Red Bull Heir Escapes Cocaine Charge, Only Reckless Driving Charge Left

webfact

2 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

It would be interesting to know the history of this change in the law in 2021. Seems a curious time to go soft on cocaine usage.

Not really a legal system here - I mean for those at the top, more of a joke really. I'm surprised they could find a deputy-deputy to drop this news.

The Statute of Limitations period should be pasued when the alleged criminal is out of the country on the run.

Stop it, you're talking too much common sense!!  

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

TVF myth, I don't believe it.  Not one single photo of him in Thailand, not one.

Not seen a photo of him outside of Thailand for a few years either, no one knows which country he's hiding in, although obviously not Thailand

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not seen a photo of him outside of Thailand for a few years either, no one knows which country he's hiding in, although obviously not Thailand

"They seek him here - they seek him there .........."

Anthony Andrews and Jane Seymour in The Scarlet Pimpernel (1982)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

False equivalence. What of the high profile very rich names jailed in USA ? Epstein,Maxwell , CEO of VW etc. You may be able to afford good quality lawyers but they don’t necessarily mean acquittal.

every now and again a few sacrificial lambs are hung out to dry  It helps to mainyain the illusion  . One would have to be blind and retarded to think that nobody is above the law

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Robbie2618 said:

In many countries you simply would be tried in court in absentia, if you don't show up you pretty much get convicted. There is no need to let it simply run out of time. Unless of course that was the plan.

It was always the plan!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spock said:

What has this to do with the corruption and total disregard of the value of human life or letter of the law which this case epitomises? Whether he or us would take advantage of the sickness in Thai society that allows this to happen is beside the point. What does matter is that he has mown down a policeman while off his head on stimulants then been allowed to evade the penalties of his actions, and been enabled to do so by the most corrupt of legal and government systems. The fact that Thais are not upset at the way this has played out is also an indictment on them. For a start, they could boycott Red Bull, but I bet every second taxi driver is swilling it down with not a care in the world for the evil creatures that produce the product.

with such terrible government and such a sickness in society how can you bear to live here?  If I took such offence at miscarriages of justice involving  people I don't know I would leave tomorrow .  But where would I go ?   its the same everywhere, just that some places are better at hiding it

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

with such terrible government and such a sickness in society how can you bear to live here?  If I took such offence at miscarriages of justice involving  people I don't know I would leave tomorrow .  But where would I go ?   its the same everywhere, just that some places are better at hiding it

How do you know some places are better at hiding it?

41 minutes ago, sambum said:

And you think that the reason for that is due to the fact that he hasn't been here, or that the media have been "warned off"?

He hasn't been here.  The mainstream media have nothing to do with it.  Somebody, somewhere, during one of these visits would have snapped a picture of him and leaked it.  He would be seen in a club, a bar, somewhere.  They wouldn't send it to the Bangkok Post.

It's impossible he could be here and absolutely not one image has surfaced.  Plus if his statute of limitations only has five years left why would he take the risk of trying to enter?

I am not saying he isn't living with impunity - he is.  He just isn't doing it in Thailand.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

How do you know some places are better at hiding it?

I think its a racing certainty  of course you are free to disagree, maybe you can find one of your "links" to convince me otherwise