Bad experience at CW

On 7/27/2022 at 8:14 PM, DrJoy said:

Chaengwattana Immigration Division 1: Government Complex - 7th  Alley,

Thung Song Hong, Lak Si, Bangkok 10210

This is the only Immigration Office in Bangkok for Bangkokians.

Thanks.  I had no clue that CW was the Bangkok immigration office.  

On 7/26/2022 at 1:37 PM, Caldera said:

Sorry but you can't claim that you prepared carefully, but at the same time didn't realize that there's an under consideration period. I've never heard of a non-immigrant visa being issued on the spot, there's always an under consideration period.

Same with the bank letter. When was the last time anyone didn't need one? Having to go one floor down to obtain one also doesn't exactly amount to a bad experience, more like a very minor inconvenience.

All that being said, thanks for your report and I mean it. It will help others to come prepared. 

I got my Non-O same day. No "under consideration period". But I had a bank letter with me and it was needed.

6 minutes ago, Jackson B said:

I got my Non-O same day. No "under consideration period". But I had a bank letter with me and it was needed.

I think you were applying for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement not a non-o visa that allows a 90 day stay.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

I think you were applying for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement not a non-o visa that allows a 90 day stay.

It was my first non-immigrant visa, converting from a METV during Covid. I'm pretty sure I have never had a "under consideration" stamp, but I'll take a look through my passports to check. I remember being sent directly from counter C to L.

While I have got you here @ubonjoe, can retirement extensions at CW be done 30 or 45 days before the due date? Cheers!

3 minutes ago, Jackson B said:

It was my first non-immigrant visa, converting from a METV during Covid. I'm pretty sure I have never had a "under consideration" stamp, but I'll take a look through my passports to check.

They normally do not do a under consideration stamp but tell you to return in 15 days to get the visa and 90 day entry stamps. When did you do the the non-o visa application?

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They normally do not do a under consideration stamp but tell you to return in 15 days to get the visa and 90 day entry stamps. When did you do the the non-o visa application?

Hey Ubonjoe, yeah, you're right. There is no stamp "under consideration", but it's all stamped the same day in September, 2020. I recall they sent officers to photograph my apartment before it was approved, so there must have been a period between application and approval. And then they backdated everything to the date of application.

10 hours ago, Jackson B said:

Hey Ubonjoe, yeah, you're right. There is no stamp "under consideration", but it's all stamped the same day in September, 2020. I recall they sent officers to photograph my apartment before it was approved, so there must have been a period between application and approval. And then they backdated everything to the date of application.

Usually the "under consideration" stamp for a non-immigrant visa is put on the back of the receipt, not in the passport. The "under consideration" stamp for an extension, on the other hand, is put in the passport.

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 1