Red Bull Heir Escapes Cocaine Charge, Only Reckless Driving Charge Left

webfact

37 minutes ago, d2b2 said:

Extradition would require RTP actually post an active red notice, which as far as I know was never done. 
Are you on Red Bull’s payroll? Trying your best to turn the repulsive into acceptable?

do you get a brown envelope too?

It sure look like it! LOL!

1 hour ago, d2b2 said:

Extradition would require RTP actually post an active red notice, which as far as I know was never done. 
Are you on Red Bull’s payroll? Trying your best to turn the repulsive into acceptable?

do you get a brown envelope too?

Extradition does not require Interpol's involvement, all it need is the agreement of the two countries concerned and, even if it does get involved the notices are just advices, not instructions, not warrants.   A Red Notice has been issued for Vorayuth, it has been shown in the past and Interpol has also explained why the majority of notices don't appear on the publicly accessible website. 

"Are you on Red Bull’s payroll? Trying your best to turn the repulsive into acceptable?"

I should just treat that comment with the contempt it deserves, instead I'll tell you that the reason I comment on this subject is because so many posts are just plain wrong.  You have a problem with other members posting their opinions and pointing out fallacies?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, Interpol does issue the notices, that's why they are called "Interpol" notices but they may be issued by Interpol at the request of a member police force.

There was a Red Notice issued for Vorayuth, it was shown in the media.  The reason that it's not seen on the public website is that there are thousands. (8,000+) of notices currently in force and they aren't all shown on that

website, Interpol has explained that on a few occasions.   Police forces do not need a public website to get their information. 

Interpol notices are advisories to member forces they are not instructions to apprehend, neither are they warrants, to act on them or ignore them is up to the member police forces.

Boss, is that you?

Ahem,

The legal basis for a Red Notice is an arrest warrant or court order issued by the judicial authorities in the country concerned. Many of our member countries consider a Red Notice to be a valid request for provisional arrest.

https://www.interpol.int

Ahem, what's your point?   RTP have issued an arrest warrant for Vorayuth and, as that quote states, a Red Notice is a request to member police forces for consideration.   It is not an instruction and certainly not a warrant.  Interpol has also confirmed that a Red Notice was issued for him.

On 8/3/2022 at 8:46 AM, Bday Prang said:

Its always fun to see the self righteous and outraged  TVF  members getting their knickers in a twist over this story, 

But I wonder, how many of you , if involved in a similar situation, and with similar wealth and options available. to you would actually behave any differently 

It's ridiculous. Many don't understand the way things work here. 

I've got a friend who was put in jail for 15 years for a speck of Cocaine, just as she <deleted> off the wrong HiSos. 

Generally, cocaine use is a very minor charge, why are these people getting so upset, are they jealous of this guys moneyh?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Please explain how the manufacturers of Red Bull are evil creatures.

If you have any kids, would you want them to be locked up in a Thai jail?

Anyone who can wilfully cover up a heinous crime like this one and not accept responsibility for their actions is evil. My Thai mate has just been released after serving 8 years in prison. Only my financial assistance enabled him to get through the time which included 2 bouts of TB then covid, severely weakening his lungs and resistance to infection and illness. He paid the penalty for his crime.

I find it abhorrent that ordinary people cannot escape the consequences of their actions while the rich routinely buy their way out of situations and/or use their connections to avoid prison. What makes this worse is that everyone knows he committed the crime yet there is an acceptance in Thailand that the rich and powerful are subject to a totally different set of rules - or no rules at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Anyone who can wilfully cover up a heinous crime like this one and not accept responsibility for their actions is evil. My Thai mate has just been released after serving 8 years in prison.

Would your mate have paid the police to stay out of jail if he had a spare billion baht?

Is the fact that a billionaire committing this crime any different to my foreign colleague who did exactly the same thing in Isan?

Yes, he was on drugs/alcohol and dragged the poor motorcyclist 100 yards to his death. Now he followed the system and paid 700,000 baht. Boss paid 3 million baht to the family and is still hounded for one reason only - his fame and fortune. My daughter's classmate killed a motorcyclist when he was in Mattyom 2, driving his father's Merc. He even drove in into school! He went abroad for 2 years. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 8:46 AM, Bday Prang said:

Its always fun to see the self righteous and outraged  TVF  members getting their knickers in a twist over this story, 

But I wonder, how many of you , if involved in a similar situation, and with similar wealth and options available. to you would actually behave any differently 

Many people would stand up and take responsibility for their actions. But that isn’t the mindset in third world countries……those people are more likely to try to run away and avoid the consequences, as we have seen here. Ultimately we are all held responsible for our actions, it is called karma. You can duck and dodge all you want, but eventually there is a balance for everybody.

4 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Many people would stand up and take responsibility for their actions. But that isn’t the mindset in third world countries……those people are more likely to try to run away and avoid the consequences, as we have seen here. Ultimately we are all held responsible for our actions, it is called karma. You can duck and dodge all you want, but eventually there is a balance for everybody.

How do you explain the dead policeman's Karma?

Could it be that there is something in these developing countries that is understood better than developed(3rd world hasn't been used in 40 years)?

Karma cannot be changed, so when a crime has been committed, that negative Karma is going to come back and kick you in the <deleted>. Better to wait out your negative Karma in a 5 star hotel than a Thai jail.

Westerners believe they can make amends but many Thais don't.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 11:07 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Ahem, what's your point?   RTP have issued an arrest warrant for Vorayuth and, as that quote states, a Red Notice is a request to member police forces for consideration.   It is not an instruction and certainly not a warrant.  Interpol has also confirmed that a Red Notice was issued for him.

Do you have any sort of proof or at least a credible reliable news agency link which backs up your claim that Interpol was actively looked for Boss? 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, pegman said:
On 8/4/2022 at 11:07 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

Do you have any sort of proof or at least a credible reliable news agency link which backs up your claim that Interpol was actively looked for Boss? 

I did not say that Interpol had "actively looked for" Vorayuth, I said that an Interpol Red Notice has been issued and Interpol and other sources have confirmed that to be the case including an Asean Now article in the last couple of days.   

One would have to be very unfamiliar with Thai practices to have expected anything else. The Thai legal system and its enforcers should hang their heads in shame! What a disgraceful corrupt system which protects the "haves" and exposes the "have nots"