Truss surges ahead, wins key backers in U.K. leadership race for prime minister

onthedarkside

10 hours ago, Slip said:

As amusing as this is, I take issue with referring to this over-privileged pos that our working class tory members love as a "worker".  He has never done a day's work in his puff!

Many folk work with their head, now I reckon his head has earned him more dosh than all you lot all put together, and much more.  ????...????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As has been explained, being ahead wrt the the opinion of a political party membership that can in no sense be considered representative of the population at large is not any evidence that ‘voters at large will be pleased’.

Truss has nothing to offer the millions of people suffering under the worst inflation for decades and the worst cost of living crisis in living memory.

NHS Crisis, nothing.

Dental crisis, nothing.

Police failures, nothing.

Poverty, nothing.

The list goes on, she’s got no answers at all.

I look forward to her going to the polls with more tax cuts for corporations and the already wealthy and her derogatory views of the hard working people of the UK, but zilch to help them out.

The whole of Europe and elsewhere have similar problems, but the lefty's will dribble over the situation, it's what they do.

Thankfully, I am not one.........????.....Below NOT from The Guardian....????.......

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What’s allegedly going on elsewhere in the world doesn’t matter to people in the UK having to choose between ‘heating and eating’ or those who cannot afford to eat every day.

People who can’t get to see a doctor, or those who can’t find a dentist, people who call for an ambulance that arrives hours later, or for the police who don’t even bother showing up.

Problems in the UK, not problems elsewhere, the selection of a leader for the UK who has no solutions for the problems people in the UK are struggling with.

But she does hold and express offensively derogatory views about British workers.

Good luck with that.

Yes, yes, yes..................Please refer to my "Lefty's" quote..????

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sorry, I responded keeping to the topic under discussion’Liz Truss’ bid to become PM’.

I have absolutely no interest in taking part in your constant off topic trolling of this and other threads.

I thought I had previously made that abundantly clear.

I was replying to your post, remember, if you don't like replies from a non-lefty, then I'm sorry...............????

42 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I leave others to put up with your constant off topic trolling.

I’ll be back tomorrow to discuss whatever, U-turns, insults to the electorate or other random nonsense Truss comes out with in the interim.

Anyhoooo, I think Liz will still be the favourite, what ever facts are twisted to look negative in the media.....

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Excel said:

Maybe under pressure or it is now dawning on her that she is totally incompetent to be a PM and handle all of the problems that her party has piled up for the nation ? I suspect after a year or so she will call an election in the hope they will be voted out and it will be the other party left to clear up the mess again.

More guesswork, dear oh dear......????

But the work goes on........????

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/priti-patel-signs-deal-send-144854610.html

3 minutes ago, Excel said:

And at least an empty chair can stand on it's own 4 feet unlike Truss who can not even stand on her own two without the support of the ultra right wing.

Not a surprising comment from an ultra left wing.....:stoner:

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Liz dare not face Britain’s farmers, but never mind the NFU can ‘empty chair’ her.

On the upside, they’ll probably get more sense out of an Empty Chair:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/liz-truss-farmers-tory-leadership-b2147640.html

Could be, if they too had matching brains of an empty chair..????