Korat murder: Man is foreigner, not Asian, woman can be identified by chip in breast implants

webfact

I am a bit surprised they are asking businesses about the surgery.  Doesn't the implant chip and number stuff get registered somewhere?  Don't they know where the implant was sent or implanted?  Silly me.  Expecting an up to date data base.  I would not be surprised if the implant done at a discount place and no great records of who, what, where or when are kept, or maybe were never required to be kept by anyplace

On 7/30/2022 at 9:30 AM, PJ71 said:

same, i got the missus a set there about 17-18 years ago, i think 70K.

think it's almost double that now.

apparently they should be changed out after 15 years.

I've had my missus for more than 15 years and never thought of changing her.

• Haha 1

On 7/30/2022 at 7:22 AM, internationalism said:

several tattoo (possible more than 2), breast implant are rather unusual and might might indicate bar work..

Wrong....so wrong...you would be amazed by the number of people(men/women) who get tattooed nowadays and they come from all walks of life.

Definitely not an indication that this poor girl had anything to do with that line of work, not that it would be a bad thing

Breast implants ( for women ????) "rather unusual?? would you care to elaborate ?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, pegman said:

How did th police know there were bodies buried there? 

There always seems to be people rooting around in the woods. Bodies are found in unlikely places like this all the time. But the complainant should definitely be questioned. 

Why would someone bury bodies 5 feet deep and not throw some forest brush over the tilled dirt is what Id like to know. It would have taken minutes to cover up the fresh tillage. 

3 hours ago, alyx said:

Wrong....so wrong...you would be amazed by the number of people(men/women) who get tattooed nowadays and they come from all walks of life.

Definitely not an indication that this poor girl had anything to do with that line of work, not that it would be a bad thing

Breast implants ( for women ????) "rather unusual?? would you care to elaborate ?

My wify tells me only bar girls in thailand get totoo. Adding to it breast implants and a foreign  client met in pattaya, bangkok bar. 
plus possible drug consumption/addiction or dealing leading to a well planned murder by drug mafia. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Harsh Jones said:

A successful bar career if she can afford this no ? Or are they cheap as chips

Its an investment for a bar girl, putting her above her competitors, bit also boostong confidence and upgrading her social status. Sometimes a present from a regular client/boyfriend. 
Implants are 70-300k, as mentioned above. So not cheap at all. The average wage in thailand for female is less, than for a man, so somewhere below 14k/month. Less in agricultural provinces in isaan. 
For a bar girl it's cheap, if she makes 5k day. She has more money she is able to spend on necessities. Hence come different addictions, including drugs. 
they will also do nose enlargement and reshaping. And many other cosmetic, medical procedures

19 minutes ago, internationalism said:

My wify tells me only bar girls in thailand get totoo. Adding to it breast implants and a foreign  client met in pattaya, bangkok bar. 

Tell it like it is. 

Are you saying that bargirls are prostitutes? 

30 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Your wife has no idea what she is talking about or has led an unbelievably sheltered life.  Tattoos are everywhere, they are trendy.  I employ several girls in my office with tattoos - they are well educated, well paid, and have never ever worked anywhere near a bar.  It's actually a very insulting insinuation indeed and I would love you to come and say that to one of my staff's face.

Nothing wrong with working in a bar, say it like it is, your staff is not prostitute 

I advise new guys here to stay away from girls with tattoos. 

Edited by Neeranam

19 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I've had my missus for more than 15 years and never thought of changing her.

Sounds idyllic..... mine isn't bad but my thoughts have strayed there when I watch the dancing girls on Thai TV.

7 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Your wife has no idea what she is talking about or has led an unbelievably sheltered life.  Tattoos are everywhere, they are trendy.  I employ several girls in my office with tattoos - they are well educated, well paid, and have never ever worked anywhere near a bar.  It's actually a very insulting insinuation indeed and I would love you to come and say that to one of my staff's face.

My wife worked on khaosan rd for some 10 years dealing exclusively with foreign tourists. She also has observation of bar girls. 
so not a sheltered life at all. 
I know only one thai girl with tatoo, and my wife is convinced that girl did work at bar before. 

Those 2 initially discovered totoo now turns out to be 4, as i have suspected. That even more can point to my suggection. There might be even more, smaller ones, not detected, faded on decomposed skin

12 minutes ago, internationalism said:

For a bar girl it's cheap, if she makes 5k day. She has more money she is able to spend on necessities. Hence come different addictions, including drugs. 
they will also do nose enlargement and reshaping. And many other cosmetic, medical procedures

I used to work in a drug and alcohol treatment place in Isarn. 

Due to the nature of the work, sex workers in Pattaya often develop addiction to drugs alcohol. 

51 minutes ago, Harsh Jones said:

There always seems to be people rooting around in the woods. Bodies are found in unlikely places like this all the time. But the complainant should definitely be questioned. 

Why would someone bury bodies 5 feet deep and not throw some forest brush over the tilled dirt is what Id like to know. It would have taken minutes to cover up the fresh tillage. 

Grave was covered with tree branches, that also might have pointed forager to check it. Than he discovered freshly dug soil and later body parts. 
Probably heavy rain washed out tip of a rised grave. Also decomposing bodies do swell, so pushing soil upwards. 
As they were likely burried at night and in haste, murderer hadnt got enough time to dig deeper and better cover the grave. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Grave was covered with tree branches, that also might have pointed forager to check it. Than he discovered freshly dug soil and later body parts. 
Probably heavy rain washed out tip of a rised grave. Also decomposing bodies do swell, so pushing soil upwards. 
As they were likely burried at night and in haste, murderer hadnt got enough time to dig deeper and better cover the grave. 

You need to read the OP... reports say the bodies were encased in plaster or cement.

On 7/30/2022 at 5:49 PM, Gecko123 said:

I honestly don't understand why speculation about crimes in the news seems to bother some people so much. No one's trying, as you put it, to "solve" or "crack" the case. People are applying whatever knowledge they have about criminal behavior to the clues that are available at the moment. It's a mental exercise. Some people have law enforcement backgrounds, or are true crime buffs, or amateur criminologists and enjoy the 'who dun it?' nature of unsolved crimes. It's not just the pointless nattering you seem to think it is.

While Thai police science techniques have increasingly become as sophisticated as those of police in the West, there is still a desire to discuss what police in the West might be thinking or doing in a similar case. Speculation is also driven by the fact that Westerners are sometimes either the perpetrator or the victim in the crime, and there's an interest in understanding what motivated the criminal, or how to avoid becoming a victim of a similar crime. There's also some satisfaction to be had if one's theory about what might have happened turns out to be correct, which does happen from time to time.

I hope this will help you and others who make similar gibing comments better appreciate the motivation behind these 'Columbo' type posts.

OK, Columbo