Truss surges ahead, wins key backers in U.K. leadership race for prime minister

onthedarkside

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The fact you don’t read a report doesn’t in anyway distract from what the report says.

It just demonstrates your eagerness to avoid reading stuff that contradicts your point of view.

All columns are written by individuals, most in a couple of rags are of the same ilk to please the ilk they represent...End of...????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The point being made is not what has the US got to do with the UK, rather it’s an observation that Truss is proposing policies that have their roots in Regan Economics.

Reduced taxation ‘trickle down economics’ does not work, never has.

It does however make the rich richer, the poor poorer and destroy public services.

The UK is not the USA, we are very different to the USA, no comparison....

China, Vietnam, Camodia, Burma, Laos are all Communist,  go look how different China and Vietnam are via their "hidden" capitalism......???? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

How that changes the fact Truss is proposing policies that are rooted in Regan’s ‘Trickle Down’ economic’ philosophy is anyone’s guess. 

Just your guess, the UK has nothing to do with the USA and its past decision making....????

Back on topic please, Liz & Rishi, who will get the big seat....????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, stevenl said:

How about, just once, a comment on the facts in stead of dismissing everything you don't like because of the source.

I am not interested in anything from 13 years back that the lefty's have dug up to try and defame...

But, you might like that sort of stuff, I don't, so mind your own business in what I read or listen too regarding this thread.... 

Thank you....:clap2:

Just now, stevenl said:

You're posting here and you're telling others to leave you alone. That will happen as soon as you stop posting.

It seems you're unhappy with someone telling you to leave him alone. Strange that, you telling others to leave you alone, but when told to leave others alone you get upset.

Where have I asked folk to leave me alone, ........Links please.????

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

What media sources do you trust?

None of your business, my thoughts are gathered from various sources, where I can usually spot those with an agenda to dig for cr@p, and as for this type of Tory thread, the lefty news source brigade enjoy their trip.

Now back to Liz & Rishi, any movement, I haven't seen any today...? ????

Just now, RayC said:

Can you enlighten me - and probably many others regardless of their political persuasion - why you consider a discussion about Trusses' policies not relevant to this thread?

Where have I said that....?

1 minute ago, RayC said:

You know what you know, right?! (no pun intended).

Then you haven't been paying attention. There are two pages of discussion about the impact of the tax cuts proposed by Truss .... My mistake those two pages are off-topic????

I know what I read, my conclusions are mine to go with Liz, nothing has changed.....????

Truss, taxes, yes I know, I asked if there was any movement between Truss and Rishi, if that is too complicated for you, don't worry....????