Truss surges ahead, wins key backers in U.K. leadership race for prime minister

onthedarkside

15 hours ago, RayC said:

You don't need to wait. Go back one page to see an exchange which I had with @Mac Mickmanus about Trusses' possible tabling of Article 16.

Thanks for the offer but no need for a photo. I'll trust my imagination.

Good to know that being labelled 'right wing' doesn't upset you. No reason to shield you from the truth in that case????????????

Still all about me, now come on chap, pay attention, its about Liz & Rishi....????

9 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Reality calling-another truss u turn on the horizon. 

“In the last two days Truss has indicated she will provide help as and when it is needed, but it will require a U-turn before she even becomes PM. David Gauke, the former Tory Treasury minister, said he believed she would have to announce some tax cuts to save face, but that these would provide nowhere near enough help.”

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/aug/27/she-has-no-choice-liz-truss-faces-u-turn-on-energy-if-she-enters-no-10-mps-say?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Something different for you, but sorry it's not from The Guardian...????

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/moment-rishi-sunak-team-knew-171016499.html

15 minutes ago, RayC said:

What's the right-wing take on Liz and Rishi continually trying to distance themselves from government decisions of which they were a part? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11146623/Liz-Truss-rules-imposing-lockdown-PM-says-Covid-rules-draconian.html

No idea, you should ask a staunch right-wing chappy....:stoner: 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So what is your take on Liz and Rishi continually trying to distance themselves from government decisions of which they were a part? 

Government is made up of many MP's, perhaps either were not 100% at the, "hands-up" meetings, we are not fly's on the wall eh...  Liz for PM, that's all that's needed, this is not a General Election, it is for one or the other to sit in the big seat for the Blues, not the Reds, Yellows or even Greens.

Just thank your lucky stars it's not a Rayner/Starmer contest, but wow, that would be a good laugh on the media shows.....????

And here's something on topic

truss getting called out on her economic illiteracy again...

''Liz Truss’s plans to tackle the cost of living crisis by slashing VAT across the board will do little to help those struggling to pay food bills and benefit richer households substantially more, Rishi Sunak’s team has claimed.

The frontrunner in the Conservative leadership race was accused of considering a “regressive” and “flawed” move that could cost the exchequer up to £38bn a year, while the government faces calls to offer more support with rising energy costs.''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/28/liz-truss-vat-cut-rishi-sunak-cost-of-living

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

And here's something on topic

truss getting called out on her economic illiteracy again...

''Liz Truss’s plans to tackle the cost of living crisis by slashing VAT across the board will do little to help those struggling to pay food bills and benefit richer households substantially more, Rishi Sunak’s team has claimed.

The frontrunner in the Conservative leadership race was accused of considering a “regressive” and “flawed” move that could cost the exchequer up to £38bn a year, while the government faces calls to offer more support with rising energy costs.''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/28/liz-truss-vat-cut-rishi-sunak-cost-of-living

I think (well, hope) she will HAVE to do something drastic about the cost of living crisis. Surely even she cannot be so dim as to recognise that if she doesn't, it will be political suicide for her. And within weeks, not months or years.

The ERG won't care, but the prospect of a destitute, cold and hungry Britain desperately shivering in the dark at Christmas, might focus a few minds.

(Cue laughter emoticon...)

Edited by baboon
  • Like 2

It seems a daily Liz Truss bashing here, nothing about Rishi, how strange...

I think we all know Liz will get the job, yet still the bashing, yesterday a member Liz basher was trashing her over her love life near 20 years back, why, what has that got to do with her professional life, its crazy and desperate.

We have another who refuses to use a capital T for her surname, why, it is childish.

Am I to assume Rishi is the nuts, in the Truss bashing circles, if so, tell us why.....Go for it.....????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

In the vey few posts you make that aren’t simply trolling about ‘lefties’, ‘The Guardian’ and team colours, you frequently make the hardly secret observation that Truss is a shoe-in for PM.

Hardly surprising then that people ignore the obvious runner up and focus on the hair brained and fairytale policy promises of the candidate you yourself insist will be PM.

If Truss is going to be PM, and it is almost certain she will, then what she has to say about her plans when PM is very rightly the stuff of critical discussion.

Yes, I know, you don’t like being exposed to views you disagree with.

So nothing on Rishi, I am not surprised....

Oh, good morning.....????

13 minutes ago, RayC said:

Why don't you post something about Sunak's policies to get a discussion started?

My mind is made up, Liz for me, your click are trashing Liz, now you and yours tell me why Rishi is the nuts.

Go for it.........????

Some baiting / bickering posts have been removed also a slew of negative emoticons, please note this is stalking and action will be taken as we do not allow stalking 

11. You will not stalk other members by using forum posts, private messages, the use of emojis or any other means.

• Like 1