Red Bull Heir Escapes Cocaine Charge, Only Reckless Driving Charge Left

webfact

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:
2 hours ago, jesimps said:

If I killed someone because I was high on drugs and alcohol, rich or poor, I would willingly face the music. I wouldn't be able to live with myself otherwise. I take it that you'd do the same as Boss? I'd hate to have your karma.

I wondered how long it would take before somebody would make that claim  

Yes, it must be wonderful to be that perfect even though, ironically, that personification of perfection was describing himself in the position of causing someone's death while being high on drugs and alcohol!   Hypocrisy, indeed!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brick Top said:

This tragic accident occurred more than 10 years ago , a Thai passport lasts 5 years if I am correct. How is it possible this guy can fly around the world unless he has renewed his Thai passport. How is it therefore possible to renew a passport with outstanding warrants against you.

His Thai passport was revoked years ago; he obviously has a passport from another country .  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d2b2 said:

Without rule of law, Thailand will forever remain a 3rd world country. 
The extent of corruption boggles the mind.

There is rule of law in this case and it is being applied, the expiration of the statute of limitations has nothing to do with corruption as it applies to everyone facing the same charges.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Interpol have issued a red notice and Vorayuth was never reported to be using a false passport.

Dual citizenship.

Khun Boss first went to Dubai and spent time with Thaksin.

Think about.

Think about what?  Going to Dubai, as you allege, doesn't mean he had a false passport, neither does having dual citizenship suggest he had a false passport.  Think about it.

40 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So many posters say that but not one of them has ever shown anything but hearsay to support their claims.

He doesnt like me taking pictures 

I'm sure he wouldn't give a toss about your photographic efforts!

4 hours ago, 2baht said:

I think most TVF members would be smart enough NOT to crash their Porsche into a police officer on a motorcycle in a drunken, cocaine fueled stupor in the first place!

I think by far the majority do not own  Porsches.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

Bah!  Interpol doesn't issue the notice, it is the country that issues Red Notices.  If you have checked Interpol's website over these many years and searched for Thailand Red Notices, you would note that the Thais never seemed to have bothered to issue one for him.

Countries can't apprehend anyone if there isn't a warrant or request out.

Yes, Interpol does issue the notices, that's why they are called "Interpol" notices but they may be issued by Interpol at the request of a member police force.

There was a Red Notice issued for Vorayuth, it was shown in the media.  The reason that it's not seen on the public website is that there are thousands. (8,000+) of notices currently in force and they aren't all shown on that

website, Interpol has explained that on a few occasions.   Police forces do not need a public website to get their information. 

Interpol notices are advisories to member forces they are not instructions to apprehend, neither are they warrants, to act on them or ignore them is up to the member police forces.

6 hours ago, seedy said:

You think it is different in the West ? 555

Money talks the world over. He who has the best lawyer wins, and this all comes down to $$$

That is a very broad generalization and lacking facts. 

I worked in law enforcement in the 'West' and there was never any preferential treatment to wealthy or connected individuals, to turn a blind eye, which is what you seem to be alluding to.  Maybe decades ago this was an issue. 

Now so many oversight bodies, internal affairs, ombudsman, independent commissions against corruption, integrity checks, undercover anti-corruption operations, body cameras, independent officers, goes on and on and on. 

Systems are set up that anything so blatant as this Red Bull saga would NEVER occur in the 'West'.  The public also are not gagged in the democratic west so media and public would not let it go.  There would be charges for negligence, corruption etc. 

If the same scenario occurred where I worked and anywhere else, charges would have been laid ex-parte (if in fact he actually escaped and fled the country) and extradition warrants and INTERPOL informed. Nobody would have given a stuff how wealthy the offender was.

There would be pro-active pursual of his whereabouts and if caught in a country where extradition treaties between both nations exist, then we'd be applying for extradition.  

Would he have high level representation in court?  Yes of course, and that is where wealthy benefit with better legal defence teams.  This means police briefs of evidence often need to be extremely thorough and a lot more resources and effort to secure a conviction.  Other times, the evidence is so blatant that it would not matter how well represented.  

Corruption exists everywhere. But on the whole most developed world police forces operate by the book. 

A few rotten eggs don't mean a whole force is rotten. This is despite the rhetoric of some with their own grievances and agendas. Seen it all,, heard it all.  Mostly from ignorant people.

Developing countries like Thailand do have massive corruption issues which is very very different to the 'West'.  

Edited by aussienam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought that the statute of limitations was the time within which the courts needed to register a charge, not the time within which someone has to avoid prosecution. But TIT.
Why don't they just drop the other charge also then the story will go away. Everyone knows he will escape that one also. I am sure we are all getting bored of this story trotting out every few months

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Interpol have issued a red notice and Vorayuth was never reported to be using a false passport.

Where is the RED notice? If you search Interpol its not there, you have evidence to the contrary?

Regarding the passport you are correct, but you didn't show my full post.

"However in a 'real' country he would have been arrested and passport taken.

Then when he obtained a false passport and left, a real country would have Interpol issue a Red notice.

But look what happened!"

My point being he wasn't processed by the RTP correctly, if he had maybe all this may not happened? Big IF?

Edited by mikeymike100
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So you have evidence that he has been here, have you?  Opinions or speculation is not evidence.

Calm your pants and read it again, jeez.

I was replying to someone who said he comes and goes as he pleases and I said that is a TVF myth as there is not a single picture of him in Thailand and that would be impossible if he was here.

You got that one very wrong in your flurry to reply to every single poster.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Where is the RED notice? If you search Interpol its not there, you have evidence to the contrary?

https://www.interpol.int/en/How-we-work/Notices/Red-Notices

How many Red Notices are there?

There are currently approximately 69,270 valid Red Notices, of which some 7,500 are public.

The majority of Red Notices are restricted to law enforcement use only.

3 hours ago, Brick Top said:

This tragic accident occurred more than 10 years ago , a Thai passport lasts 5 years if I am correct. How is it possible this guy can fly around the world unless he has renewed his Thai passport. How is it therefore possible to renew a passport with outstanding warrants against you.

Apparently his passport was revoked years ago:

Thailand's foreign ministry has canceled the passport of an heir to the Red Bull energy drink fortune.

But revoking Yoovidhya's passport is not likely to keep him trapped in any one country. Some countries will issue a passport to people making a minimum level of investment. In others, passports can be obtained with what amounts to almost a cash payment.

Source

13 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Calm your pants and read it again, jeez.

I was replying to someone who said he comes and goes as he pleases and I said that is a TVF myth as there is not a single picture of him in Thailand and that would be impossible if he was here.

You got that one very wrong in your flurry to reply to every single poster.

There are pictures. Just not in the media.

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Apparently his passport was revoked years ago:

Thailand's foreign ministry has canceled the passport of an heir to the Red Bull energy drink fortune.

But revoking Yoovidhya's passport is not likely to keep him trapped in any one country. Some countries will issue a passport to people making a minimum level of investment. In others, passports can be obtained with what amounts to almost a cash payment.

Source

Why I mentioned in a previous post he comes and goes with his other passport(s).

Some people (not you BKK Brian) find it difficult to see past their own hard-on when it comes to K.Boss.

Edited by Ralf001
  • Like 1