Truss surges ahead, wins key backers in U.K. leadership race for prime minister

onthedarkside

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I wasn't aware that every MP is a member of the cabinet. It's no wonder the Tories have so much trouble getting anything done.

They are not, what ever gave you that idea..?

Now come on, you are usually teaching me.....????

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, transam said:

The issue was what action the government was taking. Now that's usually the role of ministers in the cabinet not back benchers. But since you claim that I want to know what every MP was up to, I figured that must mean that there are no back benchers in the ranks of the Tories. That they're all in the cabinet. Which actually could explain a lot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, transam said:

7 o/c pm UK time Truss & Sunaks last debate and final voting Monday I  heard of 168,000 Tory members. 

The new pm should buy some gas & oil from Russia like other EU countries still are and that will ease the crisis. 

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Who would you prefer ?

Truss or Boris ?

I end up with an unsatisfactory answer either way.

Congratulations! Probably the hardest question posed on this forum. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

No, he won't, but he could well disrupt the party enough to make Truss' life a misery as he did with May, though Truss' own ineptitude will possibly be more than enough to do this.

You forgot that May was/is a rather treacherous MP, conniving against the wishes of the electorate, but thankfully our Night in shining armour, Boris, sorted it.

Hoorah, hoorah....????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

She was the elected leader of the party and he undermined her. Would not be surprised if he does the same to Truss or Sunak [LOL] once ensconced, though as I say Truss will probably be capable of undermining herself given her unfitness for the role.

"Undermined her", you're 'avin a laugh, it was obvious to most, not you, it seems, that she was trying to stay close to her EU friends and stiff the electorate, but she came unstuck, as Boris showed in the General Election he called, do you remember that, to a resounding victory, where even the lefty voters joined in the victory.

It's all on Google, you know....????