Truss surges ahead, wins key backers in U.K. leadership race for prime minister

onthedarkside

9 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

No she won’t explain her policies, she can’t.

I’ve watched the hustings and Truss has on a number of occasions proved unable to explain the minutiae of her tax cut blah blah blah and how it will resolve the current cost of living crisis. 

She does not understand her own policies and cannot respond when flaws in her “thinking” are pointed out. 

Truss will be a gift to the opposition and if I were them I’d be praying the base vote her in. 

Yes, we will all be happy, me, you and your Party....Bring it on....????

But, you really should wait to listen to the BBC interview, not tell us here what you think you already know.....????

• Confused 1

Just now, Bluespunk said:

What party? This is not the first time you have stated I support a party.

Be specific and quote where I have mentioned a party I belong to or i will have to assume it is just more trolling from you, news from under a bridge so to say…

What I know about Truss’ inability to explain her own policies is based on watching most of the hustings and the few interviews she has not ducked.

She can’t do it and has no grasp of the most basic facts on how her tax cut blah blah blah (never mind the minutiae of what she claims are her policies) will solve the current cost of living crisis. 

So bluespunk knows more about Truss than Truss does, amazing..????

I thought you support a lefty party, because you trash anything to do with the Blue Party on any subject, but you can come clean if you like, even if you are a secret Tory chappy....????...................????

I know what she has failed to do throughout her u-turn, clarification strewn campaign. When under pressure or questioned on her policies she can’t do it. She does not understand her policies and relies on the mantra of tax cuts, tax cuts, tax cuts. 

The second half of the post quoted here confirms you are trolling…you got nothing. 

But she is not in the big seat yet, she has done NOTHING, you are just trashing because its a Tory thing..

Your calling trolling thing is really tiresome, so are you following me around with loads of "sads" in the space of a minute, it is childish and uncalled for...????

Where did I say she was in situ? 

I don’t follow you, you have nothing of interest to say.

If you don’t like emoticons attached to your posts don’t put them on other peoples posts on this thread or others. 

1. I never said she was in situ, you know what she's going to do before she does it.....????

2. Strange, you reply to most of my stuff...

3. You have posted 7 "sads" in one minute, the latest from last Thursday it is childish, grow up.

1 minute ago, bannork said:

Nice to see Macron's thought out and measured response to Truss's crassness.

'The UK and France are friends despite its leaders'.

Putin must be laughing at the idiocy of our Foreign Minister.

20220827_114404.jpg

Yeh, right, the Brits have always been chums with the French....????

1 hour ago, Excel said:

Yes certainly Macron is showing a bit of statesmanship rather than that fool Truss, but then guess she is only like a ventriloquists puppet, only say things that members of the ERG group tell her to say.

A "fool" that will get in a position to control the UK, how can you call her a fool, are you French, by any chance.....????

Bickering exchange and a number of trolling emojis also removed.

The two members concerned need to STOP this behaviour. Dont make the mistake of repeating the removed emojis or placing further negative emojis on each others posts and continuing to troll in that manner.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

The UK's last major war with France ended in the 1810s. Not exactly recent history.

But this illustrates the problem. Instead of trying to engage with France and the rest of Europe, the right and left wing in the UK have always viewed the continent with suspicion, and assumed that any initiatives or policies originating there are simply vehicles for screwing the UK. 

Unfortunately, it seems that our (likely) future PM is going to continue this inglorious tradition.

(And no, I haven't forgotten Vichy France and WW2 before anyone goes down that avenue. In any event, that was nearly 80 years ago as well).

Did I mention anything to do with War's.....No....????

Have you forgotten that Boris and the French bloke have had many "words", the French bloke even threatening to cut the electric off, yeah, we're friends alright............????

I could also talk about my exploits in France in the late sixties, but that is waaaaaaaaaay off topic..????

It would seem it is now a forgone conclusion that Liz will get the big seat, so the efforts here to get her trashed doesn't seem to have much of an effect.....????

3 minutes ago, RayC said:

No you didn't mention any war, but you did make a sarcastic comment about the French not being our friends. That hardly implies a spirit of co-operation does it?

No I hadn't forgotten that incident. Imo a bit heavy-handed on the part of France, but it needs to be put in context. Yet another Brexit bonus.

(Hope that you don't consider The Express too left-wing?)

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1501318/France-cut-off-UK-power-supply-Jersey-row-EVG

Rather proves my point above and the general one about right-wingers' mistrust of the continent (and the French in particular).

Get it off your chest. A problem shared, etc.

Excellent news that you now agree with the assumption held by pollsters and posters here for the past month that Truss will be our next PM.

Presumably this means that you will no longer object to any discussion about Trusses' policy ideas as 'off-topic'?

This may come as a surprise to you but I very much doubt that anyone posting here believes that comments made in this forum are likely to sway public opinion or have the slightest effect on UK government policy.

Whisper it quietly but I also doubt that Sunak or Truss - or any members of their team - actually read this thread!

Well, all I got from that lot, besides you making excuses for the French, and my French comment was not sarcastic, it was fact,

is we are all happy, Liz will get her chance in the big chair.  

Hip, Hip, Hoorah, hoorah....????

PS. Stop making assumptions about me, it is so tiresome and lefty, "I'm a right-winger"...................????.........................????

1 minute ago, RayC said:

Another pointless and unnecessary reply. 

Your comment about the French is (your) opinion. It is definitely not fact.

Irritating isn't it?

It's ironic that you can get upset about being called 'right wing', while you have no such qualms about casually labelling anyone who posts anything remotely critical about the Tory party as a 'lefty'.

Maybe put your own house in order first.

You will soon post about the topic, not me, I could send you a photo,,,????

PS. I am not upset about being called right-wing, and be assured, I belong to no wing at all.   ????...............????

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

You will soon post about the topic, not me,

You don't need to wait. Go back one page to see an exchange which I had with @Mac Mickmanus about Trusses' possible tabling of Article 16.

I could send you a photo,,,????

Thanks for the offer but no need for a photo. I'll trust my imagination.

PS. I am not upset about being called right-wing, and be assured, I belong to no wing at all.   ????...............????

Good to know that being labelled 'right wing' doesn't upset you. No reason to shield you from the truth in that case????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Past coming back to haunt truss

Surprised her extra marital affair with Mark Field in 2004+ has not come back to haunt her. Perhaps like Boris those that have a lack of morals are welcomed by the Tory party members who vote for them.

• Haha 1