Thai woman alleges bank staff are stealing from her account - she goes to the police

webfact

17 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

"She said she has contacted the bank on many occasions after 100K, 10K disappeared on many occasions. "

Wouldn't think she should have changed banks after the first theft?

Yeah that's what I thought. I would go mad if I lost 1k, not 100k and on many times. Sounds very wrong, maybe she just forgot it was her.

• Like 1

100k and 10k goes missing! And your still with the same bank? Anyone rich or poor would be down the bank the following day asking/demanding to know where the 100k/10k is if no immediate satisfactory explanation received close or freeze the account then report it to the police.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My missus 'withdrew' 500b from a yellow ATM, with a Green bank card, nothing came out, but it was gone from her account, rang her bank helpline and they asked for her  I.D. number, I told her to hang up. To her bank next day and it may take 3mths to sort it ????

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Can she provide receipts for her deposits and the supposed withdrawals, after all the deposit slips or the statement should show where the money was credited from and then would also show where the withdrawals originated.  Yes, there have been bank personnel who have taken monies from accounts in the past and I am sure this is probably another one of those issues.  

Go for it Sherlock

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Can she provide receipts for her deposits and the supposed withdrawals, after all the deposit slips or the statement should show where the money was credited from and then would also show where the withdrawals originated.  Yes, there have been bank personnel who have taken monies from accounts in the past and I am sure this is probably another one of those issues.  

There is always an electronic trail which is easily enough traced. She need not provide anything but ID and account number.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, crazykopite said:

So since 2017 she deposited 3.79 million baht as her initial opening account was only 271,000 baht and she claims 4 million has been stolen . She has always done it through the call centre so there would be recorded telephone dates and transactions that should lead to the trail of the stolen funds also when you call the centre you have someone dealing with you normally there greeting includes the name so I would imagine that the call centre would be aware of those who did that particular transfer . Would love to know how she came across 4 million baht 

Whatever happened, it's fishy as hell. Look at the picture, your average Thai in ordinary clothes holding her kid. There's no way I'm buying one second she is used to having millions in her bank account. Hiding your wealth is not customary here and if she had ten times less she would be parading around with gold and other ostentatious signs of wealth. I would not be surprised at all if something illegal (drugs…) was at the root of this.

Edited by rattlesnake
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, crazykopite said:

So since 2017 she deposited 3.79 million baht as her initial opening account was only 271,000 baht and she claims 4 million has been stolen . She has always done it through the call centre so there would be recorded telephone dates and transactions that should lead to the trail of the stolen funds also when you call the centre you have someone dealing with you normally there greeting includes the name so I would imagine that the call centre would be aware of those who did that particular transfer . Would love to know how she came across 4 million baht 

its all balls ...snooker i mean

10 hours ago, brianthainess said:

My missus 'withdrew' 500b from a yellow ATM, with a Green bank card, nothing came out, but it was gone from her account, rang her bank helpline and they asked for her  I.D. number, I told her to hang up. To her bank next day and it may take 3mths to sort it ????

???? So where did she hide the money during the 3 months?

• Haha 1

She waits until after many times this alleged stealing occurred?  And now goes to police.  Why not go after very first time stolen.  Something's not right with this story. 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 8:25 AM, ThailandRyan said:

I remember the days farangs would go to a bank, with an agent, and get statements showing 100s of thousand in their account dating back months/years and the farang had never had an account. TIT

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Ginner said:

I remember the days farangs would go to a bank, with an agent, and get statements showing 100s of thousand in their account dating back months/years and the farang had never had an account. TIT

I think your confusing an agent used for an extension.

21 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Would love to know how she came across 4 million baht 

Why, how would that ever be any of anyone else's business?  Just because it has, allegedly, been stolen you want to know where it came from?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, geisha said:

Haven’t had a Thai bank since 1990. Don’t you get monthly statements?? 
And if yes, I know some people don’t check theirs, but I do. 

I get daily notifications sent to my phone that shows my balance and check on the app often. I don't bother with the monthly statements.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

I get daily notifications sent to my phone that shows my balance and check on the app often. I don't bother with the monthly statements.

Ditto, but I do get the statement from K-Bank sent by e-mail monthly which I download into a file and view to ensure things have not gone awry.

On 8/2/2022 at 6:25 PM, ThailandRyan said:

But never ever question or challenge the financial mafias, as they're always right and upstanding denizens. ????

On 8/3/2022 at 4:55 PM, champers said:

Big hoo haa in Pattaya about a Ponzi type scheme run from the inside of a bank by a rogue employee. Many falangs are victims of this fraud.

At the purple one in Big Third  Alphabet I was offered a probable Ponzi by a staff member. Impossible returns. Beware. (Sukh, Pattaya.)