Red Bull Heir Escapes Cocaine Charge, Only Reckless Driving Charge Left

webfact

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There is rule of law in this case and it is being applied, the expiration of the statute of limitations has nothing to do with corruption as it applies to everyone facing the same charges.

Rule of law would implement an actual effort to extradite the creep. Rule of law would include an actual Interpol red notice (never really happened here for “some reason”), rule of law would indict those aiding and abetting his flight from Justice too. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Its always fun to see the self righteous and outraged  TVF  members getting their knickers in a twist over this story, 

But I wonder, how many of you , if involved in a similar situation, and with similar wealth and options available. to you would actually behave any differently 

Exactly, if I was a billionaire and my kids suffered from the terrible affliction of addiction, I would do all in my power to save them going to jail. If anyone says they would do otherwise, i don't believe them or wouldn't want to know them. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pomchop said:

Disgusting on so many levels.

The biggest lie :  Equal justice.

Explain please.

It certainly isn't equality across the board when a poor drunk, rice farmer in Isarn kills a motorcyclist and pays 50k baht, yet this guy is hounded by the ThaiVisa bashers and is exiled from the country after giving millions in compensation to the family. 

Some here want him to pay more just because he has lots of dough. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Not really a legal system here - I mean for those at the top, more of a joke really. I'm surprised they could find a deputy-deputy to drop this news.

It's the same everywhere, remember OJ Simpson?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Spock said:

For a start, they could boycott Red Bull, but I bet every second taxi driver is swilling it down with not a care in the world for the evil creatures that produce the product.

Please explain how the manufacturers of Red Bull are evil creatures.

If you have any kids, would you want them to be locked up in a Thai jail?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, jesimps said:

If I killed someone because I was high on drugs and alcohol, rich or poor, I would willingly face the music. I wouldn't be able to live with myself otherwise. I take it that you'd do the same as Boss? I'd hate to have your karma.

The difference between you and Thais is that they understand Karma more. 

Once an action is done, the negative Karma cannot be erased. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Thai people accept this fact that he will certainly get away with his crimes and never be held to account. They know that they can't do anything against one of the most institutionally corrupt police forces and justice systems in the world. So they just shrug their shoulders and move on. It is only us stupid westerners who are outraged and cannot accept this fact.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, RobU said:

The Thai people accept this fact that he will certainly get away with his crimes and never be held to account. They know that they can't do anything against one of the most institutionally corrupt police forces and justice systems in the world. So they just shrug their shoulders and move on. It is only us stupid westerners who are outraged and cannot accept this fact.

And those stupid westerners (your words not mine) are members of this forum because very few outside of the forum give a toss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RobU said:

You don't see most of what goes on. I lived in Isarn for 20 years and knew of 3 cases where drunk people killed motorcyclists. They were all fined 50,000 baht, it's the going rate. 

What make you think this guy should pay more? 

I don't know why many foreigners are upset with this case, when it happens every day 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You may think that in your law firm, you'd be wrong, though.

Law firm?  Only way to handle things with guys like this and those involved is line them all up on their knees and put a bullet in their heads. When the limitation runs out and he return let hope he meets that faith quickly. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Law firm?  Only way to handle things with guys like this and those involved is line them all up on their knees and put a bullet in their heads. When the limitation runs out and he return let hope he meets that faith quickly. 

he is friends with many lawyers from what ive seen.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I think by far the majority do not own  Porsches.

From a Janis Joplin song

"Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends
So, oh, Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?

10 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Its always fun to see the self righteous and outraged  TVF  members getting their knickers in a twist over this story, 

But I wonder, how many of you , if involved in a similar situation, and with similar wealth and options available. to you would actually behave any differently 

good point, it's a natural response and 99% would do the same as this twit. everyone's hating while he is living the dream - spending millions on an indefinite euro vacation. Thai police don't want him, Thai courts don't want to prosecute him so why do we care so much. he is a product of his environment within a broken system; it really isn't even about him, he is just a symptom of the cause. 

• Like 2

So we've all accepted this as a foregone conclusion then.

He will get away with it and life in thailand will carry on.

It's not Thai-bashing but a realisatioon of a broken system that we decided to embrace.....  sad really.

Sad for the brow beaton people and their pathetic system.

5 hours ago, d2b2 said:
8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There is rule of law in this case and it is being applied, the expiration of the statute of limitations has nothing to do with corruption as it applies to everyone facing the same charges.

Rule of law would implement an actual effort to extradite the creep. Rule of law would include an actual Interpol red notice (never really happened here for “some reason”), rule of law would indict those aiding and abetting his flight from Justice too. 

