Extension based on retirement. Documents required.

In the next 14 days I have to apply for an extension based on retirement.  I think I need a letter from my bank regarding the 800k in the bank (it has been there all year) and a copy of the relevant pages in my passport (main passport page, non-O, previous extensions based on retirement, TM6, house documents).

I was recently told that I need photos of me in the house, outside the house showing the address and I had to sign a paper regarding I acknowledge the penalty for overstay.  I remember Immigration coming out to the house taking such photos years ago for my Non-O.  I don't remember doing this for subsequent extensions.  Has the requirements changed?  TIA.

Nonthaburi.  The only reason Immigration came to visit was I when applied for a Non-O from a TR.  From what I understand this is normal no matter which Immigration Office you have to go through.

• Confused 2

15 minutes ago, lujanit said:

Nonthaburi.  The only reason Immigration came to visit was I when applied for a Non-O from a TR.  From what I understand this is normal no matter which Immigration Office you have to go through.

That was probably for marriage visa/ext.  I've never had them visit (to my knowledge) on the retire. visa / ext.  No photos required in the past.

Best to just pop into Imm office and ask what 'they' require.  Reads like you have everything you need.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

That was probably for marriage visa/ext.  I've never had them visit (to my knowledge) on the retire. visa / ext.  No photos required in the past.

In my case it was definitely because I applied for a Non-O based on money in the bank, not for any extension.  As it has to be approved by CW there can be a long wait for approval.  Again I understand this is normal.  A trip to my local IO is the way to go as I know different Offices have their own slant on the rules.

46 minutes ago, lujanit said:

I think I need a letter from my bank regarding the 800k in the bank (it has been there all year)

Pretty sure besides bank letter, most immigration offices also need 12 months of bank statement or a copy of the bank book if it shows all 12 months of activity clearly with no accumulation of entries.

• Like 1

Latest extension for me in Imm. off. Phrae, June2022, was very simple.

needed only the letter from my embassy for income, copy of all used pages in passport, form filled, copy of valid 90 days report.

that's all, about 20-30 minutes inandout. 

4 hours ago, lujanit said:

Nonthaburi. 

The main Immigration office in BKK has never required home photos for retirement extension applications.... But they always have been a standard requirement, among others, for marriage extensions.

I can't speak to whatever supporting document requirements Nonthaburi may be enforcing.

7 hours ago, lujanit said:

Immigration do visit persons that apply for extension based on retirement - police officers came to my house a few years ago after more than 10 years on retirement extension, and wished photo of me holding my passports photo page under my house number together with one of the police officers - but I've never heard about photos needed for extension of stay based on retirement-application.

Best advice is to visit your local immigration office and get a list of what documents they require - my office has a list, but it might not help you, as they also require medical certificate from hospital only - it can be slightly different from province to province.

10 hours ago, lujanit said:

I think I need a letter from my bank regarding the 800k in the bank (it has been there all year)

If 800k was in the account for 1 or 2 years only, I suggest you to have your older book (and signed copies of all pages) with you. 

• Confused 1