Land Border Entry Treated Same as International Airport Entry?

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes.

You can make 2 visa exempt entry via land twice per calendar year and obtain 30 day extension to each entry

Didn't it used to be 15 days ?

Not complaining but I am just curious as to why they changed it back to 30 days again.

3 hours ago, Padthaigoong said:

Didn't it used to be 15 days ?

Not complaining but I am just curious as to why they changed it back to 30 days again.

It was changed to two 30 day visa exempt entries per calendar in 2015.

It was changed to 30 days with the limit of 2 since it being only 15 days did not stop people from doing border hops to stay here.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It was changed to 30 days with the limit of 2 since it being only 15 days did not stop people from doing border hops to stay here.

Is there a link to tell you which land borders are open, which shut?

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes.

You can make 2 visa exempt entry via land twice per calendar year and obtain 30 day extension to each entry

how many visa exempt entiries and extensions can one make from airport arrivals into BKK?  Is it same same as land?

7 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

how many visa exempt entiries and extensions can one make from airport arrivals into BKK?  Is it same same as land?

Unlimited....

However clearly back to back and ongoing will not work.

This next comment is bit away from your question but it would be so so simple if Thailand put a set limit on visa exempt entries per calendar year via air. 

In similar way to rule for entry via land

Edited by DrJack54

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Unlimited....

However clearly back to back and ongoing will not work.

copy that.  I recall now some older posts where immigration official made some arbitrary decisions about 180 days total time in country.  Or as you intimated, too many back to backs.  Thanks

3 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

copy that.  I recall now some older posts where immigration official made some arbitrary decisions about 180 days total time in country.  Or as you intimated, too many back to backs.  Thanks

Re the 180days....

Made up rule and yes reports of that being mentioned by some random immigration officers. 

If you work in Laos, you can go for the 5'000 Baht visa, valid six months, granting unlimited re-entries; a visa model for all those hospitality operators who come (.... ahem .... came in the past) shopping in places like Nong Khai. 
You would have to enquire with the Thai visa goons, what exactly these fellows want on paper (Lao work permit, Lao stay visa). 

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I see.

Thank you.