Extradition relies on the co-operation of the country he is in, it's out of the control of the RTP and for extradition to even be considered the Thai authorities have to advise the exact address at which he is living in that country.   A Red Notice has been issued by Interpol, it was shown in the media some time ago and the subject has been discussed ad nauseum. 

Who, if anyone, specifically "aided and abetted his flight from justice" and do you know what constitutes that in this country?   He, apparently, just got on a plane and left the country before he was served with an arrest warrant.

6 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Calm your pants and read it again, jeez.

I was replying to someone who said he comes and goes as he pleases and I said that is a TVF myth as there is not a single picture of him in Thailand and that would be impossible if he was here.

You got that one very wrong in your flurry to reply to every single poster.

Ok, ok, I misinterpreted your comment, calm your pants, geez, you're right, I agree with you on that.     This is a 'kin forum, I can respond to whichever posts I choose, that's it's only reason to exist, and if there wasn't such "a flurry", as you put it, of nonsensical, ill-informed posts that are crying out for a rational response maybe I wouldn't respond to so many!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:
9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Interpol have issued a red notice and Vorayuth was never reported to be using a false passport.

Where is the RED notice? If you search Interpol its not there, you have evidence to the contrary?

Regarding the passport you are correct, but you didn't show my full post.

"However in a 'real' country he would have been arrested and passport taken.

Then when he obtained a false passport and left, a real country would have Interpol issue a Red notice.

But look what happened!"

My point being he wasn't processed by the RTP correctly, if he had maybe all this may not happened? Big IF?

Interpol has confirmed in the past that the Red Notice for him was issued and they showed it. They also said that they do not show all of the thousands of notices that have been issued (in the region of 8,500 at the time) on the publicly accessible website.  There is no need for them to do that as member police forces do not get their Interpol data/information regarding those Notices from a public website.

At the time he left the country he hadn't been served with the arrest warrant that's why he hadn't been arrested again after being released following the initial arrest immediately after the accident.  He left on his Thai passport, that was widely reported, as was the subsequent revocation of that passport.

There have been no reports of him using a false passport as you keep asserting.  Reports assumed that he must be travelling on a passport issued by another country, that would be a real passport, not a fake one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, Interpol does issue the notices, that's why they are called "Interpol" notices but they may be issued by Interpol at the request of a member police force.

There was a Red Notice issued for Vorayuth, it was shown in the media.  The reason that it's not seen on the public website is that there are thousands. (8,000+) of notices currently in force and they aren't all shown on that

website, Interpol has explained that on a few occasions.   Police forces do not need a public website to get their information. 

Interpol notices are advisories to member forces they are not instructions to apprehend, neither are they warrants, to act on them or ignore them is up to the member police forces.

Boss, is that you?

Ahem,

The legal basis for a Red Notice is an arrest warrant or court order issued by the judicial authorities in the country concerned. Many of our member countries consider a Red Notice to be a valid request for provisional arrest.

https://www.interpol.int

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, RobU said:

I accepted the fact years ago , doesn't make the situation any less repugnant.

• Like 2

Anutin fled the country and has been found guilty in absentia several times over the last few years, I don’t understand how he couldn’t have been charged and prosecuted through the courts, then be given the opportunity to return and appeal 

11 minutes ago, Thumbs said:

Anutin fled the country and has been found guilty in absentia several times over the last few years, I don’t understand how he couldn’t have been charged and prosecuted through the courts, then be given the opportunity to return and appeal 

Anutin?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Extradition relies on the co-operation of the country he is in, it's out of the control of the RTP and for extradition to even be considered the Thai authorities have to advise the exact address at which he is living in that country.   A Red Notice has been issued by Interpol, it was shown in the media some time ago and the subject has been discussed ad nauseum. 

Who, if anyone, specifically "aided and abetted his flight from justice" and do you know what constitutes that in this country?   He, apparently, just got on a plane and left the country before he was served with an arrest warrant.

Extradition would require RTP actually post an active red notice, which as far as I know was never done. 
Are you on Red Bull’s payroll? Trying your best to turn the repulsive into acceptable?

do you get a brown envelope too?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's all in the past.  He worked the system quite well, as anyone, inclusive, would do.

Don't think Interpol will accept a red notice for a pending traffic violation ... ????

The family benefitted beyond belief, only because who's grandson he is.  30 mill, instead of 200k baht, as the standard highest compensation given in these situations.

If would have fessed up in the beginning, and not been the 'grandson', probably wouldn't have gotten jail time anyway.  It's only news because of who he is.

Did the little rich kid screw up big time, of course.  But if had been some village kid, in a rickety pick up truck, the insurance would have paid 200k, and he'd probably gotten a suspended sentence or 6 months at most.