Uk Offshore Banking

NanLaew

My current thinking is that, with a none-year-old daughter and six-year-old son to raise, a year or so in UK would give them better English than being taught in local schools.

Also my other daughter in Uk (a teacher) has two kids of about the same age, so if I bring all together for a time when I retire, than everyone should win.

But for that I need to keep a residence in UK for a time, then if we decide Thailand is the place, then I sell and use the money generated.

But at the moment I stay in the spiral. I agree if I sold now and simply put the money in the bank I would be better off, but later rental charges would eliminate any benefit.

With regard to NI contributions, you can write, or apply on line, to get a pension forecast. All you need is your NI number. This forecast will tell you what your pension will be at today's rates, when you retire, based on your total contributions to date. It will also tell you how much of the back log (if there is any) that you will be allowed to make up, and how many more years contributions you need to make to qualify for a maximum, (or as close to maximum as possible) pension. In a vast majority of cases it will be worth your while to make the shortfall and/or future contributions.

Do you have the web address for this info ?? thanks.

With regard to NI contributions, you can write, or apply on line, to get a pension forecast. All you need is your NI number. This forecast will tell you what your pension will be at today's rates, when you retire, based on your total contributions to date. It will also tell you how much of the back log (if there is any) that you will be allowed to make up, and how many more years contributions you need to make to qualify for a maximum, (or as close to maximum as possible) pension. In a vast majority of cases it will be worth your while to make the shortfall and/or future contributions.

Do you have the web address for this info ?? thanks.

http://www.thepensionservice.gov.uk/atoz/a.../rpforecast.asp