Selfish and useless

pixelaoffy

25 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It is is because of this chaos we have found our paradise for one or the other reason. If Thailand was a highly structured country, things had been different. 

We havevto accept the bad that comes with the good. Ying Yang ????????

Singapoor next ? 

No chance. Too expensive for most to own a private car. Now empty car parks becoming farms.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

At the same time there is many things I dislike about Thailand, there is unfortunate more things that still makes my life better in Thailand. 

I could not, or do not want to live in Singapoor, Japan or Usa even I at the moment could afford it, it doesnt give me the feeling of freedom I have in Thailand. 

Right. So overall it is great then?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The counter argument is: if you enforce the law and start clamping or towing away vehicles and fining their drivers, then they will not return to Pattaya and they will post on social media and deter others from coming too.

About 2 years ago cars parked on Pattaya Beach Rd were being penalised and this position was quickly reversed after much criticism online. Businesses on or near the beaches need customers at weekends and don't want them being scared off by the police.

A couple of park and ride schemes would make a positive difference to improve things for everybody, but I won't hold my breath waiting.

Not enough car parks either, or they are in the wrong places.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, newnative said:

It's the same thing on Pattaya Beach Road.  The city foolishly decided to allow parking on the beach side.   So, 3 lanes of traffic were reduced to 2 lanes. 

That of course was to boost domestic tourism during the lean times of Covid.... no parking needs to be reintroduced now that things are picking up. Although it doesn't bother me as I stay away from those areas on holidays or long weekends. It is bad enough in the outskirts.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hummin said:

It is is because of this chaos we have found our paradise for one or the other reason. If Thailand was a highly structured country, things had been different. 

We havevto accept the bad that comes with the good. Ying Yang ????????

Singapoor next ? 

Enforcing traffic controls = Singapore?  = Strawman 

22 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I am quite sure the disabled and those pushing push-chairs would whole heartedly agree

Yes, they need space to use the promenade.....I love the way the parked vehicles block off the disabled transport... a good example can be seen on soi Yume, where a disabled lane from Father Ray's is always blocked.....

Perhaps the beachside lane would make a good disabled and cycling lane....

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

That of course was to boost domestic tourism during the lean times of Covid.... no parking needs to be reintroduced now that things are picking up. Although it doesn't bother me as I stay away from those areas on holidays or long weekends. It is bad enough in the outskirts.  

Sure it's boosting domestic tourism - At the expense of foreign tourism. Like I've said before: July and August used to be mini high season along the beach with the Europeans. But after two consecutive "projects" along the beach they gave up. Now with the beach side (pickups parking) as well as lowlife locals on motorbikes on that glorified road , I mean promenade , the Europeans along the beach are long gone. Yesterday Sunday took songkow from North to South and walked beach from South to North. About 99% Thais.

• Like 1

That road has been labelled as "Billionaire Street" so it's probably just the guy who owns the new 280 Million Baht villa there parking his 18th, 19th and 20th vehicles outside his place, lol. He can only fit his Bentley, three Porsches and seven Mercs actually on his property.

27 minutes ago, Guderian said:

That road has been labelled as "Billionaire Street" so it's probably just the guy who owns the new 280 Million Baht villa there parking his 18th, 19th and 20th vehicles outside his place, lol. He can only fit his Bentley, three Porsches and seven Mercs actually on his property.

That's gonna be someone's house and not a fancy cafe like Glass house or similar?

How'd you know that?

It's some building.

22 hours ago, newnative said:

They'll park in the traffic lane even when a parking space is available a short distance away.  No, they must stop right in front of the store.  They cannot  walk any extra steps. 

Yeah, that one's driving me crazy. I can understand double parking if there's no choice. But when there's ample parking space perhaps 10-20 meters away... why?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PJ71 said:

That's gonna be someone's house and not a fancy cafe like Glass house or similar?

How'd you know that?

It's some building.

Take look at the layout of the building and the awards that it's won, it's absolutely no use for anything other than a private residence.

14 hours ago, XGM said:

Yeah, that one's driving me crazy. I can understand double parking if there's no choice. But when there's ample parking space perhaps 10-20 meters away... why?

Those 20m are inconvenient.......

Best is when hazard lights are used, just to reinforce they know they are wrong but do it anyhow, 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 3:45 PM, pixelaoffy said:

The selfish Drivers on dongtan beach Jomtien all along the footpath . Close to the Police station nearby that has no Interest in traffic law  breaking and no law enforcement ..useless

another happy falang in LOS who demands law enforcement, traffic laws adhered to, and weirdly capitalizes and doesn't capitalize certain words.   

Seems like you are living in the most awful place on Earth.........since you are posting you must be terribly upset.   Deep breaths.   Control your breathing.   Relax, it's not your country.   Maybe write to your congressman and have them send it to your embassy.  They might   forward your complaint to the ambassador and onwards.....then you can really change the world!!!!  

Edited by Iamfalang
  • Haha 1

And quite strange that police does nothing about this, as this is the perfect type of law enforcement that they specialize in.

Which is any action that is easy, not dangerous to them, does not require chasing vehicles, etc.

Locking parked cars in old Phuket town. Locking motorbikes on the sidewalk in front of Robinson store, ganging up to feel safe on a main street collecting bahts when farangs do not wear a helmet.

All these actions have in common that it is easy to do, and that they do nothing to add security on the roads.

So yes, TIT means that if one came here to observe the beauty of Buddhism at work, one will be in for one heck of a surprise...

• Like 1

Try walking in Bangkok. Most roads have no room for pedestrians because businesses, either food vendors or shops, block them. Or the roads have no pavements/sidewalks there at all. And those that do have a place for people to walk are often blocked by poorly placed obstacles like electricity poles or phone booths. I have a friend who has travelled the world in a wheelchair, and he said that Bangkok was by far the worst place he had been to for wheelchair users.

• Like 1