Red Bull Heir Escapes Cocaine Charge, Only Reckless Driving Charge Left

webfact

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

I think most TVF members would be smart enough NOT to crash their Porsche into a police officer on a motorcycle in a drunken, cocaine fueled stupor in the first place!

But would they be smart enough to escape if they did ?

• Like 1

The defendant deliberately caused the delay in the verdict by fleeing for several years. Logically, this would then also have to cause the duration of the statute of limitations to be interrupted. Unfortunately, this causal logic does not apply in Thai jurisprudence.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

with such terrible government and such a sickness in society how can you bear to live here?  If I took such offence at miscarriages of justice involving  people I don't know I would leave tomorrow .  But where would I go ?   its the same everywhere, just that some places are better at hiding it

Nonsense. Western democratic countries do not hide anything of the kind we are witnessing with the Reb Bull saga. And I don't any longer live in Thailand. I am not even all that keen at visiting the country now, despite having some Thai friends from the 6 years I lived there. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The lawsuit would now be solely on the charge of reckless driving leading to death but the statute of limitations on this too is expiring in September 2027.

The kid will return to Thailand in September 2027 and thumb his nose at the Thai public while patting his proponents in high places on the back. 
That will be a big celebration of how the obscenely wealthy can p**s on the legal system which they are all above.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, jesimps said:

If I killed someone because I was high on drugs and alcohol, rich or poor, I would willingly face the music. I wouldn't be able to live with myself otherwise. I take it that you'd do the same as Boss? I'd hate to have your karma.

I wondered how long it would take before somebody would make that claim  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, connda said:

The kid will return to Thailand in September 2027 and thumb his nose at the Thai public while patting his proponents in high places on the back. 
That will be a big celebration of how the obscenely wealthy can p**s on the legal system which they are all above.

that is correct

28 minutes ago, Spock said:

Nonsense. Western democratic countries do not hide anything of the kind we are witnessing with the Reb Bull saga. And I don't any longer live in Thailand. I am not even all that keen at visiting the country now, despite having some Thai friends from the 6 years I lived there. 

Your faith in western democracies is astonishing

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, connda said:

Nice to be filthy rich aye.

This tragic accident occurred more than 10 years ago , a Thai passport lasts 5 years if I am correct. How is it possible this guy can fly around the world unless he has renewed his Thai passport. How is it therefore possible to renew a passport with outstanding warrants against you.

1 minute ago, Brick Top said:

This tragic accident occurred more than 10 years ago , a Thai passport lasts 5 years if I am correct. How is it possible this guy can fly around the world unless he has renewed his Thai passport. How is it therefore possible to renew a passport with outstanding warrants against you.

same way he flys in and out when he pleases... on his non Thai passport.

• Like 1

It just leaves me wondering, how thick, wide and long those massive manila envelopes must have been to keep this pristine example of "Thainess" away from the "mother of all tickets". 

Interesting is though, that he is accused to have made one of their own ranks disappear via a coffin through the chimney. Some call it unfortunate accident, others might call it manslaughter, yet others call it first degree murder as everyone knows, that being under the influence of much less than cocaine handicaps any driver ....... and well, boy, I remember vividly the trace from the crash site into the residence left behind this car, for which the accused could not even pay the highway toll or a tank of petrol from money he never earned. 

This is Thailand and if Thais think, that this is in order - well, their call. Despicable farçe in other societies and legal systems - me thinks! 

7 minutes ago, Brick Top said:

He simply bought a new passport from another country. For example Macedonia or a Caribbean country. Dual citizenship doesn't even cost $1 million.

• Like 2