a crusading politician may change the system. 

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 2

It's not illegal to use an agent to do the paperwork

for you , BUT it is certainly a grey area where they

use their money, saying it's yours, into a bank account,

if any money goes anywhere* ,and they are not bribing

bank officials too, it's very murky ,myself I would not

do it,    * except to agent ,IO , maybe someone in the bank.

regards Worgeordie

10 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

What regulation states you don't need any money in the bank?

There are statements in the immigration act and rulings etc, that say a high level (or authorized) Immigration Officer has discretionary powers to approve extensions that don't meet all the requirements. 

5. In the case where an alien applicant does not meet the full qualifications stipulated by the criteria herein or in other cases not specified in this Order but a competent officer equivalent to or higher than inspector is of the opinion that the alien has legitimate reason for staying in the Kingdom of Thailand, the application shall be forwarded to the Commander of the Royal Thai Police or an authorized competent officer for further consideration of the alien's application.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Time to close this trolling thread?

Some posters enjoy stirring up the same discussiom over and over, sermingly because they enjoy the turmoil.

And/or they are upset that some are willing to spend money for an agent's services to make life easier and avoid hassles.

People who do use agents and appreciate their services need to realize that pointless threads like this could eventually harm the agents abilities to help customers.

Hopefully the OP has gotten his jollies off by now.

I suggest let's end this post - no need to respond further.

Does the subject upset you....it is a politicaly sensitive topic.......

• Like 1