Truss surges ahead, wins key backers in U.K. leadership race for prime minister

onthedarkside

34 minutes ago, transam said:

Think that's what The Guardian actually uses....????

It looks like Truss will get in and as I have said before the sooner the better who ever it is, the UK has gone down the pan along with the western world.

1 hour ago, RayC said:

In order to balance and deepen the discussion. It's pretty clear that you consider the vast majority of sources - which I and some others quote - to have a left-wing bias. It's an opportunity for you to counter that and offer us a different perspective.

Many 'lefties' wouldn't consider me to be part of their tribe.

Absolutely. I've become obsessed with a middle-aged man 7,000 miles away. Apologies for any distress caused. I'll try to control myself, sweetheart❤️ (oops, sorry)

Thank you. Err ..... for what?

1. Your crew 99% of the time use The Guardian, is that balanced....?????

2. You wear the wrong colour tie. 

3. No stress here, having a good day so far.

4. A sensible reply. ????

5. Thank you.....????

4 minutes ago, RayC said:

I am not a member of a crew and I very seldom post links from The Guardian.

In any event, as I have repeated on numerous occasions, one way of countering this perceived left-wing bias would be for you to share your alternative sources with us; however, for reasons best known to yourself, you are unwilling and/or unable to do so.

Again you are confusing me with someone else. I gave up wearing ties when I gave up going to the office.

Excellent. Pleased to hear that. Hope that it continues that way.

Thank you (although it's unclear what you are referring to).

You're welcome (although again, I'm unclear what you are referring to).

1. The crew 99% of the time use The Guardian, that cannot be disputed.

2. Tie, Boris wears a T-shirt off duty too.

3. Thank you.

4. That's OK.

5. That's OK.

6. Try spending a bit more time on the topic, don't want folk thinking you're....????....As I feel obliged to reply.....????....????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RayC said:

If you can believe the 'left wing' FT, it seems like one of the first acts by Liz as PM will be to further alienate the EU

https://www.ft.com/content/24b72bdc-7bda-4248-9708-7cbc3a4680a7

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62682448

Global Britain, indeed.

Its no secret and the UK and France have had quite a few disagreements recently and we aren't currently on the best of terms .

Refreshing to see an honest Politician stating the truth , rather than the usual fake diplomacy 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, RayC said:

Not in diplomatic speak it isn't.

And what about the threat to trigger Article 16? I accept that it is speculation, but the FT is a respected newspaper and I doubt that they would publish without having checked their sources.

Looks a lot like "chest beating" to me.

Yes, she MAY trigger Article 16 , that is the truth and the reality .

Its possible that She might do it . 

Would you prefer it if she lied and completely denied it might happen ?

Some people complained that Boris wasn't always truthful , now the same people are complaining that Liz is honest and tells the truth .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, she MAY trigger Article 16 , that is the truth and the reality .

Its possible that She might do it . 

Would you prefer it if she lied and completely denied it might happen ?

Some people complained that Boris wasn't always truthful , now the same people are complaining that Liz is honest and tells the truth .

truss says whatever she thinks the audience wants to hear and then has her clarification squad clarify what she meant.

Her inability to actually explain her policies is why she has avoided interviews with the bbc and Andrew Neil on channel 4.

The opposition probably can’t believe their luck that the tory base is on course to elect her leader, if the polls are correct that is. 

She is unlikely to be a leader who will heal the open sores and divisions that this leadership campaign has exposed. 

#votetruss- promising without comprehending. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

truss says whatever she thinks the audience wants to hear and then has her clarification squad clarify what she meant.

Her inability to actually explain her policies is why she has avoided interviews with the bbc and Andrew Neil on channel 4.

The opposition probably can’t believe their luck that the tory base is on course to elect her leader, if the polls are correct that is. 

She is unlikely to be a leader who will heal the open sores and divisions that this leadership campaign has exposed. 

#votetruss- promising without comprehending. 

Liz has agreed to to an interview with the BBC on ..............................

Our Next Prime Minister: The Interviews Liz Truss Tuesday 30th August BBC One 7pm

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Doesn’t negate the fact she dodged one with them earlier in the campaign which sunak didn’t. 

This is a series of interviews called

"Our next Prime minister , the interviews" , where both Sunak and Truss are interviewed by the BBC at different times .

Sunak was interviewed first a few weeks ago and now  its Trusses turn to be interviewed .

Not "a dodge" just different interview dates 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

This is a series of interviews called

"Our next Prime minister , the interviews" , where both Sunak and Truss are interviewed by the BBC at different times .

Sunak was interviewed first a few weeks ago and now  its Trusses turn to be interviewed .

Not "a dodge" just different interview dates 

Nope. The bbc specifically invited her to an interview at the same time as sunak and she dodged it.

That she is now claiming she will attend this one once the campaign is nearly over does not change that. She avoided scrutiny of her tax cut blah blah blah at the earlier stage of the leadership campaign when it could have swayed the undecided in the tory base. 

And let us not forget she also dodged the Andrew Neil interview. 

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/liz-truss-bashed-for-dodging-bbc-interview-with-nick-robinson-332061/amp/

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope. The bbc specifically invited her to an interview at the same time as sunak and she dodged it.

That she is now claiming she will attend this one once the campaign is nearly over does not change that. She avoided scrutiny of her tax cut blah blah blah at the earlier stage of the leadership campaign when it could have swayed the undecided in the tory base. 

And let us not forget she also dodged the Andrew Neil interview. 

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/liz-truss-bashed-for-dodging-bbc-interview-with-nick-robinson-332061/amp/

She was scheduling a time and a date for an interview , when she was available , that time and date has now been agreed upon 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Clever/ reasonable- nah.

Running scared more like it, she can’t explain her own policies without having “clarifications” put out the next day. It’s all tax cut blah blah blah without understanding. 

Don't be too concerned, she will explain all in a few days in the BBC interview and hopefully she will get voted in as PM 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Don't be too concerned, she will explain all in a few days in the BBC interview and hopefully she will get voted in as PM 

No she won’t explain her policies, she can’t.

I’ve watched the hustings and truss has on a number of occasions proved unable to explain the minutiae of her tax cut blah blah blah and how it will resolve the current cost of living crisis. 

She does not understand her own policies and cannot respond when flaws in her “thinking” are pointed out. 

truss will be a gift to the opposition and if I were them I’d be praying the base vote her in. 

• Like 2

“The Conservatives were in disarray over their response to the energy crisis on Friday, with some Tory MPs backing Liz Truss showing signs of jitters over her refusal to spell out how she would help households.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/26/liz-truss-tories-disarray-energy-crisis-urged-spell-out-plans-help?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

• Like 1